UFC 68 : The Uprising

Search this Thread

Old 04 March 2007, 05:10 PM
Terzo 333
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up UFC 68 : The Uprising

Heads Up : UFC 68 tonight 9pm on Bravo

Couture vs Tim Slyvia - my prediction - Couture will get knocked out by Slyvia...
Old 04 March 2007, 05:16 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Cheers forgot about this

Couture going back up a weight class
Probably will lose but would be nice to knock some smugness off Slyvia
Old 04 March 2007, 05:29 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Terzo 333
Heads Up : UFC 68 tonight 9pm on Bravo

Couture vs Tim Slyvia - my prediction - Couture will get knocked out by Slyvia...
sylvia is tuff, very tuff but a ***** compared tae the king of the world fedor emelionko fae pride fc, he rules
Old 04 March 2007, 10:58 PM
Lee-B STi Type UK
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Just saw this thread, turned over and couture is walking to the octagon, he's wearing some funky t-shirt too...

Great timing, Cheers for the heads up.

Lee
Old 04 March 2007, 11:09 PM
leonpoole
Scooby Regular

well done Randy
Old 04 March 2007, 11:20 PM
Lee-B STi Type UK
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

First punch of the fight and couture almost finished it!

Round 3

Lee
Old 04 March 2007, 11:21 PM
rooferman
Scooby Regular

Hope the 'Natural'....nails sylvia..well hes doing a good job so far.
Old 04 March 2007, 11:42 PM
Lee-B STi Type UK
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Randy's done it.

Not bad for a 43 year old guy....

I always keep an eye out for his and Liddell's fights

Lee
Old 04 March 2007, 11:46 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Lee-B STi Type UK
Randy's done it.

Not bad for a 43 year old guy....

I always keep an eye out for his and Liddell's fights

Lee

guy rocks, i remember when the legend randy taught tito ortiz a lesson lol u mind the *** spanking he did for the camera and tae humiliate his arrogance

brilliant
Old 05 March 2007, 12:51 AM
slagmagnet69
Scooby Regular

UNBELIEVBLE....So glad Randy kicked his a$$ and made history. Must admit I doubted him but so glad he proved me wrong. YEEEHAAAA!!!!
Old 05 March 2007, 06:44 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Glad someone showed Sylvia up to be the one sided fighter we all knew he was. He got lucky with arlovski who then took the 2nd 3rd fight too soon. Im still thinking Brandon Vera is gonna be a force to be reckoned with.

Si
Old 05 March 2007, 07:48 PM
Terzo 333
Scooby Regular

Well done Randy

He certainly proved me wrong, Slyvia was totally outclassed, he didn't have an answer for anything, and what a start to the fight

Assuming Cro Cop wins at UFC 70, I don't think Couture would stand a chance against him...
Old 05 March 2007, 08:33 PM
Mr Bat
Scooby Regular

What a fight, Randy is a legend !

Silvia is/was so completely awful to watch.
Old 06 March 2007, 10:56 AM
super_si
Scooby Regular

awesome fight that was! Couldnt believe it! UFC 70 looks a good one too!

S
Old 06 March 2007, 12:06 PM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

I didnt enjoy the fight much, and why was Randy given a title shot straight away? he didnt retire as champion so should have had to do 3 or 4 fights before earning a title shot.

It was a marketing act by Dana White, he knew he would sell lots of tickets by getting Randy to fight again, and if he'd had to work his way up the ranks he'd never have made it (there are a few heavyweights that wouldve knocked him out).

Randy saw the heavyweight champ was an easy victory for him (or at least a possible victory) and got the deal to return to fight immediately for the title so didnt have to face the Arlovski's or Cro Cops, just some lumbering boring heavyweight who has very little skill.

I want to see him face some real talent, he'll be destoyed, unfotunately the HW division doesnt have massive depth of talent so Dana will probably cushion Randy for a while putting him against some no hopers, but when he faces Arlovski or Cro Cop he's a dead man.
Old 06 March 2007, 03:13 PM
Terzo 333
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by SideShowBob
I didnt enjoy the fight much, and why was Randy given a title shot straight away? he didnt retire as champion so should have had to do 3 or 4 fights before earning a title shot.

It was a marketing act by Dana White, he knew he would sell lots of tickets by getting Randy to fight again, and if he'd had to work his way up the ranks he'd never have made it (there are a few heavyweights that wouldve knocked him out).

Randy saw the heavyweight champ was an easy victory for him (or at least a possible victory) and got the deal to return to fight immediately for the title so didnt have to face the Arlovski's or Cro Cops, just some lumbering boring heavyweight who has very little skill.

I want to see him face some real talent, he'll be destoyed, unfotunately the HW division doesnt have massive depth of talent so Dana will probably cushion Randy for a while putting him against some no hopers, but when he faces Arlovski or Cro Cop he's a dead man.
Totally agree, how he could get a title shot just like that is a bit fishy. If I was a heavyweight at the top of the ladder I'd be p1ssed that he's walked straight back into UFC and into a title shot.

