Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Why bother working - live off the state?

Search this Thread

Old 11 December 2006, 04:38 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Why bother working - live off the state?

Why bother working for a living?

I'm not sure who has it right you know. My partner and I both work and although we have the scoob and a house (albeit mortgaged) we don't have very much "spendo" money.

I know those that don't work and have no intention of working. They are ill but I would be tempted to suggest the diet of **** and alcohol haven't helped.

They go on holiday abroad whenever they please. Year before last they went abroad at least 4 times. Woke up one morning and decided to go to spain for a week, left that afternoon.

They have a house they don't pay for (or very little for). They had a new driveway, new double glazing and new stone cladding all on the state to modernise the houses.

And because she has a bad back, they've just had a new downstairs washroom fitted at about £18,000 and I think theres VAT on that too - all on the state.

Now tell me, who has it wrong?

Another point as to should you really waste your time "playing fair"

Bankruptcy is on the increase? Why not if its no cards for 12 months and hard to get a mortage or loan you have no intention of paying anyway?

Your on benefits, you can still get cards and store cards. Still get "Provi" loans at a billion percent. Still order from a catalogue.

Build a healty debt and when no one will give you any more money, just declare yourself bankrupt.

What difference does it make?

Mortgage - no intention of working so that doesn't matter
Loan - same as above. Still get them at higher % but hey just go bankrupt again.

Who has it wrong eh?

Benefit family with 4 kids. Who cares, lets have another and get some more benefits. Eldest passes 18, goes on benefit. Lets have another and keep that gravy train coming.

Well, its sucks and as soon as I can decide which country I want to emigrate to, I'm off.

This country is a mess.

ahhh, much better
Old 11 December 2006, 04:49 PM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice, one things always puzzled me, everytime, and i mean everytime I go in my local the same bunch of wasters are sitting there drinking, how on earth do they afford it on the dole.................answers on a postcard please
Old 11 December 2006, 04:52 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Yes, we all know people like that. I know of a couple on benefits and with council housing that have bought themselves a lovely holiday home in Thailand.

Know what you are doing with the bankruptcy laws and you could potentially walk away without paying any tax/NI for years and also get £10,000s of debts wiped out. And a simple bankruptcy will see you discharged in less that 6 months these days.
Old 11 December 2006, 04:55 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

People like them know every trick and every way to get more benefit.

I used to work in a warehouse for a couple years once I'd left college (resession) so need's must. There were lads working there on the fiddle, earning more than the registered workers, while still getting benefits.

These guy's new how to get every benefit going. Had benefits going to houses they didn't live in etc. They were getting hundreds of pounds a week. Every time they were asked if they wanted to go on the books they declined. Wonder why.
Wouldn't care either, if anything was worth (or not worth) stealing, they'd steel it. Why? Because they didn't have to pay for it. Made my blood boil.
Old 11 December 2006, 04:56 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Agree with you Edd ... but when I get made redundant I get £50 (ish) per week - to feed me, wife and kid plus pay mortgage etc etc. And that's after paying a gazillion in tax and NI for years.

Dave
Tell me about it. My partner stopped working, went to the job centre to sign on and start looking for another job. She's worked more or less since she left school apart from around 12 months whilst having and raising our daughter through the early months.

Job centre said she couldn't have a penny because the year they used as a guide to how much NI she'd paid was the year she stopped work for our daughter. Absolute disgrace.

If you've got nothing, the state will pay for you.

If you've got something, they state make you pay to keep it.

What idiot thought that would be a good way to run a society?

And as for working families - what a ******* ***** and ****** ****** rubbish.

We spent 4 years paying back our first year together as a family.

Year 1 income = 11K for 2 adults and a new born = max reward
Year 2 income = 25K (both now working paying fair) = give it ALL back.

We've been in the house for 5 years now and only this year have we been awarded anything and thats because my partner is retraining and has no income.

No doubt next year once she does start working, we'll have to pay back this year too.

Is that really how its supposed to work? Pay back what you were given during difficult times?

