Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Stupid Evo driver

Search this Thread

Old 04 May 2006, 01:15 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stupid Evo driver

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/4966090.stm.

As you can see this happened last year in Poole and I drive on this road nearly everyday going to work and would never drive that quickly unless its 3am and the road is clear (not sensible but i've only done it a couple of times).
I hope the guy goes to jail for a very long time
Old 04 May 2006, 01:36 PM
Sub97
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a d1ck
Old 04 May 2006, 01:58 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Only really shown off with people in my car once.

Ended up in a hedge and a bill for £500.

No one was hurt and no other cars were involved.

Think my lesson was light in comparison to that.
Old 04 May 2006, 02:49 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

They gave out the road he lives in and i think its worth going round there and beating the crap out of him because he has wasted 2 lives the mate he killed(i hope he has nightmares about that) and his own life because i don't think i could live with killing someone who trusted me to drive them about especiall if i survived.
How does he think he will get away with the plea of not guilty to dangerous driving?
Old 04 May 2006, 03:01 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by myblackwrx
They gave out the road he lives in and i think its worth going round there and beating the crap out of him because he has wasted 2 lives the mate he killed(i hope he has nightmares about that) and his own life because i don't think i could live with killing someone who trusted me to drive them about especiall if i survived.
How does he think he will get away with the plea of not guilty to dangerous driving?
A bit strong saying lets go round and kick the cr@p out of him??? Yes, he was being a dick, and yes being a dick has killed someone, but, we have all showed off at one time or another. Most of us have showed off to friends (usually egged on by them) and had a laugh. This time the guy got it wrong, horribly wrong.
What if it was you driving? How would you like a bunch of violent vigilante's coming round your house wanting to kick & probably kill you over someone they didn't even know??

He will probably go to jail for what he's done, and rightly so, but going round and having it out with him means your just a yob looking for an excuse to have a fight. If you knew the person he killed, then fair enough you'd (and I'd) probably want to rip his head off.

We all make mistakes, let the police/law sort it out.
Old 04 May 2006, 03:02 PM
Reality
BANNED

"He drove round that gentle right hand bend at such speed and in such a manner he was unable to control his car."

If it was a gentle bend he must have been doing a lot more than 100 mph - or he can't drive !
Old 04 May 2006, 03:08 PM
Richard_P
Scooby Regular

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/4966090.stm.

As you can see this happened last year in Poole and I drive on this road nearly everyday going to work and would never drive that quickly unless its 3am and the road is clear (not sensible but i've only done it a couple of times).
I hope the guy goes to jail for a very long time
It was after a night out so was probably 3am and the road was pretty much clear apart from 1 other car (the witnesses).

Evo 8 crashing round a "gentle" bend at 100mph. Not much of a driver but that doesn't help the injured or the dead.

As said above I've shown off in a car too and been lucky.
Old 04 May 2006, 03:26 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Stilover fair enough beating the crap out of him is over the top (moment of anger reading the not guilty plea) and would be against the law but it infuriates me that he will most probably get off with a relatively low sentence for basically killing someone (whether or not it was accidental or delibrate).
Richard P my mum works at Poole hospital and she says it was about 11pm because she saw the casualties come in and had to clear the mess up (i don't mean that nastily obviously bleeding isn't delibrate and it is her job to clean A&E).
The bend in question is fairly gentle but to take it at speed you have to go from inside lane to outside not try to overtake a car.
But to say he wasn't speeding but admit 70mph in a 50mph zone (should have said the road is a dual carriageway) is just stupid.
Old 04 May 2006, 03:46 PM
Reality
BANNED

The bend in question is fairly gentle but to take it at speed you have to go from inside lane to outside not try to overtake a car.
But to say he wasn't speeding but admit 70mph in a 50mph zone (should have said the road is a dual carriageway) is just stupid.
So - a gently bending dual carriagway and this guy puts an Evo 8 off the road. Must have been doing at least 130 or had one of the girls on his lap !
Old 04 May 2006, 04:32 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Or he pulled back in after overtaking the Pajero and overdid the steering, didn't let the car settle, hit a damp patch, hit a bit of oil or gravel etc...

J.
Old 04 May 2006, 04:49 PM
Reality
BANNED

Originally Posted by vindaloo
Or he pulled back in after overtaking the Pajero and overdid the steering, didn't let the car settle, hit a damp patch, hit a bit of oil or gravel etc...

J.
An Evo 8 could hit a 20 ft sand castle and it wouldn't leave the road if he was only doing 70mph.

The guy was clearly driving way beyond his ability - and killed one of his mates !
Old 04 May 2006, 05:01 PM
rgv_stu
Scooby Regular

probably but also the press dramatise everything, for instance the crap about how his car shaked the pajero like a lorry, lol
there usually more to it than what gets written in the news
Old 04 May 2006, 08:31 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by vindaloo

J.
I'm pretty sure all that would have been investigated at the scene, they can very accurately put together what happened.