Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Jamie Oliver

Search this Thread

Old 18 September 2006, 09:32 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Jamie Oliver

They say that at the 'end time' Christ will come again to save us.

I think he's arrived...
Old 19 September 2006, 08:11 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Don't let my eldest hear you say that. In the final year of his welding apprenticeship, he does one day a week at college, and looked forward to his breakfast fry-up.

Suddenly, the fry-up has been halved in size, fried bread not allowed, (and NOT replaced with toast), the price has doubled, and there is no salt allowed on the tables or even in little packets.

Now THAT'S ludicrous.

He describes Oliver as a squirrel-tongued mockney b@stard

Alcazar
Old 19 September 2006, 08:22 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

I LOVED the bit where he called parents who fed their children all manner of crap "f*cking tossers". That's what we need, someone who'll actually spell it out for the idiot generation. (Thinking of those mums going to the chippy with orders from the schoolchildren!)

I LOVED the bit where he asked the secretary of state that because he couldn't financially plan for children's meals for the next couple of years, whether that meant the troops would be pulled out of Iraq for the same reason? That was met with a swift interjection by a civil servant!

It's a fantastic point, and shows the f*cked up values of this country when we'll pump all manner of cash into rebuilding some other ****ty country yet can't even be arsed to FEED a good deal of children in this one?!?

I DID NOT LOVE that he didn't ask B.Liar the same question!

Much as he's a squirrel-tongued mockney b@stard, he's standing up for something RIGHT and doing his best to see it happen.

Now if we can just find someone to do the same for Health, Education, Law & Order...
Old 19 September 2006, 09:55 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

I think Jamie Oliver is doing a fantastic job, and was furious when I read in the paper last week regarding those mothers (council estate) feeding kids greasy Fish & Chips EVERY day.
Why can't they see that Jamie is just trying to get their kids eating proper nutritious food each day, that not only helps their health but also improves concentration and no doubt academic achievement. Maybe we wouldn't end up with stupid chav'y kids who are so ******* stupid, all they can do to occupy their tiny brains by resorting to crime and anti-social behavior. That's after they can get their overweight fat @rses out of bed.

Good on you Jamie. keep up the good work.
Old 19 September 2006, 09:59 AM
sydsnot2002
Scooby Regular

at least we now know that is fast food and not the usual excuse of " its my genes" that's making us a country of lardies........
Old 19 September 2006, 11:34 AM
tmo
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by stilover
I think Jamie Oliver is doing a fantastic job, and was furious when I read in the paper last week regarding those mothers (council estate) feeding kids greasy Fish & Chips EVERY day.
Why can't they see that Jamie is just trying to get their kids eating proper nutritious food each day, that not only helps their health but also improves concentration and no doubt academic achievement. Maybe we wouldn't end up with stupid chav'y kids who are so ******* stupid, all they can do to occupy their tiny brains by resorting to crime and anti-social behavior. That's after they can get their overweight fat @rses out of bed.

Good on you Jamie. keep up the good work.
http://www.rotherhamadvertiser.com/h...fp.asp?ID=6090
this was in Rawmarsh on the outskirts of Rotherham, its an absolute disgrace, why can't people understand that feeding your children burger / fish and chips, lard sandwiches (and chips) everyday isn't good for them.

The people responsible should be locked up for child abuse

Bunch of inbred lardy tw@ts that need to take responsibility for the upbringing of children not just bump them out and send them down the chippy.
My daughters school (other side of town )has adopted the changes with minimum fuss.

Last edited by tmo; 19 September 2006 at 11:38 AM.
Old 19 September 2006, 02:20 PM
simpsons !
Scooby Regular

Location: A Yorkshireman living in Lancashire, Recruiting for the War of the Roses part deux!

I thought that it was quite funny when they were doing the maths about the £240,000,000 yes £240 million over the three years that the goverment has put extra into the coffers it actually equated to 5p a child per day. After saying that it was quite nice to see Bliar squirming at the thought of all the voters that take notice of of what Jamie Oliver is trying to do to help the kids. I can't wait till next week!
Old 19 September 2006, 02:46 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

If Jamie Oliver carries on as he is doing; it wont be long before MI5 find child **** on his computer.....
Old 19 September 2006, 03:21 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Good job fella, unlike the scoobynet spouters on here that feckin whinge all the time but do **** all about anything.......... you know who you are..........
Old 19 September 2006, 03:32 PM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Yes I think he's doing a grand job but I cant really see the government doing much. It was quite laughable to see that ministers PA who crept into shot waving her arms because she was in a panic over some of oliver's questions, typical f**king politician not living in the real world and you cant even ask them the questions you want answered.

