Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

22B.com

Search this Thread

Old 29 October 2001, 07:45 PM
Crapaud62
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny I suppose that a thread with the title 22B.com is post as Non-scooby related?

I'm sure people from ScoobyNet must look at 22B.com.
It extremely sad that a once good sight has degenerated into Anders personal conspiracy voice. It would be irrelevent if it wasn't for the constant negative accusations made against ScoobyNet and its Webmaster. Its a massive credit to Simon De Banke (with an "e"!) that he has not sunk to their level.

I a little surprised that nobody else has commented to support Simon, but perhaps it is too pathetic for comment?

Simon/Mods - feel free to delete this if you think it inflamatory as that is not my intention. Just an expression of firstly regret/disappointment and secondly of respect for Simon.
I hope I've expressed myself clearly?
Old 29 October 2001, 07:57 PM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Consciously or unconsciously.

Elitist.

Sorry, but there it is.

Haven't looked in ages. Sorry to say. Joined the chat a couple of times ages ago. Got roundly chided for interrupting the sixth form or something.

I hate having to say that. But there it is.

I am a no brainer without an opinion.

But then you knew that.
Old 29 October 2001, 08:34 PM
SDB
Scooby Regular

Thank you so much for the very kind words.

That thread was a shame indeed. I don't know why he continues to mention scoobynet (or me for that matter) with such negativity. But I guess it's just one of them things.

Thanks again

Simon
Old 29 October 2001, 08:38 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Agree. Some of the folk on thier were rather **** about a great deal of things. ooh you spelt this wrong etc all very dull. Scoobynet is far more fun and as more people use it it has a very good level of knowledge about more serious subject if you need that along with the more light hearted stuff.

AllanB
Old 29 October 2001, 08:54 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Talking

I'm still a fan of 22b.com, yes it's very quiet at the moment and a few things Anders had planned for it did'nt come off(for whatever reason). There is still the requirement(which 22b fills) for a purely technical based bbs.

I am saddend by the animosity that rears it's head from time to time, and I think it does the community harm to have dirty washing aired in public.

I know both Anders and Simon personally and can vouch that both are kind hearted, well meaning and are top blokes.

I'm a moderator because I believe I have something to contribute to scoobynet, and have the desire to put something back in. To me, it's not the fancy blue font my names written in(although it is ) , but the fact that hopefully I can make a difference.

It's that feeling that drove Anders to create 22b.com, and Simon to take over scoobynet even though the personal and finanical cost is and was considerable. Like Simon i'm puzzled by the postings over there, but like he says is just one of those things.
I try to think the best in people, at all times, so to me, there is no hard feelings between 22b and scoobynet, or between Anders and SDB there is just the pressure and stress of running a BBS, holding down a job and still having a life.

Hope this has made some kinda sense.
Old 30 October 2001, 12:50 AM
KF
Scooby Regular

EDIT: I reconsidered. I know nothing about this. I have deleted my post. Some prosaic commentary is unhelpful.

[Edited by KF - 10/30/2001 12:56:43 AM]
Old 30 October 2001, 08:34 AM
Danny Fisher
Scooby Regular

Maybe its time that the Dr. now had HIS head looked at.

Dan
Old 30 October 2001, 10:52 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I do occasionally view 22b.com and am amused by some of the posts on there. The way I see it is that if I have any really heavy/daft techy issues I'll post them on 22b (and cross post on scoobyney ) as I know 22b is meant to be dedicated to the technical side of things. maybe I'm wrong in doing so, but it's just the way I think.
Old 30 October 2001, 12:30 PM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Red face

Methinks the good doctor needs to look inside his own head for a while

Not in anyway rubishing Anders own experiences, but why take it out on others?

Keep it up Si!

Status so thats why I'm a moderator?

ROFLMAO

D

Old 30 October 2001, 12:43 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

anders is a lunatic of the best kind.

He remains to be a great source of entertainment for me. I dont laugh at him, but I enjoy talking to him. He is bitter at the world, in some cases with very good reason.

I find his posts very entertaining, not for their content but mostly for their delivery, teh command of the english language. It is clear from the way he writes he is a very, very intelligent man, and that alone is cause to continue viewing 22B.com with a view to the ensuing installments. It is a great source of tchnical information as always, but that is something that is wasted on me, being friendly with all the people who posted the useful information in the first place (mainly pat, bob and R19KET).

So long as innocent parties dont get dragged into it, I dont see what harm it can do.

I would like to see 22B.com find an interesting tangent to go down. Some kind of content that will separate it from scoobynet so that both bbs' can coexist and cater for different markets without stepping on eachothers toes.

I like the Sunday Sport/Sunday Times analogy, as it is not offensve to either party, so long as neither has unjsutified delusions of grandure (star warsism).
Old 30 October 2001, 02:19 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

I have a lot of time for Anders. I like a man that speaks his mind.

Cem