Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

If only we had the balls....

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2007, 04:56 PM
Taff107
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If only we had the *****....

Just received this in an email and if it is true as snopes suggests, I reckon we should try and follow their lead,

Quote:
Here is something for Americans , Canadians & English to think about:
Excerpts from an on going debate inAustralia.
This is true and can be checked at
http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/australia.asp

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.
A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia and her Queen at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his Ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown. Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state, and its laws were made by parliament. "If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you", he said on National Television.

"I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people inAustralia: one the Australian law and another Islamic law that is false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option", Costello said.

Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other country. Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should "clear off. Basically people who don't want to be Australians, and who don't want, to live by Australian values and understand them, well then, they can basically clear off", he said.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.
Quote: "IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians."

"However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the 'politically correct' crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia." "However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand." "This idea of Australia being a multi-cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. And as Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle."
"This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom"

"We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society .. Learn the language!"
"Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture."
"We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us."
"If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like "A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. By all means, keep your culture, but do not force it on others.
"This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,
'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'."

"If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted."

No doubt, some of the usual idiots on here will try and brand me as racist for posting this, but if the cap fits...............
Old 06 April 2007, 05:45 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Have to say I agree with that. There was a case in Toronto in a last few years where they were trying to introduce Sharia law and it was rejected on the grounds there is already one law of the land and there is no need for another.

I would like to think the UK would take this kind of approach, there is one law of the land, follow it or leave. Very simple and very clear. Intergrate with the country you live in or leave, do not try and make the country bend to your laws, you should bend to theirs, if you cannot or do not wish to, then leave.

Guess you better brand me a racist too

Last edited by Markus; 06 April 2007 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06 April 2007, 05:50 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Markus
Have to say I agree with that.
Me too.

Getting a bit fed up with all the bulls**t about offending people all the time.
Old 06 April 2007, 05:51 PM
G-STAR
Scooby Regular

I'm 100% behind that - as the title suggests, 'if only'.

Add me to the collective.
Old 06 April 2007, 05:51 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Yes, and me. It all makes perfect sense and is the right aproach
Old 06 April 2007, 05:56 PM
collierm
Scooby Regular

I fully support that. Add me to the racist list I suppose!!
Old 06 April 2007, 06:05 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I think you'll find a lot of people who agree with the comments but won't speak up for fear of being branded, and it's going to be the majority of people unfortunately and it's probably for this reason that this won't happen in the UK.

It's not calling for people to pick up arms against those who oppose our law, it's calling for people to integrate with our existing culture and not try and change the existing culture. Oh, but it's singling out those who want sharia law, so that's very naughty and cannot be allowed because we've all got to get alone with each other. Yes, we should all get along with each other, but not to the extent where the existing laws have to be changed or supplemented to appease others.
Old 06 April 2007, 06:10 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

i would understand their point of view if they themselves admit australia isnt their country and also if they had given rights tae the aboriginal people and didnt steal their land and enslave them

and regarding shariah, thats for a muslim state not the western world unless the west converted tae islam, then its is fine but if it isnt, u cant

u should read a book by an awesome aussie called john pilger

its called new rulers of the world and theirs a chapter on aussies and aborigines, if u r a human it will make u cry doesnt matter whit colour u are

but hey nae worries under 100 yrs aussies will be muslims i believe

oor brothers and sisters in islam by nature , by Gods will

its the law of God whoever hates or scapegoats islam their progeny become muslims

i swear thats true
Old 06 April 2007, 06:14 PM
Taff107
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moses
but hey nae worries under 100 yrs aussies will be muslims i believe

oor brothers and sisters in islam by nature , by Gods will

its the law of God whoever hates or scapegoats islam their progeny become muslims

i swear thats true
....and that is the attitude which makes Muslims so endearing
Old 06 April 2007, 06:14 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Markus
I think you'll find a lot of people who agree with the comments but won't speak up for fear of being branded, and it's going to be the majority of people unfortunately and it's probably for this reason that this won't happen in the UK.