Personally I think the problem isnt so much food its lack of exercise. I mean if your a child of the 70s as I was you'll know that we hardly had healthy diets back then, in fact we were all ignorant to nutrition, I remember having hot dog, chips and beans virtually every day I attended upper school and that was for 3 years! I wasnt fat why? Because I played footie most nights, cycled everywhere and was always on the go.

Gary
Old 19 September 2006, 06:03 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FFS, does it matter, this just means we will have 90 year old Chavs scrounging and theiving for years longer, keep em smoking, drinking and eating crap, cheaper in the long run !
Old 19 September 2006, 09:44 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

did you see that pic of the mothers passing junk food thru the fence at dinnertime at school
Old 19 September 2006, 09:55 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate
did you see that pic of the mothers passing junk food thru the fence at dinnertime at school
The Devil's workers.
Old 19 September 2006, 10:02 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Squizz

Better if he had just lunged forward and just stabbed the great Satan in the heart. What a waste

Can't help feeling that Blair f*cked him over with the same lies and deciets that he uses on the rest of us.
Old 19 September 2006, 10:02 PM
The Snug Rhino
Scooby Regular

Location: I have ad blocked my rep - so dont waste your time!

Originally Posted by J4CKO
FFS, does it matter, this just means we will have 90 year old Chavs scrounging and theiving for years longer, keep em smoking, drinking and eating crap, cheaper in the long run !

Exactly....sod em all. (and that muppet Oliver making huge amounts of money of the back of it)
Old 19 September 2006, 10:08 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by The Snug Rhino
Exactly....sod em all. (and that muppet Oliver making huge amounts of money of the back of it)
Oh dear – Jealous are we?? That someone who is far more successful than you will ever be, and has the vision and dynamism to take on the government and their ****ty policies?

Old 19 September 2006, 10:27 PM
magepaster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Snug Rhino
Of course he's making money! It's his JOB, he works to make money.

His passion is something else.If being passionate about the health and well being of our children makes one a muppet then I would only be too happy to be that kind of muppet. Jamie Oliver has something in him that makes him care. And in all honesty he wouldn't give a flying **** what you thought of him.

presuming of course that you are capable of generating thought processes.
Old 19 September 2006, 10:44 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

You lot really make me laugh sometimes (rarely though )
IMHO, in Jamie's defence, (and yes, I'm fullly aware that he's making alot of money off the back of it) I honestly think that he's got the best of intentions.

Our kids, and in all fairness most adults eat sh1te most of the time. We all complain about it, yet nobody else has stepped up to the mark and be counted.
The bigger issue he's facing is the sh1tbag parents who think it's acceptable to feed their young the processed rubbish that is readily available.
That's one hell of a fight he's taken on.

Once again, the Scoobynet minority slag off something/someone that is actually doing some good for the future generations.

Shame our "illustrious leader" can't actually do the decent thing and fulfill a promise.

Dan
Old 19 September 2006, 10:51 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
You lot really make me laugh sometimes (rarely though )Dan

Not us lot - just the usual derelict minds stuck in their tabloid celebrity myopia. They don't have the faculties to be able to tell the wood from the trees

Last edited by unclebuck; 19 September 2006 at 10:54 PM.
Old 19 September 2006, 11:29 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

I think Jamie Oliver wont be bothered about money, he was minted before this.

Strange though, most of his recipes arent exactly healthy !
Old 19 September 2006, 11:32 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Rather have a large portion of Nigella slathered in whipped cream.....

There is one woman who needs the unwarranted and frankly intrusive attenions of a 35 year old slightly podgy IT bloke.
Old 20 September 2006, 11:08 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

looks like the chance for a healthy "meat in bap" combo

Dan
Old 20 September 2006, 12:59 PM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

I did notice that Blair implied that he couldn't be seen to NOT give further funds, as effectively Mr.Oliver had "Butt f*cked him on national TV" to use a phrase from Die Hard (The original and best).

Says it all, really... :

Last edited by Squizz; 20 September 2006 at 01:01 PM.
Old 20 September 2006, 01:26 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Squizz
I LOVED the bit where he called parents who fed their children all manner of crap "f*cking tossers". That's what we need, someone who'll actually spell it out for the idiot generation. (Thinking of those mums going to the chippy with orders from the schoolchildren!)

I LOVED the bit where he asked the secretary of state that because he couldn't financially plan for children's meals for the next couple of years, whether that meant the troops would be pulled out of Iraq for the same reason? That was met with a swift interjection by a civil servant!

It's a fantastic point, and shows the f*cked up values of this country when we'll pump all manner of cash into rebuilding some other ****ty country yet can't even be arsed to FEED a good deal of children in this one?!?

Much as he's a squirrel-tongued mockney b@stard, he's standing up for something RIGHT and doing his best to see it happen.

Now if we can just find someone to do the same for Health, Education, Law & Order...

Yup!