moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very good article on mortars the usa found

Another Day in the Empire

a good read and lol made me laff, makes sense though

specially this part

"If you guessed the date, you win a Cupie doll. For some reason the geniuses at the Pentagon have failed to explain why the Iranians used a date from the Christian Gregorian calendar and not one from the Islamic Persian calendar. According to the Muslim calendar, the date stenciled on this mortar shell should read 1427, not 2006. And why did Iran, a country speaking and writing in Persian, a language written in a version of the Arabic script, decide to label their shells in English? Maybe they thought it would fool the infidels?"
Old 14 February 2007, 11:33 AM
cottonfoo
Scooby Regular

Err, that's not very good, it's "****". Also there is an immediate retraction.
Old 14 February 2007, 11:48 AM
TonyG
Scooby Regular

Location: The dark side of the Sun and owner of 2 fairy tokens

Seems to me that if you're manufacturing something like this, there's always the possibility of selling them to other third parties. For that, you'd have to mark them in an internationally-recognised way, so marking them as manufactured in 1427 isn't likely to go down well with prospective purchasers ("it's HOW OLD?"). Also, 'MM' is a SI standard measurement common to the whole world. Ditto 'HE' for High Explosive. The average grunt in the field of another country isn't likely to be able to recognise Persian characters either.
Old 14 February 2007, 11:56 AM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by TonyG
Seems to me that if you're manufacturing something like this, there's always the possibility of selling them to other third parties. For that, you'd have to mark them in an internationally-recognised way, so marking them as manufactured in 1427 isn't likely to go down well with prospective purchasers ("it's HOW OLD?"). Also, 'MM' is a SI standard measurement common to the whole world. Ditto 'HE' for High Explosive. The average grunt in the field of another country isn't likely to be able to recognise Persian characters either.

good info dude, i didnt know iran sells them abroad all i knew woz they support hezbollah wae weapons and it seems maybe the jews passed on the mortars and rockets that landed on their heads tae the americans tae plant the iranians

u do know dont u, the zionist jews pushed the war on iraq and as did the neocons for oil and also same culprits r pushing for a war on iran and they tried it against hezbollah and failed
Old 14 February 2007, 12:07 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Seems to me that if you're manufacturing something like this, there's always the possibility of selling them to other third parties.
Don't forget this is Iran we're talking about, a strict Muslim state - do you think they'd sell arms to Western nations ? If these shells were made by Iran I would've thought there'd be at least some Arabic writing on them
Old 14 February 2007, 12:19 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Red face

Originally Posted by moses
good info dude, i didnt know iran sells them abroad all i knew woz they support hezbollah wae weapons and it seems maybe the jews passed on the mortars and rockets that landed on their heads tae the americans tae plant the iranians

u do know dont u, the zionist jews pushed the war on iraq and as did the neocons for oil and also same culprits r pushing for a war on iran and they tried it against hezbollah and failed
Actually Moses I'm begging to differ with you there mate

It is documented that both Saudi Arabia and Israel wanted Saddam Hussein left in place, because of the relative stability he brought to the region, and because they could see what the dumb-assed Yanks couldn't

Namely that whilst the Americans have never had a viable plan for filling the vacuum that would be left if Saddam was removed, the Iranians always have
Old 14 February 2007, 12:32 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moses
Another Day in the Empire

a good read and lol made me laff, makes sense though

specially this part

"If you guessed the date, you win a Cupie doll. For some reason the geniuses at the Pentagon have failed to explain why the Iranians used a date from the Christian Gregorian calendar and not one from the Islamic Persian calendar. According to the Muslim calendar, the date stenciled on this mortar shell should read 1427, not 2006. And why did Iran, a country speaking and writing in Persian, a language written in a version of the Arabic script, decide to label their shells in English? Maybe they thought it would fool the infidels?"

