Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Has anyone been to the Anse Chastanet, St Lucia?

Search this Thread

Old 21 May 2005, 10:59 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone been to the Anse Chastanet, St Lucia?

It looks like this is where i'm going to be booking for the honeymoon.

http://www.ansechastanet.com/

Just wondered if anyone else had been there?
Old 22 May 2005, 08:13 AM
Gymbal
Scooby Regular

Yep, last december (when John Malkovich was there also!) Chalets beatiful the superior ones have fantastic views to the Pitons. Close to airport roads fair but improving. Two exclusive beaches, NO hassles from vendors. Food magnificent (actually a scouser who used to run a michelin starred restaurant in London. Absolutely awesome food, the deserts were the best I have ever eaten, and not just hyperbole. Diving was great. The downside are steps, steps, steps, 358 from beach to our chalet (and not the highest chalet). Sad that I counted, but pushing a 28 week pregnant women up was amusing. Do not forget things for the beach! cont.
Old 22 May 2005, 08:18 AM
Gymbal
Scooby Regular

cont. Lastly the chalets were gorgeous, but the cicada/ frogs wow. If on honeymoon you will notsleep much.. No windows just slats. You will wake up early. was n't actually a problem. Overall awesome and would go back. Have bay been to Rodney Bay also and AS is so much better. Almost zero nightlife, bands and singers every night but no clubbing! Extremely chilled holiday. good choice, good luck!
Old 22 May 2005, 10:30 AM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Went to the Hilton on St Lucia last year (cant remember the name), Didn't like the Island, too much of the French influence for me.
Barbados is the by far the best Caribbean Island ive been too. In fact I leave to go back on the 18th June
Old 22 May 2005, 04:55 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gymbal
cont. Lastly the chalets were gorgeous, but the cicada/ frogs wow. If on honeymoon you will notsleep much.. No windows just slats. You will wake up early. was n't actually a problem. Overall awesome and would go back. Have bay been to Rodney Bay also and AS is so much better. Almost zero nightlife, bands and singers every night but no clubbing! Extremely chilled holiday. good choice, good luck!
Thank you for your detailed reply.

I'm going to get into training going up and down the stairs at home 20 times every evening!
Old 22 May 2005, 07:00 PM
Gymbal
Scooby Regular

If you pm me I have a few photos of the resort (non psycho honest!) I will email them. If not you will be pleasantly surprised
looking through the photos (fondly) I remember we took photos (!) of the food, it was that good. I also remember the beech is full of hammocks, so chilled. The staff come round and ask if you would like drinks, you have to leave a flag outside your beech shack/shade!
Old 22 May 2005, 07:17 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gymbal
If you pm me I have a few photos of the resort (non psycho honest!) I will email them. If not you will be pleasantly surprised
looking through the photos (fondly) I remember we took photos (!) of the food, it was that good. I also remember the beech is full of hammocks, so chilled. The staff come round and ask if you would like drinks, you have to leave a flag outside your beech shack/shade!
You have PM.