Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Happy Slapping - wtf ?

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2005, 09:05 PM
Bartop
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Happy Slapping - wtf ?

I heard about this for the first time today on the radio ! What's that all about ?

How prevalant is it in your area ? Have you ever been 'slapped' ? Have you been sent the videos ?

What is the world coming to !
Old 26 April 2005, 11:28 PM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

my mates got a couple of the vid's on his mobile. theyre of this dude slapping people on a bus. and some guy walking down the pavement. he proper bitch-slaps them !! shouldnt laugh, but it is well funny
Old 26 April 2005, 11:38 PM
lpski1
Scooby Regular

slaps who?
Old 26 April 2005, 11:43 PM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

random people walking down the street. anyone. admittedly it would fu7k you right off if it happened to you but its so damn funny.
they did some near me in south east london. the dude walks up to one guy and asks the time, then as he looks at his watch he unleases a massive right handed slap right across his face
Old 26 April 2005, 11:47 PM
lpski1
Scooby Regular

that would be the last time, if he done it to me.
Old 26 April 2005, 11:54 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paul-s
random people walking down the street. anyone. admittedly it would fu7k you right off if it happened to you but its so damn funny.
they did some near me in south east london. the dude walks up to one guy and asks the time, then as he looks at his watch he unleases a massive right handed slap right across his face
I give up......
Old 27 April 2005, 10:59 AM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Mindless idots, short on adequate brain power to be able to find something more useful and creative to pass the time ~ IMHO
Old 27 April 2005, 11:13 AM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

They showed this on the local London news a couple of months back. It's little thugs, normally school kids, who slap total strangers on a street or bus while their mates video it on their mobile phones. Nothing funny about it at all. Anyone that finds it funny needs their head tested.
Any happy slapper that tries it with me is going to end up in hospital.
Old 27 April 2005, 11:15 AM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Is this a new name for random acts of assault then? I'll swap them a happy slap for a happy bunch of keys down the side of their face... we can all be happy together!

Old 27 April 2005, 11:27 AM
RB5 Paul
Scooby Regular

I saw one of those video's but they slapped some bloke with a traffic cone,funny as f*** but i wouldnt enjoy it myself lol
Old 27 April 2005, 11:29 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by ajm
Is this a new name for random acts of assault then? I'll swap them a happy slap for a happy bunch of keys down the side of their face... we can all be happy together!

lol my thoughts exactly but its easy for a single person to be intimitaded by a group of people.... but if I ever feel intimidated a single key does sit between finger on a clenched fist in my pocket, Im sure people will back off when they see piles of blood from a single punch fortunately not had to resort to anything like that though
Old 27 April 2005, 11:35 AM
Wish
Scooby Regular

I know its completey wrong and mindless. But its just making me chuckle reading this topic posted.

Whats the world comming too
Old 27 April 2005, 01:24 PM
STi-Frenchie
Scooby Regular

<shakes head in disbelief>

From the Guardian online:

In one video clip, labelled Bitch Slap, a youth approaches a woman at a bus stop and punches her in the face. In another, Knockout Punch, a group of boys wearing uniforms are shown leading another boy across an unidentified school playground before flooring him with a single blow to the head.
In a third, Bank Job, a teenager is seen assaulting a hole-in-the-wall customer while another youth grabs the money he has just withdrawn from the cash machine.

Article continues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the disturbing world of the "happy slappers" - a youth craze in which groups of teenagers armed with camera phones slap or mug unsuspecting children or passersby while capturing the attacks on 3g technology.
According to police and anti-bullying organisations, the fad, which began as a craze on the UK garage music scene before catching on in school playgrounds across the capital last autumn, is now a nationwide phenomenon.

And as the craze has spread from London to the home counties to the north of England, so the attacks have become more menacing, with increasing numbers of violent assaults and adult victims.

In London, British Transport police have investigated 200 happy slapping incidents in the past six months, with eight people charged with attacks at south London stations and bus stops in January alone.

The Metropolitan police have no overall figures but recorded a number of attacks in London boroughs earlier this year.

Following a spate of random attacks last December on pupils at Godolphin and Latymer girls' school in Hammersmith, west London, police posted extra officers in the area as a deterrent.

But as police have become more vigilant, so the gangs have become more sophisticated, seeking victims in parks or public areas where their crimes are unlikely to be spotted by the authorities or captured on CCTV.

Liz Carnell, the director of Bullying Online, a Yorkshire-based charity set up to combat bullying in schools, said that since the start of the year she has heard of increasing attacks both on children and on adults. But she fears many incidents are not reported.

"In most cases the worst that happens is a minor scratch or a bruised ego," she said.

"What the people behind these attacks have to understand is that technically they are committing an assault. And if they then upload the images on to the internet or a phone system they could be prosecuted for harassment."

What makes the attacks all the more bewildering is that many victims do not realise they have been happy slapped until after the event.

Earlier this month James Silver, 34, a freelance journalist, was attacked while jogging on the South Bank in London. While one youth blocked his path, another hit him with a rolled-up magazine.

When he spun around another teenager - who had been hiding behind nearby scaffolding - leapt out and hit him hard in the head. When he staggered to his feet he noticed the rest of the gang were jeering and pointing their mobile phones at him.

Silver admits that while the attack left his "ego smarting" he did not think it worth reporting. "At the end of the day I was unharmed but it was pretty shocking at the time," he said. "The worry is that while the bulk of the attacks are trivial, some of these youths could be carrying knives."

Earlier this year, schools in Lewisham, south London, and St Albans banned camera phones because of worries that the fad was leading to an increase in playground bullying.