Last edited by EddScott; 11 December 2006 at 05:01 PM.
Old 11 December 2006, 05:02 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

When I was off sick a while ago I had to struggle on £70 a week ssp

People who know how to work the system are fooking minted.I know a bloke who brags about how much he earns sitting on his *** doing **** all. He claims dla(bad back),carers allowance for looking after his girlfriend (who's only problem seems being unable to drag her fat *** from the bingo hall ) and a whole host of other benefits,and reckons he pockets £250 a week not including housing benefit.
Strange how he managed to get a santa sleigh and reindeer on his roof with crippling back spams
Old 11 December 2006, 05:06 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
When I was off sick a while ago I had to struggle on £70 a week ssp

People who know how to work the system are fooking minted.I know a bloke who brags about how much he earns sitting on his *** doing **** all. He claims dla(bad back),carers allowance for looking after his girlfriend (who's only problem seems being unable to drag her fat *** from the bingo hall ) and a whole host of other benefits,and reckons he pockets £250 a week not including housing benefit.
Strange how he managed to get a santa sleigh and reindeer on his roof with crippling back spams
Video camera and post the tape off to the benefit fraud office.
Old 11 December 2006, 05:10 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by OllyK
I was thinking air rifle and let him explain to the fraud office how he managed to fall of the roof and break his neck and how the **** he got up there in the first place
Old 11 December 2006, 11:03 PM
D.K.1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
Old 11 December 2006, 11:40 PM
Ben v7
Scooby Regular

The tales above are a disgrace to those who work for a living.

These lay abouts claiming benefits are spending all tax payers hard earned money.

With housing. I am years and years off being able to buy a place, but the bloke down the road has been given a flat to live in as nice as mine completely free of charge. I am left paying my rent and tax's that pay his rent too. He also causes a disturbance a lot of time - shows no respect what so ever and is proud of the fact he is on benefit while people like me have to go and work.

He asked me for a smoke late one night. I said nothing, just stared at him and walked back into my block. Part of me wanted to just punch his face in - cheek to ask me for a smoke when he already has had enough off me and others like me paying for the place he lives in.

He even said to me one night before that... "nice Scooby - I am thinking of getting one of them". I just said, yeah whatever, my pride and joy. My blood was boiling though as how can someone on benefit even entertain the idea of getting one of these cars?

I know he's laughing at me in a way because his life is all booze, spot of cash in hand labouring here and there, ******** the local tarts, whilst I work long hours and am generally sorting myself out for a future on my own two feet. Suppose he thinks I am the real loser for not playing the system - perhaps I am?

How many council houses do you see with a sat TV dish hanging off them - Sky with all the channels... that doesn't make sense either.

Agreed that benefits should be stopped or drastically reduced. There should be no 'incentives' to go on benefit.

It's all too easy.

New Labour to blame yet again I expect.
Old 12 December 2006, 12:47 AM
borgie
Scooby Regular

i think on the same wave length as you EddScott.
im self employed as well as my brother.
we have both said how hard this country is getting to live.if you graft.
more money seems to go out than comes in.
thats why this country is getting in a mess.
fuel goes up, so we have to go to work harder to pay for it.
more hours at work ,for nothing really.
when the government say they want to save the enviroment, its bull, just to brainwash us.
what this country needs is a shut down, just to show them we will not tollerate being ripped off.
im up for it.
can we have some feedback.
Old 12 December 2006, 01:15 AM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by kingofturds
I was thinking air rifle and let him explain to the fraud office how he managed to fall of the roof and break his neck and how the **** he got up there in the first place

ROFPMSL, now i would love to be a fly on the wall listening in on that one
Old 12 December 2006, 02:47 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Democracy in action mate, give thieving, freeloading, chav scum the vote, and by definition you'll get people who will pander to said scum in government
Old 12 December 2006, 09:29 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Me and my missus worked out that if we quit work and banged out 10 kids and then claimed off the state we could bring in about as much as we do now... And get a bigger house aswell...
We gave it some thought but then our morals kicked in and we decided against it...
Old 12 December 2006, 09:33 AM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

I work because I cannot bear daytime TV, and I mean really cant stand it, I cannot even be in the same room if theres TV on with it, I feel my brain turning to mush!

Seriously there are those cases, but I think there are alot of genuine ones too.

My take is you can either let it annoy you or just get your head down and work hard and reap the benefits. Me and missus earn well and theres no amount of benefits that would give us the lifestyle we enjoy.

