Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Islands Off Singapore

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2005, 12:06 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Islands Off Singapore

I'm planning on having a stop over at Singapore in Feb or March. I have been there before but this time I was thinking of getting a ferry or water taxi to one of the islands.
Anyone stayed at Lazarus Island or Sisters Island?

Darren
Old 22 October 2005, 12:21 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We used to go bombing and air to ground shooting at China Rock. I should avoid that one!

Les
Old 22 October 2005, 03:45 PM
SVVG
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We used to go to Sibu quite a lot - run by an English couple - has simple beach huts with ensuite arranged and a private beach. Awesome beach, beiatiful sea and really god food - and cheap (although this is not really a thing you have to worry about is you're going that way!) Think it was called Sea Gypsy village or something like that - have a search on Google as there is a web site.

Don't bother with Bintan unless you want to stay in the hotel (but beach does have the occassional oil slick from the tankers in the distance....)

There's a private Island which can be hired out in totality and it was about £200 a head for a party of about 20 for the weekend - can't remember the name (helpful I know...) but I can find out from one of my mates if you like.

I can recommend a good travel agent in Singapore - they do everything - you just give them your passport number and pay, and they book trabnsfers, flights hotel days out etc. It's really is easy - they deal with everything door to door - It's called Honeyworld's and is in the Central Business District in the shopping center with the Big HSBC attached off of Sheton Way - Honeyworld Holidays Pte Ltd. Address: 24 Raffles Place #02-23/24 CLIFFORD CENTRE
Singapore 048621. Suburb: Robinson. Phone: 6532-2232. Fax: 6532-3353. I was there for 4 months on a rotation with my firm (there were about 25 of us all out there from the UK on different rotations with different firms and everyone is replaced after 4 to 6 months) and Honeyworlds have been attending to this group's travel needs for years so have along standing good reputation - rather than some random place I stumbled acress!!

Hope that helps!