Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Have I been very lucky?

Search this Thread

Old 17 April 2005, 05:32 PM
Crispy Autumn
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Have I been very lucky?

I was coming back on M18 this morning, going a bit quicker than I should, was too late when I saw the camera van but as I went by it pulled off. Just wondered if they could have got me, or if I have now learnt my lesson, of course.
Old 17 April 2005, 05:44 PM
Richard_P
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Crispy Autumn
but as I went by it pulled off.
Do you mean it was driving at the time? they dont usually have the camera operated while driving, that would be strange.

If the van was moving you won't be caught.
Old 17 April 2005, 06:47 PM
Crispy Autumn
Scooby Newbie

As I had gone by I noticed it driving off
Old 17 April 2005, 08:04 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

They had packed up for the day and were heading off for a brew. You are completely in the clear
Old 17 April 2005, 08:46 PM
4X4BOB
Scooby Regular

Yes you're in the clear, but not as lucky as I was when Southbound on the M18....

Was heading South From the M62 down the M18 and had taken the slip at around a 100 and was accelerating down the 18 when I paranoia made me suspicious of a plain white Jag in the middle lane and slowed back down to 120 as I pulled alongside. Looking accross to the Jag I see a young woman with short dark almost spikey hair driving with 3 male passengers in suits so thinks to myself "they're not coppers" so hit the loud pedal. A few seconds later as I'm doing around 140 I notice in my mirror that the Jag has moved to the outside lane as if following me, but its getting further back by the second. Its then that I see the blue flashing lights in the front grill / bumper and my @rsehole starts to quiver and thoughts of losing my licence fill my head
The roads clear so I hit the brakes and pull straight over to the hardshoulder, but as my 6pots were far superior to the Jags brakes, as they were pulling onto the hardshoulder behind me, they had to swerve back into lane 1 to avoid rear ending me. On seeing the impending rear end shunt I had floored it again to give them a bit more space and it ends up with me driving down the hard shoulder and them alongside in lane 1. As I look to my right, the bloke in the front passenger seat is flashing his police warrant card thingy at me and mouthing the words "SLOW FECKING DOWN" as he points to the ground with his other hand. [he didn't look to happy either!]
In a startled rabbit mode I nod my head and wave an acknowlegment to him.
The jag then speeds off and I head to the nearest newsagent to buy a lottery ticket!
Now although the Jag prob didn't have any means of recording my actual speed, I'm sure the Judge would have taken the word of 3 coppers as evidence.
A few weeks later I sold the scoob as it had made me realise I would either end up banned or dead if I kept the car as I would regularly drive at speeds of up to 160 on a daily basis.

Still got a clean licence

Bob aka lucky barsteward

NOTE: It is illegal, stupid, irresponsible and down right dangerous to drive at those speeds and I do not condone such speeding.
I do not do those speeds any more, honestly

Last edited by 4X4BOB; 17 April 2005 at 08:49 PM.
Old 17 April 2005, 09:33 PM
Crispy Autumn
Scooby Newbie

Me neither I dont have a Scoob, also I was actually on the M180, must have got there quicker than I thought also feeling very lucky, hope nothing comes in the post though
Old 23 April 2005, 01:20 PM
Crispy Autumn
Scooby Newbie

Well I wasn't lucky, got the penalty notice through today least I wasn't going as quick as I thought.