Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Well, That Fuel Protest Worried The Government!

Search this Thread

Old 15 December 2007, 02:09 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Well, That Fuel Protest Worried The Government!

20 people, outnumbered by police, a mile away from the refinery ...... no-one cares anymore!
Old 15 December 2007, 02:12 PM
exvaux
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sad but true
Old 15 December 2007, 02:14 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

presume you have read their web blog? its the first of a few, the first one was always going to be completely legal and the way others wanted them to do it. the second one will probably be a lot more like the previous one.

j
Old 15 December 2007, 02:30 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
20 people, outnumbered by police, a mile away from the refinery ...... no-one cares anymore!
Oh how you forget pissy!!!!

if you remember it was your sheepy ex leader who sung the praises & the "rights" of people to protest........................

until the last fuel protest gave him a bloody nose :luxhe llo:

So then what did he do???

the "baby milk factory" whinge lol

and then passed legislation to stop people from doing it again.

Hypocrite (sp) or what

glad he,s gone..... and not long for his side kick either...

what is is now pissy one sleeze or dodgy probe per week

Mart
Old 15 December 2007, 02:31 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

They should name one of the oil refineries mohammed and watch all hell break loose
Old 15 December 2007, 02:51 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Nothing will happen, today, next week, next month ........... basic fact is that the general public are not stupid - they know that the current high prices have nothing whatsoever to do with the Government.

There has been no increase in fuel tax.

At the end of the day we all drive cars that drink a gallon of fuel every 20 or so miles .... some even less, if we really, really, truly cared one jot about the price of fuel we would drive diesels!!

Driving a diesel would have the same effect as not paying ANY tax whatsoever on your fuel bill ............... so, if it mattered, thats what you would do.

Fact is, we are happy to pay whatever it costs ..... some of us are also happy moaning about things.
Old 15 December 2007, 03:25 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Perhaps not as a %age however as income to the Govt it has ... every 1p increase nets them more money via this stealth tax They could of course reduce the %age Pete to make life easier for those that voted them in.

TX.

Old 15 December 2007, 03:31 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

I think I am right in saying that the only tax which increases income for the Government is VAT on fuel?

How can we vary the rate of VAT?

Nah, my point remains valid ...... if people really wanted to pay less for fuel they would buy a more economic car.

A point was made by the news presenter at a blockade at Fowley .. he said that every protester turned up in a big 4x4, which, from my stand point is a pathetic cry for help!! BUY A MICRA if fuel costs hurt so much!!
Old 15 December 2007, 04:19 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Buying a diesel does not relly have much of a 'cost' gain as it is usually4p a litre more than unleadded which counteracts the extra fuel for cost value you would get if they were the same price.

IIRC diesel used to be cheaper than unleaded until some smart ar$e realised they could screw more out of us by puting diesel up as it was becomming a more popular fuel.
Old 15 December 2007, 04:28 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

I thought that tax increased a few months back? Was in September?
Old 15 December 2007, 04:31 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i mate said massive ques were forming up here in newcastle for fuel, probably a usual saturday then
Old 15 December 2007, 04:35 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Just found it....
No increase in tax?????

In 1996 the last year of the Tory Government tax was 42.9 pence per litre, the average tax per litre for 2007 is now 63.7 pence.

Fuel Tax - PetrolPrices.com
Old 15 December 2007, 04:42 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by r32
Just found it....
No increase in tax?????

In 1996 the last year of the Tory Government tax was 42.9 pence per litre, the average tax per litre for 2007 is now 63.7 pence.

Thats the price you pay for world class roads and the best public transport sytem the world has ever seen.......o wait we appear to have neither of those

I guess it goes on buying **** and super strength lager for those that just don't feel like working god bless em
Old 15 December 2007, 04:48 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

It's actually the price you pay for world leading hospitals, for enhanced eduation, for an end to children in poverty, to fuel help for the elderly ...... remember, it's an Optional Tax - you do not have to pay it, or can pay less, or more if you wish ...............
Old 15 December 2007, 04:53 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

+VAT so just above 80% tax. 80p ish tax on every £1 spent on fuel As the oil cost rises so does the Govt return here.

