Honeymoon in St Lucia

Search this Thread

Old 19 May 2004, 07:45 PM
Sub97
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Honeymoon in St Lucia

Hi,

I am trying to sort out my honeymoon for next June (2005) - early, I know! We have decided that we would like to go to the Carribean. At the moment we are looking at staying at St James Club Morgan Bay, St Lucia. This is an all inclusive deal. Has anyone been to this resort, and if so, what did you think?

I've been told by someone that the all inclusive resorts that arent Sandals ones, aren't as good. Things like having to be stamped when you've had a meal so you dont have more than one, crappy free drinks etc. Can anyone shed any light on this please?

This is going to cost (for me anyway) quite a bit of money, and I dont want to save a few hundred quid going here rather than a Sandals one, if it's not going to be up to much.

Cheers

Steve
Old 19 May 2004, 08:23 PM
R.B
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Ive been to Sandals St lucia it was nice but it dont beat the Maldives mate.
Old 19 May 2004, 08:37 PM
Herts T555 Bird
Scooby Newbie

Hello

My husband and I went to St Lucia in May last year to get married (funnily enough its our year aniversary today!) and we stayed at the Rendevous Resort. I can honestly say it was the most beautiful place I have ever been on holiday. Also, its a couples only resort, so you are guarenteed piece and quite as no kids are allowed.

All in all it cost us around £3000 for us both, all inclusive. The meals were fantastic, and we had unlimited bar use at any time of the day! No wrists bands needed which is also very handy! There are two restaurants on site, one of which is on the beach front and is buffet type restaurant, where everyday of the week they have a different type theme for dinner. ie sunday was roast, monday carribbean food, tuesday chinese etc etc. The other restaurant was an a la carte, and was also of a very high standard. You had to book for this one, but it is well worth it.

At this hotel all water sports are included in the price. There are plenty of things to do during the day, and also the hotel put on days out etc. But we didn't move out of the resort for a whole two weeks, as we had all we needed there!! The rooms are also really nice all with great views.

Whilst we were there we heard some VERY bad reports of the Sandals hotels. Apparently it was full of rowdy Americas, and the food was not of a very high standard. One couple we met out there had one week at Rendevous and the other at the Sandals, and they only stayed at the Sandals for two nights as they were that disappointed with it and returned to Rendevous for the rest of their holiday!

Hope this is a help. As I said I'd recommend the Rendevous to anyone that was looking at visiting St Lucia.
Old 20 May 2004, 09:17 AM
Sub97
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replies.

I've seen a few recommendations for Rendevous in St Lucia - I'm yet to find anyone say anything negative about it. I think I'm going to book it next week now. Anyone know the cheapest place for this too? So far Virginholidays.co.uk is the best I can find.

Thanks,

Steve
Old 20 May 2004, 09:26 AM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Well I honeymooned at rendezvouz 3 years ago and we loved it.

Adults only - so no brats around . very relaxed informal atmosphere. Its quite small and not the plushest or well-equipped place by any stretch of the imagination - but the people are very friendly. food was good and varied - certainly no stamping of hands or bollox when we there. - Just had 2 very chilled relaxing weeks. G&T on the terrace in the late afternoon - makes me smile just thinking about it.

Its twinnned with one the other all-inclusive resorts so you can eat there aswell for a change.

Hire a little jeep for the Day and drive round the island - much more fun than a sweaty tour mini-bus.

Deano
Old 20 May 2004, 09:26 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

http://www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk/

gives some good independant reviews on hotels if u enter the site and in the top left corner theres a drop down menu, scroll right too the bottom, rest of world - carribean

have fun
Old 20 May 2004, 10:50 AM
hail-hail
Scooby Regular

Myself and the good lady honeymooned in St Lucia 3 years, but I can't remember the name of the resort but is wasn't a Sandals and it was excellent, no stamping of the wrist or any of that nonsense as the place was pretty closed in. Drinks were proper brands if they were rare, if that makes sense i.e. the vodka was **** water, but they had Jack Daniels as there isn't a cheap alternative, the London Gin took hammering aswell (this also caused the nice flower display outside my apartment to take a hammering )

I will dig out the name of the place if you want.
Old 20 May 2004, 11:04 AM
Sub97
Scooby Regular

Great, thanks for all the info guys.

Looks like Rendezvous it is then.

Anyone recommend anywhere other than Virgin for booking it though?

Cheers

Steve
Old 20 May 2004, 04:51 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Im Off in two weeks, staying at the Jalouise Hilton Cant wait
Old 21 May 2004, 09:45 AM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

We went with Virgin - no complaints but neither does the service stand out.
Old 21 May 2004, 11:16 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

Maldives for me - hopefully...
Old 21 May 2004, 01:44 PM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know
Talking

Sandals in Chocolate Bay

i hear that there is now a third Sandals resort whcih means you can transfer and go to any of them as long as your return to your offical hotel at night