Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

county court judgements

Search this Thread

Old 10 October 2005, 04:49 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
Default county court judgements

how do they work??? my lass has just found out there was one issued against her in september for money we didnt know we owed from nortumbrian water,i have settled the outstanding amount even though the water rates arent supposed to finish till february !!! but the spelling of her name isnt even close its spelt wrong on the 1st name and 2nd name. is this like a driving offence type of thing where if its miss spelt it doesnt count ??? as they are saying that all they will do with the judgement is say they are satisfied and not fully remove it !!!
Old 10 October 2005, 04:55 PM
Patt@firstime
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless removed it will be on her credit file for 6 years from date of issue and it doesn't matter if name is mis-spelt.

A lot of water companies have there own 'in-house' CCJ department so contact them first. If you need to know the court who issued it and reference number etc contact either Experian or Equifax. Or PM and I'll see what I can do....

HTH
Old 10 October 2005, 05:01 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Apply to have the judgement set aside on the grounds that you were never served with it and then pay it.
Old 10 October 2005, 05:25 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Milamber
Apply to have the judgement set aside on the grounds that you were never served with it and then pay it.
we werent served it and i have just settled it anyways the company acting for the water company have said they will send a letter to state that all payments have been made to send to the courts ???? but they also said it is doubtfull it will be removed !!! they were trying to tell us that my lass had rang them up on the 27th august to explain about the payment WTF the bill had been settled before this date and we were away then anyways. just another case of being stitched up
Old 10 October 2005, 06:11 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

probably worthwhile applying anyway just to improve the credit rating. The fee is minimal and once issued you cana skt he water company to agree (they've been paid anyway) and file what is known as a "consent order" signed by both parties, the judge will rubber stamp it and hey presto - mines a pint.
Old 10 October 2005, 06:22 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

that must be the letter they are sending out to us now to say they have been paid, it would be nice if i could switch water companies just like leccy and gas as this one has really pissed me off now !!!
Old 10 October 2005, 06:48 PM
john_s
Scooby Regular

I'm sure I read somewhere that if you settle the debt within a month, the CCJ is scratched from your record.

John.
Old 10 October 2005, 07:22 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by john_s
I'm sure I read somewhere that if you settle the debt within a month, the CCJ is scratched from your record.

John.
the debt was paid before we even got the judgement, the CCJ was issued end of september some 1 month after i had settled the bill ??
Old 10 October 2005, 07:29 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Not registered within a month, marked as "satisifed" thereafter. I've had people apply to set aside a judgement up to a year after it was registered and succeed (B'stards)
Old 10 October 2005, 09:40 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevebt
the debt was paid before we even got the judgement, the CCJ was issued end of september some 1 month after i had settled the bill ??
Milamber's hit the nail on the head mate.

You could apply for set aside on the grounds that the summons and default judgment had not been received and you had no knowledge of the debt or more to the point that it was at a stage of "recovery".

However, this draws the whole issue out. Seen as though the Judgment has been issued within the last one month get the water place to issue you with a letter confirming the debt has been settled in full (important to ensure they dont come after you at a later point chasing any outstanding interest) and that they dont object to any request that the Judgment be removed from the register. Enclose your own proof of payment (if possible) along with correspondence requesting the same. Let the court do the rest.......................
Old 10 October 2005, 09:58 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by RLE
Milamber's hit the nail on the head mate.