And hey even if it was free I dont want my frickin house stonecladded thank you very much! PMSL

Gary
Old 12 December 2006, 10:34 AM
imi
Scooby Regular

Remember that fat pig on ITV that popped 6-7 parasites and was feeding off around 40K per annum in benefits in addition to a free house and all......

Not to mention the fact that she was probably paied several thousands for being on TV too///
Old 12 December 2006, 10:39 AM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

I had a thread on this subject a few years ago. Whilst there are some worthy cases for benefits, the trouble with this country is it's not means-tested and it should be. Look at all the bloody money we're wasting on illegals who shouldn't even be here too!
Old 12 December 2006, 11:50 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I suppose that with all these PC Plonkers in charge everywhere, its much easier to throw money at the problem and find another stealth tax or two to screw the middle classes whom they hate anyway! They reckon that the chavs will all vote to keep them in power of course, as well as all the civil servants they have invented jobs and quangos for!

Les
Old 12 December 2006, 12:33 PM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I went to sign on a few years ago after I was made redundant. Only did so to get my NI stamp, as I knew I wouldn't get any money.
So I was given this big booklet type thing with loads of colourful pages in it, and the lady behind the counter explained what various things were as I thumbed through it.
I then said, "where is my Sky TV voucher" in a joking manor. She looked at me, and said, "what do you mean?". My reply was, "well everybody I know on the dole has a car, house and all the channels on sky".

It didn't go down too well, and I was interviewed when I went to sign on the following Tuesday. They wanted to know how I had the money to run a motorbike etc.
Old 12 December 2006, 01:01 PM
Smiler
Scooby Regular

Everyone appears to moan that they know this person fiddling, that person fiddling. REPORT THEM!

I have reported before. Single woman with three kids claiming everything including her rent. Problem was she "forgot" to tell Benefits that her boyfriend moved in and earned £25K pa plus a company car.

Report Benefit Fraud
Old 12 December 2006, 01:10 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Smiler
Everyone appears to moan that they know this person fiddling, that person fiddling. REPORT THEM!

I have reported before. Single woman with three kids claiming everything including her rent. Problem was she "forgot" to tell Benefits that her boyfriend moved in and earned £25K pa plus a company car.

Report Benefit Fraud
You'd be surprised how many do report benefit fraud and how many times it's ignored.
Old 12 December 2006, 01:51 PM
imi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Smiler

Report Benefit Fraud
fantastic, I would have reported it too.
Old 12 December 2006, 01:53 PM
imi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ^Qwerty^
I went to sign on a few years ago after I was made redundant. Only did so to get my NI stamp, as I knew I wouldn't get any money.
So I was given this big booklet type thing with loads of colourful pages in it, and the lady behind the counter explained what various things were as I thumbed through it.
I then said, "where is my Sky TV voucher" in a joking manor. She looked at me, and said, "what do you mean?". My reply was, "well everybody I know on the dole has a car, house and all the channels on sky".

It didn't go down too well, and I was interviewed when I went to sign on the following Tuesday. They wanted to know how I had the money to run a motorbike etc.
What you should have asked was for the Entertainment package as you are far too depressed having nothing to do at home all day....?
Old 12 December 2006, 04:33 PM
B9GLY
Scooby Regular

when is there a need for benefits anyway????????????????? you should have to pay your way all the time! if you cant afford to have kids, then tough, get a better job!!!!!!
Old 12 December 2006, 05:04 PM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
I suppose that with all these PC Plonkers in charge everywhere,
Who are these pc people???? How do they get their jobs?????Are they women that wear manly shoes or vice versa???? Why do they want Winterfests????Why aren't normal sensible people in these jobs telling scroungers to get off their bums ???? Aaaaargh

I get so annoyed when I think about these faceless numbskulls having their 'brainstorming 'sessions and the like

UK,ruled by social misfits working for local authorities
Old 12 December 2006, 09:15 PM
Laura W
Scooby Regular

I love the new ad..."if you commit benefit fraud you COULD get a police interview and a caution"... frightenin!

If its their first time..give them 6 wks say to find work and then make em do community service to EARN their benefits, like sorting recycling at recycling depots, cleaning grafiti, maintaining public garden areas etc stuff our council tax pays for!!!!
Old 13 December 2006, 02:06 PM
PeteT
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
Why bother working for a living?
A little thing called 'self respect', that's why.