Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Parking issues:Council wont help..Anyone who could?

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2005, 01:23 PM
EVOVI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking issues:Council wont help..Anyone who could?

I live on an estate which is a mixture of council and private houses...We have a parking area for the 10 houses in our block and just off that garages for the houses.
A few months ago one resident bought a large caravanette,it is about the size as a 7.5 tonne lorry.He now leaves it parked in our parking area and it causes problems with getting into the parking area.There is just about enough space to get a car through.Council have said there are no restrictions on vehicle size so they cannot do anything.On the councils website there are some FAQs about parking and caravanetts are covered.They are allowed to park in a residential area as long as they are used everyday.I made a point of this and that this caravanette sits there for weeks without moving but the reply I got was they will only do anything if it has no road tax.
What can I do and who should I speak to with this issue??It is the councils regs but they wont do anything about it.
Not holding much hope there is anything else that can be done but it would be nice to see the back of this eysore..
Old 27 April 2005, 01:25 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

does it have tax?
Old 27 April 2005, 01:26 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you not talk to the owner - they might not see an issue with it .... until you tell them!

Pete
Old 27 April 2005, 01:27 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

If they are unreasonable, take the valves out the tyres.

Do it regular and the message will get through and they will move it to a more safer place

Pete
Old 27 April 2005, 03:17 PM
EVOVI
Scooby Regular

Yes it has tax and is all legal....
Owner is a **** so no chance of getting him to move it....Everyone hates him even 2 couples that recently moved in asked me what was up with him as he ignored them when they said hello...
I know 2 other people have been trying to get it moved but they have drawn blanks so this is really the last chance...
I will probably get caught if I tried anything naughty so I will give that a miss.
Old 27 April 2005, 03:19 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

...though going down the local young persons' pub and loudly talking about a flammable caravanette causing you problems is not different to announcing it on scoobynet, hey?
Old 27 April 2005, 03:31 PM
EVOVI
Scooby Regular

Funny you mention a flammable caravanette cause where it was parked over the weekend would have hampered the fire brigade getting to it to put it out...but unfortunatly it may leave a gap to small for a fire engine but cars can get past and that is all the council care about..Plus it is not a through road either..
Old 27 April 2005, 04:18 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Following on from the happy slap thread - Steal the vehicle and use a 3G phone to film your own version of "getaway in Stockholm"