Here's an original idea. Instead of increasing taxes year on year why not waste less of it & keep taxes the same or even reduce them

TX.

Originally Posted by r32
Just found it....
No increase in tax?????

Old 15 December 2007, 05:00 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PaulC72
Buying a diesel does not relly have much of a 'cost' gain as it is usually4p a litre more than unleadded which counteracts the extra fuel for cost value you would get if they were the same price.
EH???

Impreza STi doing 18mpg at 108p per litre (SUPER) - cost per mile = 27.24p

Diesel doing 55mpg at 109p per litre - cost per mile = 9p

Thats a saving of 18p per mile, or, assuming 12,000miles per year - £2160 - roughly the amount you pay in tax on the fuel you use in the Impreza.

The STi uses 3027 Litres to do 12,000 miles ... the tax on this fuel = £2270 - amazingly therefore, driving a diesel would have the very same effect as not paying a penny in tax on your fuel.

So, I would suggest, it is worth buying a diesel if fuel prices worry you enough.
Old 15 December 2007, 05:21 PM
Eddie1980
Scooby Regular

Which is why I do drive a Diesel.....

I just so happen to have some toys in the garage as well.....

However I am still not content with the fact we have the highest diesel prices in Europe!
Old 15 December 2007, 05:33 PM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

........... basic fact is that the general public are not stupid - they know that the current high prices have nothing whatsoever to do with the Government.

You don't mind been had over and will fight for a mere TV but you understand why everyones been had over on fuel. Nice one

Good night, will the last abled person to leave, please turn off the lights
Old 15 December 2007, 05:44 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

It's actually the price you pay for world leading hospitals, for enhanced education, for an end to children in poverty, to fuel help for the elderly ...... remember, it's an Optional Tax - you do not have to pay it, or can pay less, or more if you wish ...............
Pete we don't have world leading hospitals just hospitals which have wards closed because of diseases,we don't have a enhanced education system kids are leaving school who can't read and write and do basic maths.
Old 15 December 2007, 05:52 PM
lordretsudo
Scooby Regular

Fuel duty was increased by 2p in October. Obviously, the high oil price has also led to an additional rise in price.

It's actually the price you pay for world leading hospitals, for enhanced eduation, for an end to children in poverty, to fuel help for the elderly ......
I know you're just winding people up and don't really believe that, but it's still the stupidest thing I've read in ages...
Old 15 December 2007, 05:53 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

EH???

Thats a saving of 18p per mile, or, assuming 12,000miles per year - £2160 - roughly the amount you pay in tax on the fuel you use in the Impreza.

The STi uses 3027 Litres to do 12,000 miles ... the tax on this fuel = £2270 - amazingly therefore, driving a diesel would have the very same effect as not paying a penny in tax on your fuel.

So, I would suggest, it is worth buying a diesel if fuel prices worry you enough.
18 mpg,**** me sideways,are you constantly booting your scoob everywhere you drive..look lets all just buy tractors and put a big exhaust on it with fire spitiing out the tail pipe,CHUGA CHUGA CHUGA
Old 15 December 2007, 06:53 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

I get 30mpg regularly .... so, a diesel wouldn't do wonders for me - but it would certainly save me a lot of money.

Owning an Impreza has a cost, that cost is high in fuel, pay it or don't pay it - simple as.

As I said, it's an OPTIONAL tax ..... if you choose to pay it then why complain about paying it??? Doesn't quite figure ....
Old 15 December 2007, 07:07 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Thumbs down

It's actually the price you pay for world leading hospitals MRSA, for enhanced eduation kids leaving school cannot spell, for an end to children in poverty UK poverty is increasing, to fuel help for the elderly ...... remember, it's an Optional Tax - you do not have to pay it, or can pay less, or more if you wish ...............
Plus

Banks are collapsing, Binmen are refusing to pick up rubbish, Roads are falling into disrepair, Police are drowning in paperwork, Plastic bobbies let children drown due to "Health and Safety" issues, Illegal Immigration is a raging torrent, Benefits fraud is >£50 million a week, English taxpayers subsidise Scottish healthcare / Education etc and get denied the same.