In a comment recently posted on a London community web forum, "Happyslapper2" described the craze as a "joke", writing: "If you feel bored wen ur about an u got a video phone den bitch slap sum norman, innit."

However, in a sign of a gathering backlash, other forum members disagreed. "It's hardly a joke ... it's ****in rude and pea-brained," wrote "slappersidiots".

"If this happy slapping fad continues it will only be a matter of time before someone is seriously hurt," predicted another.
Old 27 April 2005, 01:29 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

What happens when they get bored? Happy stabbing? Happy shooting? Happy Raping? Happy Paedophilia? Happy Fraud? Happy Ethnic Cleansing? etc....
Old 27 April 2005, 01:31 PM
D70
BANNED

I'd like to have the opportunity to participate in the "happy slapping" phenomena.

I have my own idea called "happy CS Gas in the face"- unfortunately the more civilised populations of France and Spain don't do "happy slapping" so I have to put up with a life largely free of street crime and related bullsh1t.
Old 27 April 2005, 01:57 PM
TonyFlow
Scooby Regular

******* hell - if someone did that to me as a joke, I would be p!ssing my pants as I extracted their head from their neck (and then probably get prosecuted as they got off scot free)! What on earth will happen next!

Seems to me that since smacking of kids etc has been almost outlawed, the majority of kids nowadays are absolute *******!

When I was younger (not all that long ago - indeed I suppose at 24 I may still be considered a kid) we used to lark about, and set fires etc, at no point did we hurt anyone or anyones property!
Old 27 April 2005, 02:05 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

I suppose since the damage has already been done it wouldn't do any harm to take a peek at the footage... links please!
Old 27 April 2005, 02:24 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyFlow
When I was younger (not all that long ago - indeed I suppose at 24 I may still be considered a kid) we used to lark about, and set fires etc, at no point did we hurt anyone or anyones property!
(Bolding mine)

Is it just me, or is there something inherently contradictory about that sentence?
Old 27 April 2005, 02:25 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Tony, Exactly, Im 25 now but at 13-15 if I was slapping people for fun or doing anything like the youth of today get up to now Id be living in fear of being caught, my dad would have knocked my block off....
Old 27 April 2005, 02:31 PM
STi-Frenchie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ajm
I suppose since the damage has already been done it wouldn't do any harm to take a peek at the footage... links please!
Try google. It isn't hard to find. The footage is mindless violence and a very, very sad indictment of society today.
Old 27 April 2005, 02:35 PM
TonyFlow
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
(Bolding mine)

Is it just me, or is there something inherently contradictory about that sentence?

If bits of rubbish, old grass etc was anyones property then I was wrong, and did damage peoples property! Then of course, if you count the charred remain on the ground (waste area) as damage to property - then I am double guilty! Also, - at no point did I state they were lit anywhere (for all I said, I could have meant lighting an open fire )

I wasn't talking mahoosive great infernos, just ickle fires started with various methods taking from certain anarchists cookbook (the tennisball bomb and polystyrene napalm were particular favourites) - again, never hurt anyone or any property (apart from our own tennisballs etc)!

Also, we werent the cheeky ******* that kids are today - for fear of getting a reet kicking from people!

Last edited by TonyFlow; 27 April 2005 at 02:38 PM.
Old 27 April 2005, 02:42 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Oh how amusing. Let's hope the little ****** slap the wrong person in the face and end up getting a slap back. Though saying that the slappee will no doubt then be surrounded by chavs and be knifed to death, coz it's a bit of a laff innit.
Old 27 April 2005, 02:44 PM
scoobysti2005
Scooby Newbie

the guy slaps a women,
thats not right
Old 27 April 2005, 02:53 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by scoobysti2005
the guy slaps a women,
thats not right
Dont be so sexist, havent you heard of equal rights?
Old 27 April 2005, 03:09 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I think Markus may be right. In these days of "reeespect", if anyone retaliates, the original happy slapper (let us call him "*****" for short) will look dumb in front of his peers unless he takes control of the situation.

Try it with me and it'll be happy teeth extraction.
Old 27 April 2005, 03:31 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Talking

I have a policy on this - every time I see a chav I get my retaliation in first

(Note to self - get a video phone)
Old 27 April 2005, 03:56 PM
damian666
Scooby Regular

I have 3x 3gp files for anyone who wants to see WTF this is all about.

(they play in quicktime 6.5.2)

I myself am shocked this stuff goes on - I would go nuts!
Old 27 April 2005, 04:07 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I can see the headlines now "Loving youth gunned down in street" the actual story will be that a chav decided to happy slap the wrong person, who pulled out a gun and did what we all wish we could do to chavs, and shoot the little scum bag. But of course the guy who was assulted (hmm, now there's a thought, perform a citizen's arrest on the little **** for assult) would be hyped up to be such a lovely chap, not the usual chav like little scum who goes around assulting people for fun.

Do you think we could get away with "Happy Chav Extermination" or "Happy Chav Sterilization" (though the second one is a harder game to play, seeing as they have already impregnanted numerous chavettes by the time they are 12. As for the former, we'd have to catch them really early and might end up getting someone innocent, but in any war there are always civillian casualties)

I'm ready to play that game, who else fancies it?
Old 27 April 2005, 04:09 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by damian666
I have 3x 3gp files for anyone who wants to see WTF this is all about.

(they play in quicktime 6.5.2)

I myself am shocked this stuff goes on - I would go nuts!
Links!
Old 27 April 2005, 04:24 PM
damian666
Scooby Regular

Erm, where can I host them? Usually I would just post them on my website, but its offline!