So Moses, you reckon that the Shias in Iran would not supply arms to their Shia comrades involved in the conflict against both the US and their Sunni countrymen ? If so, I too would have to beg to differ !
Old 14 February 2007, 12:45 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
Actually Moses I'm begging to differ with you there mate

It is documented that both Saudi Arabia and Israel wanted Saddam Hussein left in place, because of the relative stability he brought to the region, and because they could see what the dumb-assed Yanks couldn't

Namely that whilst the Americans have never had a viable plan for filling the vacuum that would be left if Saddam was removed, the Iranians always have
sorry tae say mate saudi's didnt want him oot but the israeli;'s did, trust me

most know that and they wanted the only country who could fight a lil oot of the way of their global domination, see israel and zionists use others as proxy for their evil wars.
Old 14 February 2007, 12:48 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx
So Moses, you reckon that the Shias in Iran would not supply arms to their Shia comrades involved in the conflict against both the US and their Sunni countrymen ? If so, I too would have to beg to differ !
yeah of course they would initially tae fight against the sunni insurgency as does saudi and kuwaiti's and americans who armed sunni insurgents tae begin wae and train them tae take on the shia insurgency , americans may have not been directly involved but their allies sure where and knew of it and also king abdullah of saudi corrupt arabia said if the americans pulled oot , they saudi's would arm and fund the sunni insurgency

see its all a game, they want sunni and shia tae fight and slaughter each other so they wont unite and fight the evil invaders of the west

u get my drift

first the americans allied themselves wae the shia so they can get help and invade iraq and now coz of their error they have made shia's more powerful and now they wanna play games by making sunni and wahabi;s hate the shia and attack iran and as u know they sent many a weapon tae israel tae finish aff hezbollah, but they failed

God bless the mujahideen among the sunni, wahabi and shia

i personally dont believe in sects, its anti islamic and nothing tae dae wae islam, their r no sects in islam at all
Old 14 February 2007, 12:50 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by MJW
Don't forget this is Iran we're talking about, a strict Muslim state - do you think they'd sell arms to Western nations ? If these shells were made by Iran I would've thought there'd be at least some Arabic writing on them
nice post i thought the same i thought they only used tae arm hezbollah before the iraq war etc

and no one else
Old 14 February 2007, 01:02 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Why are you writing in scottish all of a sudden?
astraboy.
Old 14 February 2007, 01:17 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by astraboy
Why are you writing in scottish all of a sudden?
astraboy.
this is how i used tae speak and then no one understood me and i spoke my other way withoot coma's and fullstops and no one understood that either and woz worse

so i go back tae my original style

go back tae 2002 and see my posts lol
Old 14 February 2007, 01:18 PM
cottonfoo
Scooby Regular

Isn't it harder to put the effort in to write that way, as opposed to normally?
Old 14 February 2007, 01:21 PM
Norman D. Landing
Scooby Regular

Hey, heres an idea, why not write like a retard for a style all of your own, oh, wait a minute, you already do.
Old 14 February 2007, 01:23 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by cottonfoo
Isn't it harder to put the effort in to write that way, as opposed to normally?
its hard dude, very hard i swear

see i never ever used tae write wae comma's and fullstops at school and woz always in trouble

when it comes tae typing and writing im that kind of dyslexic lol but my words r fine when i speak its only when i type or write
Old 14 February 2007, 01:24 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Norman D. Landing
Hey, heres an idea, why not write like a retard for a style all of your own, oh, wait a minute, you already do.

lol cheers
Old 14 February 2007, 01:45 PM
TonyG
Scooby Regular

Location: The dark side of the Sun and owner of 2 fairy tokens

Originally Posted by MJW
But not all Muslim states speak Arabic. There's plenty of places to sell arms that are not part of the West - the whole of Africa, most of the Middle East, parts of Indonesia...
I'm not making any judgements on where the shells actually originated, just making an observation.
Old 14 February 2007, 02:01 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

But not all Muslim states speak Arabic. There's plenty of places to sell arms that are not part of the West - the whole of Africa, most of the Middle East, parts of Indonesia...
I'm not making any judgements on where the shells actually originated, just making an observation.
what u r saying makes sense but iran has been known not tae be an arms dealer most of their arms come fae russia

and also their economy only really relies on oil otherwise its ****