Reminds me of the last time these fcking morons were in power. Leccy Strikes, Dead bodies piling up - unburied.

It is what you get with a beaurocratic govt like New Labia that seem to have a frenzied need to legislate for every minute detail of our lives.

Democracy in UK ?????

Forget it.

AND that boss eyed **** has just signed away another tranch of powers to Brussels.

Fraitorous Tucker

Much more of this and the needle will swing further to the right then any of us REALLY want.
Old 15 December 2007, 07:13 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

My diesel returns 40mpg and is a family sized car so it falls in the same size bracket as the Impreza.

I also think you should compare apple with apples and not pick the impreza as the comparision car you have to use a variable that is more common i.e. the normal car that runs on unleaded otherwise next you will chuck the old artic running at 9mpg and costing 100+ to fill up blah blah rubbish.

Also I am not worried about petrol prices as my allowance covers my fuel {and my wifes} and if all else fails I'll just go company car

Last edited by PaulC72; 15 December 2007 at 07:25 PM.
Old 15 December 2007, 07:22 PM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

EH???

When I got my Impreza sport in 1999, I used to reckon on it costing 10p per mile in fuel (petrol was 59.9p per litre in those days). Only when I got myself a diesel did I get back to 10p per mile fuel costs, if not slightly less. Oh, and being able to do over 500 miles on a tank is nice too
Old 15 December 2007, 07:32 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jods
Plus

Banks are collapsing, Binmen are refusing to pick up rubbish, Roads are falling into disrepair, Police are drowning in paperwork, Plastic bobbies let children drown due to "Health and Safety" issues, Illegal Immigration is a raging torrent, Benefits fraud is >£50 million a week, English taxpayers subsidise Scottish healthcare / Education etc and get denied the same.

Reminds me of the last time these fcking morons were in power. Leccy Strikes, Dead bodies piling up - unburied.

It is what you get with a beaurocratic govt like New Labia that seem to have a frenzied need to legislate for every minute detail of our lives.

Democracy in UK ?????

Forget it.

AND that boss eyed **** has just signed away another tranch of powers to Brussels.

Fraitorous Tucker

Much more of this and the needle will swing further to the right then any of us REALLY want.
Do you work for the Daily Mail?

The picture you paint is somewhat exagerated, sure the country aint perfect, but it's hardly in the state you (or whatever right wing paper you get your info from) claim it is.

Also should I assume that by lowering fuel duty all these problems you claim will be made better?
Old 15 December 2007, 07:45 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

There were no lorry drivers at the fuel depot at Purfleet, Essex, where a demonstration was due to be staged - but there was a protest from a lone pensioner.

Pete was that you ?
Old 15 December 2007, 08:03 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

everyone in Goverment is on ******* DRUGS.im telling you its the conclusion ive come too..there just not living in this world.take Jackie Spliff er i mean smith,what the hell is an ex primary school teacher,doing in charge of home defence..and who gave her the job..Gordon Sprown Brown.maybe we should use reverse psychology.lets tell the goverment that we love paying high fuel costs..then they might lower it.ehh ehh
Old 15 December 2007, 08:31 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

what im secretly hoping is it was a secret ploy to create a false one in order for a mahoosive coont strike shortley

i could only dream, i dont mind walking for a day or two or using a diesel slugger for a week or so if a strikes on. bloody fuel prices are stupid
Old 15 December 2007, 08:40 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Just glad I bought an old oil burner for a few hundred. This week alone I saved£40 in petrol in 6 weeks it wil have paid for itself.

Quick Reply: Well, That Fuel Protest Worried The Government!