ASBOs

Search this Thread

Old 25 July 2005, 10:23 PM
Garvey69
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASBOs

What the hell is this all about?

In a village near me the council have fetched in a bylaw saying that if more than two moddified cars park to gether the Police can issue a dispersal order. If the drivers are drving in the same village on the same night they can then be issued withh an ASBO (Anti Social Behaveour Order) resulting in possibly having your vehicle impounded.

Surely this can't be right?
Old 25 July 2005, 10:24 PM
pete1977
Scooby Regular

Just watch where you park in asda,s from now on.
Old 25 July 2005, 10:28 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pete1977
Just watch where you park in asda,s from now on.
Or Lidl..
Old 25 July 2005, 10:37 PM
Garvey69
Scooby Regular

Couldn't get over it got kicked out of MCDees one night just because I was driving a modded FTO, worse thing is I was with my wife and little girl having a drive through.

Was told not to be seen around the town again that night otherwise I could be arrested.
Old 25 July 2005, 10:44 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

ASBO,s NL,s answer to all ills...

commit an offence fet an asbo break asno get asbo break asbo get nother asbo and so on..

i think it runs like 12 strikes and your getting another asbo!!!

keeps all the guardianistas happy, and creates loads of paperwork.. which keeps plod off the streets..

LOL

Mart
Old 25 July 2005, 10:49 PM
Angry
Scooby Regular

Theres a 17/18 yr old kiddie in a village a few miles from me with an ASBO who can't:-

drive down a given road in that village,
be driven down that road in the village in another car
drive past the local secondary school
be driven past the local secondary in another car

and a couple of other no no's to do with loud music. He is a right little b'stard by all accounts though.
Old 26 July 2005, 08:02 AM
richieh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Garvey69
What the hell is this all about?

In a village near me the council have fetched in a bylaw saying that if more than two moddified cars park to gether the Police can issue a dispersal order. If the drivers are drving in the same village on the same night they can then be issued withh an ASBO (Anti Social Behaveour Order) resulting in possibly having your vehicle impounded.

Surely this can't be right?
wherabouts in south wales is this mate?
thats ridiculous
richie
Old 26 July 2005, 09:23 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

It depends how much the village has been plagued by 'boy racers' in modified cars. These people tend to spoil everything for the rest of us so the police can enforce a dispersal order for a set length of time (usually 2 months). They can order people in modified cars to leave a given area or face arrest. It is often used around town centre night clubs to curb public order
Old 26 July 2005, 09:53 AM
pete1977
Scooby Regular

I wonder how "modified" the vehicle needs to be?Not much clarification there."Modified" as in the stereo has been changed or modified with a 2.2stroker kit,big tubby,forged pistons etc.In some form or other most vehicles on the road are modified to some extent to suit the owners requirements.I think you should phone up your local cop shop and point this out and see what they say.Im pretty sure you wont get a straight answer as this sounds about as pointless as most ASBO systems.Get the little *******s in the army and send them to iraq!
Old 26 July 2005, 10:47 AM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Felix.
It depends how much the village has been plagued by 'boy racers' in modified cars. These people tend to spoil everything for the rest of us so the police can enforce a dispersal order for a set length of time (usually 2 months). They can order people in modified cars to leave a given area or face arrest. It is often used around town centre night clubs to curb public order
Felix, you're a copper right? Do you have a Scoob too? If so have you ever been 'entertained' by another constabulary because of your car?

Coppers aren't usually idiots, they can tell the difference between a teenager in a baseball cap hooning it round McDonalds and a family guy with a penchant for GT wings stopping for lunch

Garvey69; that's amazing that story of yours. Like I said, coppers aren't usually idiots
Old 26 July 2005, 12:06 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jap2Scrap
Felix, you're a copper right? Do you have a Scoob too? If so have you ever been 'entertained' by another constabulary because of your car?

Coppers aren't usually idiots, they can tell the difference between a teenager in a baseball cap hooning it round McDonalds and a family guy with a penchant for GT wings stopping for lunch
I agree. I don't know why the banning order was brought in for that particular village or indeed what it enforces.

Any order however has to be non prejudiced. So we can't target only chavs. If it is concerned with modified cars grouping together in this village then the whole lot will be targeted. If it has been brought in then we have to act on it or else complaints will start flying about - and its not worth loosing your job for not enforcing the act.

Like i say i don't know the ins and outs of the particular banning order. We have one in the town centre at the moment for the drunken idiots. Ours tends to work quite well. If we see a group that is hell bent on causing trouble, we can tell them to leave the town centre. If they don't or they come back they get locked up.