Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Bloody hell BT make Virgin look good! *shocker*

Search this Thread

Old 04 March 2008, 01:36 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bloody hell BT make Virgin look good! *shocker*

I moved at the weekend, so had to drop Virgin as my comms provider.

Anyway, rang BT, who told me there wasn't a phone line at the flat, odd cos I had the phone number of the occupants and quoted it to them.

BT addemant that that line isn't there so want to charge me £125 connection charge.

Whilst on the phone I get told, for internet as long as I ring before weds (engineer visit) they can install www at the same time.

Ring today to be told, no they can't and will have to wait 48 hours after my lines installed before ordering, then a further 5 working days for the account to be set up.

Oh and to cap all this off. I walk into the flat on Saturday, plug the phone in and get a dial tone!!! No line my ****!!

To say I'm a little is an under statement.

Virgin on the other hand, gave me a go live date 2 days after I ordered it, and apart from 1 internet drop out, never had a problem, what pished me off with them is they threw their toys out of the pram with Sky.
Old 04 March 2008, 01:40 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Simon C
what pished me off with them is they threw their toys out of the pram with Sky.
Did they ?

Or did Sky want to charge silly amounts for the same channels ?

and then did Virgin setup Virgin one which is On all platforms and thus will attract all the big shows ???
Old 04 March 2008, 01:45 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

As far as I'm concerned yes they did. What was the figure per customer? IIRC about 3 quid a year.

For which I lost most of the programmes I actually watch.

As for V1, whats on it?? Swewet FA I've seen, and like most things on freeview, doesn't transmit 24/7 yet does on a virgin account.

Sorry, V1 ain't no loss to me, I don't watch it.
Old 04 March 2008, 01:50 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

NTL also offer the On Demand service for free, do Sky do this? Ive had nothing but great customer service off NTL/Virgin in the last 4 years Ive had them.
Old 04 March 2008, 01:53 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

BT are ****, to big too keep tabs on everything! Lines of communication are fcuked up, one department doesnt know what the others doing.

If i didnt have to have a bt line for internet and sky i would **** them off tomorrow!

Why does it have to be BT line for sky and adsl connections, thats a monopoly surely?
Old 04 March 2008, 01:54 PM
hectic
Scooby Regular

Strikes Davegtt off buddy list

oh, and yes.. the price WAS held for a couple of years at roughly 3 quid ,and was up for renewal BEFORE Beardie came to the table, so if he had have looked , he would have seen this....

Old 04 March 2008, 01:55 PM
hectic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8WRX
BT are ****, to big too keep tabs on everything! Lines of communication are fcuked up, one department doesnt know what the others doing.

If i didnt have to have a bt line for internet and sky i would **** them off tomorrow!

Why does it have to be BT line for sky and adsl connections, thats a monopoly surely?
Most ops piggyback off BT lines .. only other serious provider is the cable network and they sure as hell wont allow sky to drop on their lines
Old 04 March 2008, 01:58 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

@ Hectic. Murdoch is hardly someone who deserves everyones money either though so you just have to pick a company out of the bag and just hope you get treated better than others
Old 04 March 2008, 02:19 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Originally Posted by hectic
Most ops piggyback off BT lines .. only other serious provider is the cable network and they sure as hell wont allow sky to drop on their lines
You can get sky to install with no bt line, my mate has done it, but it was a ball ache and cost 125 quid!

But why a BT line, surely in the interests of consumers thete should be a choice, not just BT?

Like i said if i didnt HAVE to give them money every month i wouldnt, but cos they know you HAVE to use them as there is no real alternative, they dont care!
Old 04 March 2008, 02:28 PM
hectic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
@ Hectic. Murdoch is hardly someone who deserves everyones money either though so you just have to pick a company out of the bag and just hope you get treated better than others
this is true, but its a game of playground bullies between two kids with equally big egos

Old 04 March 2008, 02:31 PM
hectic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8WRX
You can get sky to install with no bt line, my mate has done it, but it was a ball ache and cost 125 quid!

But why a BT line, surely in the interests of consumers thete should be a choice, not just BT?

Like i said if i didnt HAVE to give them money every month i wouldnt, but cos they know you HAVE to use them as there is no real alternative, they dont care!
I w**k for Sky.. (term used loosely) and have all the kit thrown in as part of my package of renumeration.. but STILL get a quarterly BT bill for 30 odd quid... due to the line rental
Old 04 March 2008, 02:33 PM
hectic
Scooby Regular

Oh, and sky CAN install the TV package as whats known as an INP (install no phoneline) but only on normal and plusd packages at moment and they charge you £25 not £125
Old 04 March 2008, 02:35 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hectic
this is true, but its a game of playground bullies between two kids with equally big egos

In all honesty I dont think Branson actually bothers with VirginMedia !

I think hes passed the getting involved with decisions stage
Old 04 March 2008, 02:47 PM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

BT are terrible, the worst customer service ive ever come across! Made the mistake of having a BT line fitted in my current house. Spent six months and 30+ hours on the phone trying to set up a direct debit, got p***ed off so cancelled the line then got a bill for £135 for cancelling it! Managed to sort it out so i just payed for the calls I'd used, £45 and 'your final bill is in the post'. That was 4 months ago, it still hasn't arrived. This smilie fits perfectly
Old 04 March 2008, 03:14 PM
serega
Scooby Regular

Havent bothered with BT for awhile. You CAN have Sky without a BT line, but you wont be able to watch Sky Box Office movies. Have no phone line at home and have my internet via a local ISP that supplies just our block of houses - so we dont require a BT line for broadband either. Happy Life!
Old 04 March 2008, 03:20 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

My dealings with BT are they are total **** which people working from a check list in India who have no idea about what you're trying to tell them. avoid!
Old 04 March 2008, 03:27 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Wimax - no phone line, no mothly rental for BT - job done