Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Hot tubs

Search this Thread

Old 02 December 2007, 01:25 PM
Jer
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot tubs

I have just been over to my local hot tub company and am seriously considering getting one. I was looking at a make called hot spring spas but they seem quite dear (6K) compared what you can get online.
Who has one? do you use it what make should I go for and when is the best time to buy. Am I right thinking if I hold of till January they will be on sale. I have just done a search online and found this SpasDirect2U for half the price I have been looking at. Any advice welcome.
Old 02 December 2007, 04:38 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want to try something simple, you could do worse than spend £250 on a Lazy-spa. Try ebay amongst others. They're an inflatable spa for 3-4 people. I've just bought one and it looks okay. Could be a good move to find out how much you'll use it before you spend thousands.
Old 02 December 2007, 04:47 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

we have a bestway lay z spa, its excellent running costs are a little higher than the more expensive ones but for the initial outlay its well worth it
Old 02 December 2007, 09:04 PM
Trucker Ted
Scooby Regular

We've got a Hot springs tiger river bengal, and its fantastic , we looked at a few manufacturers and although we could get cheaper, we liked the idea of the Hotsprings tubs being fully insulated underneath and also a five year warranty.(we also have a main dealer showroom close by)so were confident about after sales care.

It's been installed for just over a year now witout any problems.Running costs should see your power bill increase by about £30 per month but the relaxation benefits are well worth it

Don't decide until you have wet tested the model your keen on as although you might like the idea of a lounger or a certain style of jet ,they can feel different in the water.

P.s were going in ours shortly with a nice bottle of wine.

Old 02 December 2007, 09:11 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Jer,

Hotsprings have a showroom in the righead industrial estate, i purchased mines from them although i bought it from there showroom at Lanark.
I use mines probably about twice a week, the summer house its located in has a tv & a stereo so i can spend as much time as i want in there.

Old 02 December 2007, 09:18 PM
Cupid Stunt
BANNED

Originally Posted by Trucker Ted

P.s were going in ours shortly with a nice bottle of wine.

Ted thae looks awesome bro.

Enjoy your evening in thae bro n dae nae forget tae take some photos bro

Ameen tae thae n peace oot bro
Old 02 December 2007, 09:38 PM
Jer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sti-04!!
Jer,

Hotsprings have a showroom in the righead industrial estate

It was Righead I was at. They were looking for 5K fitted for the model below Ted's It's called a Sumataran. I think the one like Ted's was 6K but If I wait til Jan I think they will have a sale. Looks nice Ted, Is there a forum for information on these?
Old 03 December 2007, 08:15 PM
Trucker Ted
Scooby Regular

Hi Jer, i used to use whatspa .com ,but the forum was defunct the last time i was there ,although there is a good list of manufacturers.

We wet tested and bought ours off of Maureen down in Righead ,we paid £6k ,we liked the idea of the dealer being so close ,so if anything went wrong we could visit the dealer every weekend and discourage potential customers till it was put right. . However this also works both ways and i can honestly say that we are delighted with ours and had no problems what so ever and the two guys who fitted it also done a great job,so have no reservations about giving them the thumbs up.

p.s , i'm based in Uddingston about 10 mins away from righead ,so if ye want a wee gander at mine to see it in garden surroundings ,feel free to gimme a P.M , yer more than welcome bud.