Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Todays Viz Top Tip for Mariah Carey...

Search this Thread

Old 02 July 2005, 09:59 PM
The_Gza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Todays Viz Top Tip for Mariah Carey...

..perhaps dedicating the proceeds from the sale of one of your bling diamond rings to the African Childrens Choir would resonate more than any of your "aren't they cute?", "Bring me a mike stand!" and promotion of your new record protestations?

Ooops - Am I out of step with the ethos of this event?
Old 02 July 2005, 10:02 PM
dmc1980
Scooby Regular

not out of step, what a patronizing b*tch
Old 02 July 2005, 10:02 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Diva, Diva, Diva..... She is certainly high maintenance!
Old 02 July 2005, 10:10 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

echo
Old 02 July 2005, 10:12 PM
princessyin
Scooby Regular

and perhaps she should have brought a dress that actually fits...
Old 02 July 2005, 10:14 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

And one that was longer to cover her fat thighs.... miaow
Old 02 July 2005, 10:15 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Did you see Victoria Beckham singing along to MC's new song?

She was probably thinking "I wish I could sing...!"
Old 02 July 2005, 10:19 PM
SD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Andy Tang
Did you see Victoria Beckham singing along to MC's new song?

She was probably thinking "I wish I could sing...!"
PMSL!!!!
Old 02 July 2005, 10:20 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Yeah, but she can't sing cos she's too busy pouting like a trout
Old 02 July 2005, 10:21 PM
princessyin
Scooby Regular

and didn't know the words...
Old 02 July 2005, 10:23 PM
SD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by princessyin
and didn't know the words...
I thought she was mouthing "why the hell didn't I get invited up there"...
Old 02 July 2005, 11:33 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is she as bigger **** as is alledged ?

look at the little fuzzie wuzzies, aint they cute, ignorant cow, she is about twenty years out of date and looks like a Tina Turner impersonator.

But, I hasten to add, I would, oh yes, I would.
Old 03 July 2005, 12:05 AM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
But, I hasten to add, I would, oh yes, I would.
So would I, but it looks like someone beat me to dragging her through a hedge backwards and hit her a few times with a spade!
Old 03 July 2005, 07:35 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

"bring me a mike stand, ha ha ha"

30 secs later (through gritted teeth)

"can I get that mike stand?"

30 sec after that:

"if you can't get me a mike stand that's OK" but you're soooo fired when I get off stage

Don't know what she was doing there in the first place.
Old 03 July 2005, 01:15 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was incensed by her dragging on the african childrens choir, only to have her favourite, who she walked right past while trying to locate him, say "hello" in african
What a patronising woman. I was gobsmacked when I realised that they weren't even going to do a number, perhaps they should have been down at the eden project, along with all the other ethnics!
Got to say though, she has a fine pair of lungs, and I personally thought she belted out the best tune on the day
chris.
Old 03 July 2005, 02:41 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by cw42
Got to say though, she has a fine pair of lungs, and I personally thought she belted out the best tune on the day
chris.
Chris, Yep her "lungs" are her best feature

I dislike the whole diva thing, but I have to admit...I've since those photo shoots in FHM and YES PLEASE!!!

NS04
Old 03 July 2005, 03:02 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Talking

<annoying american twangy voice mode on>

Hello li'l African kid..... wow, ain't you a cute li'l one,

Think I might take this li'l one home for myself.....how much does he cost ?

Heh, still no mike-stand ?

Li'l African kid.... Open your mouth and hold this microphone in it for a while...turn your head a bit to the left, further, why thank you

Prize bitch
Old 03 July 2005, 05:59 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Mariah Carey,i only wish she had sung "without you" you'd all be eating your words.a demanding diva,yes.............but boy can she sing.

Thats why she is the best selling female artist of the 20th century with 230 million records.
Old 03 July 2005, 06:30 PM
SD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulr
Mariah Carey,i only wish she had sung "without you" you'd all be eating your words.a demanding diva,yes.............but boy can she sing.