With all due respect to Couture, as you say, when he meets some serious competition (Cro Cop for example) it'll be all over in one round me thinks
Old 06 March 2007, 05:04 PM
rik1471
Scooby Regular

For all the non belivers above me I have one thing to say:

NEVER COUNT RANDY OUT

That is all.
Old 06 March 2007, 06:45 PM
RichardS2005
Scooby Regular

Yeah he did look a world away from his last bout....however I don't think he will be able to man handle some of the more athletic oponents -although it was impressive the way he threw Silvia around at time.

I wish I had got tickets for Manchester now - they only have the £200 ones left and my missus isn't too impressed with me spending that much on it! Anyone used any of the ebay touts with success?
Old 06 March 2007, 07:07 PM
slagmagnet69
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SideShowBob

You may have a point with regards to Randy facing other fighters such as Krocop but dont take anything away from the talent's of Randy, you have to admit he exposed Silvia for the limited fighter he really is.

Lets just say he is more worthy of being the Heavyweight champ than Silvia is/was.

p.s. The last time I saw Krocop he said he was not yet ready for a title shot so I feel you are a little unfair on Dana and Randy with the above comments.
Old 06 March 2007, 07:10 PM
Terzo 333
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by slagmagnet69
You may have a point with regards to Randy facing other fighters such as Krocop but dont take anything away from the talent's of Randy, you have to admit he exposed Silvia for the limited fighter he really is.

Lets just say he is more worthy of being the Heavyweight champ than Silvia is/was.

p.s. The last time I saw Krocop he said he was not yet ready for a title shot so I feel you are a little unfair on Dana and Randy with the above comments.
Cro Cop
Old 06 March 2007, 07:14 PM
slagmagnet69
Scooby Regular

Woteva
Old 06 March 2007, 07:23 PM
POC
Scooby Regular

I for one thought it was a superb performance, I too have never been a fan of sylvia and agree with comments about him being very one sided......and as for him saying after the fight that he was injured

Randy once again impressed me, he had improved his standup and dominated on the ground as usual. I would love to see him fight crocop, personaly I think he is still a contender

Have all the tickets really gone for UFC70? I was about to go buy some too!
Old 06 March 2007, 08:14 PM
JayPSC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by POC
I for one thought it was a superb performance, I too have never been a fan of sylvia and agree with comments about him being very one sided......and as for him saying after the fight that he was injured

Randy once again impressed me, he had improved his standup and dominated on the ground as usual. I would love to see him fight crocop, personaly I think he is still a contender

Have all the tickets really gone for UFC70? I was about to go buy some too!
All the decent tickets sold within 2 days, all of them are now on ebay at stupidly inflated prices

All that's left is, as said the £200 ones & I'm not paying that much to be in the middle tier.
Old 06 March 2007, 11:46 PM
leonpoole
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JayPSC

All that's left is, as said the £200 ones & I'm not paying that much to be in the middle tier.
Do it.
Me and a mate got some expensive tickets, £250 each. You'll probably think im mad paying this much but it's not everyday you get to go and see something like this. It'll probably be the only time i ever see it so i thought what the hell.
Thats how i justify it to myself anyway
Old 07 March 2007, 07:45 AM
Terzo 333
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by leonpoole
Do it.
Me and a mate got some expensive tickets, £250 each. You'll probably think im mad paying this much but it's not everyday you get to go and see something like this. It'll probably be the only time i ever see it so i thought what the hell.
Thats how i justify it to myself anyway
Ditto (But I only spent a pathetic £100 / ticket )
Old 07 March 2007, 10:07 AM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

Not sure when you saw Cro Cop fight last to determine he's not ready to take on Randy Couture? That's got to be a joke?
I honestly believe that had he fought Randy he would have beaten him convincingly and hurt him pretty badly (round 1). He's a different class of fighter alltogether.

I know Randy looked good against Timmy, but he's hardly a cutting edge fighter, and look what happened when Randy fought Liddell!! dont count him out? the ref did.

Cro Cop is arguably a better stand up (and ground) fighter than Liddell, so it would be pretty good fun to watch Cro Cop put his left leg through Randy's head when he tries to come in for a slow mo take down.

Randy's new blonde floozy could've taken Tim down. He has limited stand up (complete with a crappy guard), no ground ability, and no take down defense, so Randy looked good against him, big deal, lets see him fight some guys with massive amounts of speed, excellent take down defenses, and good ground games, Randy will look completely outclassed, he hasnt improved in years.

This whole deal is to fill Dana's coffers a little more. Randy didnt earn a title shot, and now Dana will put him up against some average fighters to build some hype, but as soon as he gets to anyone decent (hopefully goes against Arlovski soon) he'll be drinking hospital food through a straw.