Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Envy and social discontent ...

Search this Thread

Old 11 February 2007, 09:44 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hutton_d
The sooner this lot are out the better ...

Dave
This statement always makes me laugh when I read it on here.

To be replaced by what exactly? The only other supposedly electable party are currently a joke with a leader who would rather pander to the whims of the green fraternity than state one single genuine policy on something that matters.

Look at road charging for instance. The government are working towards taxing us even more for using the roads without providing a single credible alternative that could actually solve the issue of our congested roads. If ever there was a gilt edged opportunity for an opposition party to gain masses of votes by saying "we agree there is a problem, but taxation is not the solution, here is what we propose ..." this is it so what do Cameron's mob do? Issue a statement saying "we are in broad agreement with the idea of charging drivers to use the roads like this, it has worked very well in the Midlands with the M6 toll road" Oh dear and the fact they can't see the M6 toll road is nothing to do with blanket charging is even more worrying

In 1997 I heard lots of people saing we need this lot (the Tories) out, look what happened within 10 years.

I want rid of this government as much as the next man, but blind faith in what comes next is what got us into this mess. The truly worrying thing is not the current government, but the fact there is no other party worth voting for either.

Last edited by f1_fan; 11 February 2007 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11 February 2007, 11:57 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Only problem is, when any other party from NL proposes a sensible policy which is worthwhile, then after a short time NL will suddenly adopt that policy as though it was theirs. Or more accurately, they will say they will adopt it but in fact hardly anything of any use to us ever happens!

Not surprising that the Conservatives are loth to come out with their policies until a general election!

I do not know how to take the turquoise chameleon myself yet, but the load of incompetent and lying clowns that we have need to be on the skids as soon as possible. We know how bad they are.

Les
Old 11 February 2007, 12:25 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

The thing is though Les this isn't a game, this is all of our futures we are talking about. Labour have treated much of their three terms as a political game in many ways as did much of the previous Tory administration. The time has come for someone to stand up and stop 'trying to get elected' or 'hide policies in case the oposition adopt them' and just do what is right for the good of the electorate and if they fail because the electorate might not like a few short term hardships to sort out the long term good then at least they can honestly say they tried.

I, for one, am sick and tired of things like public transport, the NHS and education being used as politicial footballs in a world of petty point scoring that has no place in something as serious as governing the country.
Old 11 February 2007, 12:25 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.

Originally Posted by f1_fan
This statement always makes me laugh when I read it on here.

To be replaced by what exactly? The only other supposedly electable party are currently a joke with a leader who would rather pander to the whims of the green fraternity than state one single genuine policy on something that matters.

Look at road charging for instance. The government are working towards taxing us even more for using the roads without providing a single credible alternative that could actually solve the issue of our congested roads. If ever there was a gilt edged opportunity for an opposition party to gain masses of votes by saying "we agree there is a problem, but taxation is not the solution, here is what we propose ..." this is it so what do Cameron's mob do? Issue a statement saying "we are in broad agreement with the idea of charging drivers to use the roads like this, it has worked very well in the Midlands with the M6 toll road" Oh dear and the fact they can't see the M6 toll road is nothing to do with blanket charging is even more worrying

In 1997 I heard lots of people saing we need this lot (the Tories) out, look what happened within 10 years.

I want rid of this government as much as the next man, but blind faith in what comes next is what got us into this mess. The truly worrying thing is not the current government, but the fact there is no other party worth voting for either.
i agree totally and it not likely to get any better.they're all lieing greedy batsrads who are only worrred about lining their own pockets.and it does'nt matter which party they are all the same
Old 11 February 2007, 12:26 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Unfortunately all the three main parties are after the same bit of middle ground now. There's very little difference between the parties now. If you look around there are several areas the Conservatives should be beating Labour up about. The massive waste of the NHS, crap transport policy with a worsening outlook, pensions black hole to name a few of the crisis areas that need addressing. The tax and spend feast has got to come to an end. Yet where are the right of centre policies for tackling all this? All I can see in the papers today is Cameron on about smoking some weed behind the bike sheds, it's pathetic.

Even though econonomically over the past decade we have been in good stead (if you believe the figures) I've never known such a time when everyone seems so pissed off with their lot. Human rights legislation, the compensation culture and the PC attitude of officialdom is ruining this country. Everyday you hear pathetic snivveling stories relating to all of these three areas. Ban this, ban that, nanny them coddle them, spoon feed us all.

Now the envy displayed to the one good thing that has evolved into a runaway success story, the City.

Great Britian? You're having a bloody laugh.
Old 11 February 2007, 05:04 PM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

OK, so the city types are being awarded £8bn in bonuses.. but aren't they taxed on it ? Doesn't that go towards the needy/charity cases ?

This government is just like Animal Farm, fat pigs who got into power by complaining about the capitalism of the Tories.. only to be worse themselves.. Prescott very pig like too
Old 12 February 2007, 12:18 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Yes, I saw a quote the other day saying they already pay 40% tax. I'd imagine some of those earning massive bonuses don't pay any tax due to loopholes and clever accountants though.
Old 12 February 2007, 12:21 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DavidBrown
This government is just like Animal Farm, fat pigs who got into power by complaining about the capitalism of the Tories.. only to be worse themselves.. Prescott very pig like too
Four jags good... two jags baaaaaad....
Old 12 February 2007, 12:57 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
The thing is though Les this isn't a game, this is all of our futures we are talking about. Labour have treated much of their three terms as a political game in many ways as did much of the previous Tory administration. The time has come for someone to stand up and stop 'trying to get elected' or 'hide policies in case the oposition adopt them' and just do what is right for the good of the electorate and if they fail because the electorate might not like a few short term hardships to sort out the long term good then at least they can honestly say they tried.

I, for one, am sick and tired of things like public transport, the NHS and education being used as politicial footballs in a world of petty point scoring that has no place in something as serious as governing the country.
I don't disagree with what you are saying f1 fan, running the country should never be treated as a game but should be done with the good of the people of the country in mind of course. This has been ignored for a long time now and with the present crop of professional politicians, will only get worse.

I agree that more should be made of the dreadful policies and underhand behaviour of our present leaders and they should be taken apart publicly in the House and in the media. They are just doing what they like now without recourse to proper debate.

Les