Thats why she is the best selling female artist of the 20th century with 230 million records.
So why did Richard Branson basically pay her millions of dollars to fu.ck off and shut her cake-hole?
Old 03 July 2005, 06:36 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SD
So why did Richard Branson basically pay her millions of dollars to fu.ck off and shut her cake-hole?
I havent a clue what you are on about.
Old 03 July 2005, 06:39 PM
SD
Scooby Regular

I havent a clue what you are on about.
She was bought out of her 'music' contract. Told she was rubbish and to toddle off. She signed with someone else and still sounds like a load of cats stuck in a room with ajm.
Old 03 July 2005, 06:43 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Watch it again then tell me she cant sing..............
Old 03 July 2005, 06:50 PM
SD
Scooby Regular

Watch it again then tell me she cant sing..............
I did an hour or so ago on the AOL webcast. She genuinely doesn't do anything for me with that voice...
Old 03 July 2005, 06:55 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Fair do.
On the BBC site she got a poor review,but i just cant see it myself.I've just watched it again and her voice is fantastic.

Her reputation precedes her,thats the trouble.
Old 03 July 2005, 07:47 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Talking

Paulr

Some stats to prove you do indeed (allegedly) have some taste after all, they also prove that the world in general is one seriously fecked up place

Personally I can't stand her and I think you'll find that Michael Jackson's stats are equally as impressive

Each to their own I guess

Mariah Carey Career records and achievements

The singles marks here are based on (Large outdoor signboard) Billboard's (Click link for more info and facts about Hot 100) Hot 100 chart.
U.S. record sales figures are certified by (Click link for more info and facts about RIAA) RIAA and may be considered reliable. However, no process exists to certify worldwide record sales (except the World Music Awards which certified Mariah as the best selling female artist of the millennium)

With U.S. sales of over 60 million albums and 24 million singles (as of April 2005) and Worldwide sales surpassing 200 million singles and albums, Mariah Carey is the Biggest selling Female Artist in Music History

In 1999, Mariah was awarded the Billboard award for Artist of the Decade, crowning her as the biggest-selling artist of the 1990s.

Mariah received the Legend World Music Award in 1998 for her very impressive record sales.

The World Music awards awarded Mariah the Female Artist of the Millennium Award, declaring her as the World's biggest selling Female artist of the Millennium.

Mariah Carey has the most World Music awards for a female in history (12), which shows that she is the biggest selling female performer of all time

Mariah is rated as the 3rd best pop artist of the past 25 years (*)

Mariah is the artist with the record for most consecutive years with a #1 single; she is the only artist to have a single reach #1 for every year of the 1990s.

In 2003, Carey won the Diamond World Music Award for her album sales of over 150 million.

Mariah is the only artist to have every debut single from each album top the charts in the 90s. (Her run was broken in 2001 when Loverboy peaked at #2.

When the single "One Sweet Day" spent 16 weeks on the Billboard charts in the #1 postion, it became the longest running consecutive #1 single in history, taking the title held by Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You", which managed 14 weeks.

"One Sweet Day" is rated as the #1 song of the 90s(*)

Mariah is the female artist with the most culmulative weeks having a No. 1 single in history (61). She is second overall to (United States rock singer whose many hit records and flamboyant style greatly influenced American popular music (1935-1977)) Elvis Presley (80).

Mariah Carey has seen 15 singles reach #1 on the US chart; the most for any Female artist in history and third overall (behind (Click link for more info and facts about The Beatles) The Beatles and (United States rock singer whose many hit records and flamboyant style greatly influenced American popular music (1935-1977)) Elvis Presley)

When "Fantasy","One Sweet Day" and "Honey" debuted at #1 on the singles chart, Mariah became the artist with the most singles to debut at Number 1 in chart history. No other artist has achieved more than one #1 debut.

Of the 12 songs ever to debut @ #1 on the Billboard Charts, 3 of them were sung by Mariah Carey.

Mariah is also the only artist to have two consecutive #1 debuts on the singles chart ("Fantasy" and "One Sweet Day").

Mariah is the first and only female artist to have a single debut at #1.

Mariah is the first artist to have his or her first five singles go to #1. ("Vision Of Love","Love Takes Time","Someday","I Don't Wanna Cry" and "Emotions"). She later achieved another 5 consecutive No.1 Singles ("Fantasy","One Sweet Day","Always Be My Baby", "Honey", and "My All"); the only female artist to accomplish this feat.

