Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Any Product/Graphic designers out there who use Letraset products

Search this Thread

Old 15 December 2007, 02:34 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Product/Graphic designers out there who use Letraset products

I need to get my younger brother a set of these Letraset pens. Hes studying Product Design as Uni and was after some. Decided i might as well buy him some. They are really expenisve but was wondering if anyone knows any place where I can get them a tad cheaper than the rest.

Ideally im wanting to get him a half decent set, not one with just 12 pens in it. Something more like 40 pens+

cheers
Old 15 December 2007, 03:02 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

How about here? I don't know if they're cheaper, because it looks like they're a new line for them, but I've found them really good for other art supplies.

Granthams Search Results
Old 15 December 2007, 05:45 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by oldsplice
How about here? I don't know if they're cheaper, because it looks like they're a new line for them, but I've found them really good for other art supplies.

Granthams Search Results
He thanks for the reply matey. I guess they are all similar in price like a pound or two different from one another. I think I might as well order from them since your the only person thats given me feedback on any of the suppliers out there. 1 good review is better than no reviews
Old 15 December 2007, 06:36 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Matey? I'm a guuurrll!

I buy my oil paints etc from them, and they're always very efficient, and the stuff is well (TOO well!) packed.
Old 16 December 2007, 12:24 AM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Matey? I'm a guuurrll!

I buy my oil paints etc from them, and they're always very efficient, and the stuff is well (TOO well!) packed.
A few things here lol

This is the second time ive made such a mistake, the last was not long ago when I referred to Enigma as a guy. The ignorance of our natural speach huh.

Also another thing, I assumed your name read Old Spice lol

And finally, im sure a gurrrrrrl can be a "matey"

nevertheless, nice site. I remember he mentioned he wanted some pastels too but cant remember the make. I want to give him these as a gift so cant really ask him what they are called. Would you know of any well known pastels?

Cheers "matey"
Old 16 December 2007, 12:38 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

It's ok, I've always been 'one of the boys'. I worked with mostly blokes for years.............when(if!)ever I wore a skirt, I always got the 'Ooooh, look, she's got legs thing!

Anyway................They've got a special offer on Winsor and Newton soft pastels on that website........less than half price! You can't go wrong with them, or Daler-Rowney or Conte.
Old 16 December 2007, 01:14 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

It's ok, I've always been 'one of the boys'. I worked with mostly blokes for years.............when(if!)ever I wore a skirt, I always got the 'Ooooh, look, she's got legs thing!

Anyway................They've got a special offer on Winsor and Newton soft pastels on that website........less than half price! You can't go wrong with them, or Daler-Rowney or Conte.
Hey thanks for the info regarding Pastels, I am clueless when it comes to pastels etc even though I am a graphic designer of sorts myself lol well corporate design to be precise.

I knew of Letraset as ive used Letraset myself in the past but pastels, never. Also out of the ones youve mentioned, which would be best for a Product Designer?
Old 16 December 2007, 01:29 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kilo_4que
Hey thanks for the info regarding Pastels, I am clueless when it comes to pastels etc even though I am a graphic designer of sorts myself lol well corporate design to be precise.

I knew of Letraset as ive used Letraset myself in the past but pastels, never. Also out of the ones youve mentioned, which would be best for a Product Designer?
Haven't got a bloody clue!

The only Letraset stuff I've used was back in the olden days, the sheets of lettering (hence the username of OLDsplice!)

As for pastels, I haven't used them for years.....I'm too messy with those!