Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Some people have no shame ...

Search this Thread

Old 05 June 2007, 01:25 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Some people have no shame ...

BBC NEWS | England | Staffordshire | Woman bailed over 'Madeleine con'
Old 05 June 2007, 01:27 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Difficult to believe people can do something like that.

Les
Old 05 June 2007, 01:27 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

It'd be more interesting to find out where all the 10's of thousands being collected by the official fund are going!
Old 05 June 2007, 01:28 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

AFAIK the parents haven't registered a charity for fund raising and as such is it not illegal to be knocking door to door even if you are collecting for them?
Old 05 June 2007, 01:32 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PG
It'd be more interesting to find out where all the 10's of thousands being collected by the official fund are going!
For there extended Holiday, and flights to visit the Pope

Have to say, they don't look (to me) like parents who are anxious to get there daughter back.

To me it looks like they're enjoying the media coverage and the Holiday in the Sun too much.
Old 05 June 2007, 01:53 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Have to say, they don't look (to me) like parents who are anxious to get there daughter back.

To me it looks like they're enjoying the media coverage and the Holiday in the Sun too much.

I've spoken out against the way this has been treated and raised some questions about the parents behaviour recently .......but that's well below the belt IMHO
Old 05 June 2007, 01:57 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

stilover, don't jump on bandwagons, you're reading too much of the wrong papers. You're so way off i don't think you can comprehend the issues here.

Watch the parents on Crimewatch tonight - maybe you can text in and ask them how their tans are coming along
Old 05 June 2007, 01:57 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Difficult to believe people can do something like that.

Les

Is it?

With the amount of scum around today, I find it not suprising at all
Old 05 June 2007, 02:08 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cookstar
the amount of scum around today,
At all levels of society.

How many 'celebs' and politicians have jumped aborad the 'little maddie' bandwagon already to try to advance themselves and their ailing careers? They set the moral benchmark then the monkey sees monkey does types follow on...
Old 05 June 2007, 02:24 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TelBoy
Watch the parents on Crimewatch tonight - maybe you can text in and ask them how their tans are coming along
Good Idea

TBH I did say in my original post that it seems that way to me.

They have said that they are going to stay there until their daughter is returned. They may never find her, and my opinion is, unfortunately, I think she's dead. I hope not.

They can't keep their remaining children away from England forever. They have to go to school. How are they going to survive once the goodwill of donations run out?

Many children go missing every year. Why should these parents not get a fighting fund to spend time away from home visiting other countries or flying off to get a prayer from the Pope?

Other posts have mentioned that people are running out of sympathy for them. Yes, I'm one of them.
Old 05 June 2007, 02:30 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Fair enough - like many people you can't keep being interested in a story that doesn't affect you in any way, that's human nature.

But it's for that VERY reason that they're trying to do whatever it takes to keep the story in the headlines, or else you me and eveyone else would have forgotten about it by now. As i've said before, it's SO easy to be cynical and see it as some publicity machine. You're not in their position, you can't possibly imagine what they're going through, self-inflicted though it might have been. I'll tell you what, if you put £1 billion pounds on the table OR the ability to get their daughter back, i'm 100% certain they'd take their daughter, not the money. Which sort of makes these claims of fame hunting pretty meaningless, in my opinion.
Old 05 June 2007, 02:49 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by TelBoy
Fair enough - like many people you can't keep being interested in a story that doesn't affect you in any way, that's human nature.

But it's for that VERY reason that they're trying to do whatever it takes to keep the story in the headlines, or else you me and eveyone else would have forgotten about it by now. As i've said before, it's SO easy to be cynical and see it as some publicity machine. You're not in their position, you can't possibly imagine what they're going through, self-inflicted though it might have been. I'll tell you what, if you put £1 billion pounds on the table OR the ability to get their daughter back, i'm 100% certain they'd take their daughter, not the money. Which sort of makes these claims of fame hunting pretty meaningless, in my opinion.
Take the money you can always make new kids
Old 06 June 2007, 04:06 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cookstar
Is it?

With the amount of scum around today, I find it not suprising at all
Must be the way I was brought up then

I think it is unfair to start accusing the parents of using the occasion to make money for themselves. There is no evidence of that. Their fault of irresponsible behaviour in the first place yes, but not that.

Les