With "Fantasy" and "One Sweet Day" selling over 2 million, Mariah is the only artist to have 2 consecutive singles sell over 2 million in the US.

Mariah has the most (10) platinum singles in the US by a female artist.

Mariah is one of 3 artists (and the only female) to receive the American Music award for Special Achievement (the other two awardees are (United States singer who began singing with his four brothers and later became a highly successful star during the 1980s (born in 1958)) Michael Jackson and (A male member of a royal family other than the sovereign (especially the son of a sovereign)) Prince).

Mariah is the only female artist to have 9 consecutive albums (Click link for more info and facts about RIAA) RIAA- certified for at least 3 million copies sold.

The music video for Heartbreaker costed over $3 million making it the most expensive female video in history (it is third overall to "Thriller" and " (Sharp piercing cry) Scream", both by Michael Jackson)

In the US, Mariah Carey, (United States pop singer and sex symbol during the 1980s (born in 1958)) Madonna, (Click link for more info and facts about Britney Spears) Britney Spears, (Click link for more info and facts about Céline Dion) Céline Dion, , (Click link for more info and facts about Whitney Houston) Whitney Houston, (Click link for more info and facts about Shania Twain) Shania Twain, (Click link for more info and facts about Alanis Morissette) Alanis Morissette, and the (Click link for more info and facts about Dixie Chicks) Dixie Chicks are the only female artists with multiple Diamond (shipped over 10 million copies) albums.

With only 15 years in the music industry Mariah has the following RIAA achievments: Albums, 74 certifications (as of April 2005); singles, 33 certications (as of April 2005); total: 108 certifications.

RIAA Certifications: Album (14 gold, 14 platinum, 9 multi-platinum, 2 Diamond Awards); singles (22 gold, 10 platinum, 2 mutli-platinum).

5 No. 1 albums (3 debuts at No. 1) tied with (United States pop singer and sex symbol during the 1980s (born in 1958)) Madonna and (Click link for more info and facts about Janet Jackson) Janet Jackson, behind (United States singer and actress (born in 1942)) Barbra Streisand, with 8 No. 1 albums.

Mariah Carey is the third biggest-selling female artist in the United States (behind (United States singer and actress (born in 1942)) Barbra Streisand and (United States pop singer and sex symbol during the 1980s (born in 1958)) Madonna).

Mariah Carey is the biggest selling international Artist in Japan

TriviaMariah is philanthropist who has donated millions of dollars to organizations such as The make a wish foundation, the National Adoption Center, the Fresh Air Fund among many others.

Mariah's self titled debut album debuted on the Top 200 Album charts in June 1990 at #80. It reached #1 on March of 1991 where it stayed for 11 weeks.

Mariah has recorded three of her songs in (The Romance language spoken in most of Spain and the countries colonized by Spain) Spanish: "Hero" ("Heroe"), "Open Arms" ("El Amor Que Sone") and "My All" ("Mi Todo").

Mariah's first public singing appearance was in 1976, when she was only 6 years old.

At the start of her career, Mariah suffered from (Fear that affects a person about to face an audience) stage fright.

Mariah is tall: 5 foot 9 inches by most reports.

Mariah's performance trademark is making fluttering motions with her left hand while she sings. Voice teachers have commented that this actually helps one's singing technique.

In the 1996 Grammy Awards Mariah was nominated for 6 awards. She did not win any awards that year and that marked the last time that she made an appearance at the show in the hopes of collecting any awards. She has been nominated over 20 times but has only managed to win two in 1991.

Her religion: (A member of the Episcopal church) Episcopalian.

Mariah directed her first video, "Fantasy" in 1995.

Mariah advertised (Makeup that is used to color the lips) lipstick in (A constitutional monarchy occupying the Japanese Archipelago; a world leader in electronics and automobile manufacture and ship building) Japan.

Mariah used to think that her right side looked better, because she has a mole on her left. She has out grown that now.

Mariah's favorite singers are (Click link for more info and facts about Aretha Franklin) Aretha Franklin and (Click link for more info and facts about Stevie Wonder) Stevie Wonder.

Mariah has stated that she dislikes her #1 single "I Don't Wanna Cry" and tries to sing it as rarely as possible.

Mariah will be launching clothing and accessories lines and plans to pen a series of childrens' books soon.