It's not calling for people to pick up arms against those who oppose our law, it's calling for people to integrate with our existing culture and not try and change the existing culture. Oh, but it's singling out those who want sharia law, so that's very naughty and cannot be allowed because we've all got to get alone with each other. Yes, we should all get along with each other, but not to the extent where the existing laws have to be changed or supplemented to appease others.

mate i agree u cant impose a shariah law in a western country, first of all the muslims should get the muslim countries in order and practice justice and get rid of corruption and evils in the muslim countries and set an example so others will take heed

but shariah law is cool, i will pm u something an old prime minister of australia said aboot the shariah, he meant the true shariah

very good, he woz the best ever leader aussies ever had, i forgot his name, but i have a talk on him

a few yrs back a muslim scholar a texan called sheikh yusuf estes debated wae aussie priests and ministers and this ex pm woz their, very good man, he shocked everyone and he also did a speech in the islamic conference in denmark last yr after the cartoon affair
Old 06 April 2007, 06:18 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Taff107
....and that is the attitude which makes Muslims so endearing
oh blighty

i will let yer thread stay on track

hey i only told the truth

peace

yer name reminds me of a place called taif in arabia

the prophet of islam peace be upon him went their like jesus used tae, tae call the people and tell them tae leave their evil ways and idolatary, the people sent their kids tae stone him and blood woz pouring down and he woz asked the village if he wants will be crushed between the mountains if he wants

he said oh lord, all this doesnt matter , whit matters is u r happy wae me and i please u, this blood and struggle and hurt doesnt matter , he said something like that, but he also asked God tae bring forth muslim progeny from the enemies of who hate islam and oppress muslims and persecute them

lol thats whit happened, they all became muslims
Old 06 April 2007, 09:10 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.

the top post is spot on.so add me to the list.but not worry good old tony/gordon will never let this happen
Old 06 April 2007, 09:44 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

i would understand their point of view if they themselves admit australia isnt their country and also if they had given rights tae the aboriginal people and didnt steal their land and enslave them

Very True.
Old 06 April 2007, 09:47 PM
STENTOR
Scooby Newbie

WAT DOSE WIT AND TAE AND WAE MEAN??
Old 06 April 2007, 09:49 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STENTOR
I means TURN YAE FECKIN CAPS OFF.
Old 06 April 2007, 10:00 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STENTOR

Tae - "to", "too" or "toe" (LOL !)

Wae and wit - both "with", I reckon !

Should we start compiling a dictionary ?!
Old 06 April 2007, 10:50 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Would be great if we actually had a political party that was both moderate and prepared to say that. They would get so much support it would be untrue...

...well until all the other parties realised it was the in thing and all swung that way too That is how politics is in this country. Its not about standing up for what they believe in, its about presenting a face/policies that will get them into power. Just as simple as that
Old 06 April 2007, 11:38 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

u know i feel so gutted, i typed a massive post for here and it woz so nice explaining it all and the screen froze up , it took me ages tae type

i feel so gutted so didnt wanna type it again lol

i had this prob for a couple of weeks, i did a virus check and adware check it didnt find any viruse and the adwares get deleted

why does the explorer freeze suddenly

cheers

lads i found the texan sheikhs review on the aussie talks if anyone wants it i will post it otherwise i wont, coz they get vaped
Old 06 April 2007, 11:42 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

u know i feel so gutted, i typed a massive post for here and it woz so nice explaining it all and the screen froze up , it took me ages tae type

i feel so gutted so didnt wanna type it again lol

i had this prob for a couple of weeks, i did a virus check and adware check it didnt find any viruse and the adwares get deleted

why does the explorer freeze suddenly

cheers

lads i found the texan sheikhs review on the aussie talks if anyone wants it i will post it otherwise i wont, coz they get vaped

There you go, moses. Even t'internet ITSELF is pissed off with your interminable drivel. It's deleting it at source.
Old 06 April 2007, 11:48 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Bubba po
There you go, moses. Even t'internet ITSELF is pissed off with your interminable drivel. It's deleting it at source.
lol not at all, just a prob i have had wae the net recently lol
Old 07 April 2007, 01:22 AM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Totally agree with that - I think you would be hard pushed to find many people who don't.

Don't want to learn/speak English, abide by our traditions, our customs and our laws? Don't come here.
Old 07 April 2007, 01:45 AM
munna
Scooby Regular

Cool

wrong...wrong...

So Just because 'they' do not want to learn 'our' language,therefor they should not come over here?!...what has that got to do with Sharia law?..

This thread could go on for ages,but we all know that there is always going to be runts in every corner of any given religion,so its nothing to do with being racist,to bring stability in any nation,laws are created to be abided by...But for one religion to stand up and say..."Bullsh*t it happens this way,bollocks to your law",That is where the buck stops and intervention is required.

I say create a new island(Not to disimilar to Australia!)and bloody send them there(not all of them just the ones who want social seclusion from the law of the land!)

I am a muslim by the way...so yes i too am a racist!!all be it one that has a surname of Ali....(Work that one out!!)
Old 07 April 2007, 01:50 AM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Nice reply. Mohammed.