Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Conservative or Labour

Search this Thread

Old 03 May 2008, 10:23 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Conservative or Labour

Who gets your vote in the next General Erection?
Old 03 May 2008, 10:33 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

As far as I am concerned, Labour have more chance of being kissed by the Pope than me giving them a vote.
Old 03 May 2008, 10:39 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 84of300
As far as I am concerned, Labour have more chance of being kissed by the Pope than me giving them a vote.
I would not go too much by that example Lesley, he accepted Billy Liar into his fold!

Les
Old 03 May 2008, 10:41 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by Leslie
I would not go too much by that example Lesley, he accepted Billy Liar into his fold!

Les

ahh, but did he kiss him

ok then, there is more chance of me sprouting wings and flying to the moon, than Labour getting a vote from me. Is that better
Old 03 May 2008, 10:45 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Whilst I am a hard lined conservatite, I'm not exactly bowled over by the current bunch.

Put it this way, I have never voted labour, and never will.

I may get tempted by a minority party (not Liberal ), but I think a strategic Conservative vote will be needed to make certain that the current bunch of fools are voted out.
Old 03 May 2008, 11:24 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

The problem as I see it is that no matter who we vote for, the biggest issues concerning our country will continue to get worse.

Fuel duty will continue to rise, the freeloaders will continue to get a free ride, schools will get worse, people will be in fear of becoming ill and having to rely on the NHS.

Nothing will change.

Fuel duty increases need to cease.
The system needs changing so that the work-shy will get more money if they work (and tax breaks to the business that employ them) and much less if they don't.
Getting pregnant does not mean a free ride.
Pump money into schools and raise the profile and respect of teachers. Remove endless paperwork.
Same goes for hospitals and reduce the number of foreigners in the NHS.
Restrict immigration even further. Don't waste time with those already here just make sure no more get in. We don't need thier workforce if we have the one time free-loaders doing it.
Make obtaining credit much harder and impose fines on banks if they make it too easy for people to get into debt.

And how will this be paid for - increase income tax. Reduce all these stupid stealth taxes and simply increase income tax. Its the only way to save this country. Shame that the population hasn't the stomach to take the "hit" and no government has the bottle to make people realise its got to be this way or things will get much much worse.
Old 03 May 2008, 01:45 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

As much as I am a conservative and they will get my vote. I do think we need another party o get in especially one that has stopping all the freeloaders on their manifesto amongst other things too

Labour will have as much chance of getting my vote as me believing in the story of Prescott suffering with an eating disorder, now if they said he couldnt stop eating they may have persuaded me
Old 03 May 2008, 01:52 PM
psl wise
Scooby Regular

neither ,if im going to vote a set of ***** in ill vote the BNP
Old 04 May 2008, 02:00 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 84of300
ahh, but did he kiss him

ok then, there is more chance of me sprouting wings and flying to the moon, than Labour getting a vote from me. Is that better
I'll fly you there Lesley, I'd quite enjoy the trip.

Les
Old 04 May 2008, 02:48 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Labour will have as much chance of getting my vote as me believing in the story of Prescott suffering with an eating disorder, now if they said he couldnt stop eating they may have persuaded me..
Old 04 May 2008, 03:05 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

We just did this in here about a week ago.

The result will be massivley in favour of the Tories which will be no surprise.

Here is what I posted last time.

Leaving aside the fact that Labour are bloody useless and that alone will garner some votes towards the Tories most people on here are reasonably young, male and doing OK for themselves - a typical right of centre demographic hence the vote will go to the Tories.

Most working class traditional Labour supporters don't own performance cars or spend their time perusing car related forums - get my drift?

BTW I won't be voting. Labour are useless, corrupt and out of ideas, but I can also remember just how bad the Tories were so I will give it a miss thanks.

Can I have a 'noone' option please?
Old 04 May 2008, 03:08 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan

Can I have a 'noone' option please?
A "none of the above" option is long overdue. The only way to do this at the moment is submit a spoiled ballot.
Old 05 May 2008, 01:05 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
A "none of the above" option is long overdue. The only way to do this at the moment is submit a spoiled ballot.
What on earth is the good of a spoiled ballot. You are wasting your vote which is one of the most precious things we have and what was fought for in the past.

You have to come to a decision which party will do best for the country. The only thing that will keep them on their toes is the threat of being voted out of power and their sinecures.

Les
Old 05 May 2008, 01:11 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

What on earth is the good of a spoiled ballot. You are wasting your vote which is one of the most precious things we have and what was fought for in the past.
Well said Les
Old 05 May 2008, 06:18 PM
abbott
Scooby Regular

im voting for none of the highlighted parties.
Old 05 May 2008, 06:22 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie

You have to come to a decision which party will do best for the country. The only thing that will keep them on their toes is the threat of being voted out of power and their sinecures.

Les
Of course a spoiled ballot isn't a wasted vote - It's a "Null vote" which is every bit as valid.

That's precisely why they announce the number of spoiled ballots when announcing the totals - If you had an election where the MP that won had a lesser number of votes than spoiled ballotsm then it is a clear indication that *all* parties need to offer a better choice.

It allows the voter to express that no party adequately reflect that persons views.