Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Police advice, and strange going ons!!

Search this Thread

Old 21 March 2005, 11:02 AM
STI @ 21
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Police advice, and strange going ons!!

Morning One and all,

Am hoping some of our fellow enthusiasts who were the blue uniform can help with this one. What are the legalities of a flame kit??

Before everyone starts off on one, I know that they are illegal, and I know that they also show that the car is probably decatted, and hence illegal again, but my question is what is the official line on having one on your car.

The reason I ask is I am wondering if you have one on your car, but have it disabled, e.g. turned off, or one of the connecting plugs cut/unplugged, can the police still use it as resonable evidence to pull you over if they just see the spark plug attached to the pipe.

This isn't a thread to ask if I should get one as I already do, however unlike some boy racers in novas I wish to use mine at shows only, when it is safe to do so, therefore would have to keep it on, but have it disabled.

Also another question I had a marked ford mondeo police car come pass me on the M25 last night (midnight or so) doing in the region of 110+ (was cruising back from up North at around 90mph) without any blues on. I then backed off down to about 75, whilst he pulled in front of me and proceeded to pull a car in front who seemed to have a dodgy light or something. So I went past, and carried on, but about 3 minutes if not less later he then comes pass me again, stupid speed again no blues, and pulls in front before going off at the next junction. Again carry on before I see headlights closing on me fast from behind, am still only doing 75 80 ish, and again he comes pass, and goes in front slowing down before heading off up the next junction again. Anyways carry on again thinking this is very strange, headlights come up again behind and sit about 500 m or so back so carry on to the next junction which is mine, and go off, see the police car come pass on the motorway whilst I was heading up the slip road.

Seems very strange to me, was he trying to get me to bite and thinking he had gone, put the foot down, and then get pulled at 90+, either way don't quite seem legal for the police to be doing that sort of speed without good reason.

Cheers for all the responses, and slagging off I will probably get from this.

Chris
Old 21 March 2005, 11:11 AM
Pauleds2
Scooby Regular

Try www.5ive-o.com real good bunch, free to join,good advice.
Old 21 March 2005, 11:20 AM
LIDDO
Scooby Regular

He's seeing if you were gonna take the bait! Hanley on here raced (not knowingly) an unmarked Mondeo the other week up to 130+, and the nice Policeman just flashed his rear blue lights at him, and took off! Think he was doing a 100+ for no reason too when he shot passed Hanley! Naughty Boy
Old 21 March 2005, 11:32 AM
STI @ 21
Scooby Regular

It doesn't make sense surely there is a law about police baiting the public?
Old 21 March 2005, 11:38 AM
LIDDO
Scooby Regular

PaulEDS should know! Come on Mr, what do you think????
Old 21 March 2005, 11:51 AM
Moray
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STI @ 21
It doesn't make sense surely there is a law about police baiting the public?
Unfortunately its your word against the Police! I think you dont stand a chance basically as you were speeding. Sounds like nice easy earner if they bait you and give you hefty fine, possible ban and imprisonment to get your *** reamed by some six foot hard nut.

Last edited by Moray; 21 March 2005 at 11:53 AM.
Old 21 March 2005, 11:59 AM
STI @ 21
Scooby Regular

One of the main reasons why I didn't take the bait!!!

Think we should all get cameras fitted to our cars, and then we can film them and show the courts how the police catch some people.

Motorways are one of the easiest places to speed, but are often the main place you will get caught, the amount of unmarked police cars I have heard about makes you think that after a shift in the office finishing off all the paper work the police go out and have a game of see who can catch the person at the highest speed!!

Please don't get me wrong I think the job they do is great, and am always respectfull on the 3 times I have been pulled over since I past my test 6 years ago, just think sometimes the law especially the speedi limits etc need some looking at to bring it up to today's world.
Old 21 March 2005, 12:12 PM
Moray
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STI @ 21
One of the main reasons why I didn't take the bait!!!

Think we should all get cameras fitted to our cars, and then we can film them and show the courts how the police catch some people.

Motorways are one of the easiest places to speed, but are often the main place you will get caught, the amount of unmarked police cars I have heard about makes you think that after a shift in the office finishing off all the paper work the police go out and have a game of see who can catch the person at the highest speed!!

Please don't get me wrong I think the job they do is great, and am always respectfull on the 3 times I have been pulled over since I past my test 6 years ago, just think sometimes the law especially the speedi limits etc need some looking at to bring it up to today's world.
Yeh, I agree I have been done twice for speeding on motorway at 10 mph over limit -> Such a bad boy, I felt I was as bad as a granny mugger. Is it harder to catch a granny mugger who is probably a doley, and has no money to pay fine or a speeder in a nice Scooby probably with decent job mmmmmmmmmm I wonder.
Old 21 March 2005, 12:46 PM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

i just dont know how these types of policemen can sleep at night knowing theyre persecuting innocent motorists...
Old 21 March 2005, 12:55 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

If the police can "bait" ppl into doing 130 then either the police are VERY clever or the driver is VERY stupid.

T
Old 21 March 2005, 01:14 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

Wink

You could always pull the handbrake on

That way he'll plough into you and will have a lot of explaining to do. lol!
Old 21 March 2005, 01:53 PM
STI @ 21
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the advice, sadly fairly empty M25, so dare say he would be able to get aroud that one. Thing was he didn't appear to be baiting me!!!

He wasn't up my ****, or pulling alongside level, and he was in a full stickered up Police car so was pretty obvious he was a cop car!!

Unlike some others, I won't take the bait unless I know exactly who I am racing, as in look very closely at the car/driver!!
Old 21 March 2005, 03:40 PM
Moray
Scooby Regular

Better still dont race anyone as you cannot trust the other driver wont plough into, no matter how good a driver you might be. Get on the racetrack as makes u learn car handling quickly and makes u better road driver especially in adverse condition
Old 21 March 2005, 04:01 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

probably just a training exercise for the advanced driver course.
Old 21 March 2005, 04:03 PM
Krade
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johnfelstead
probably just a training exercise for the advanced driver course.

Thats what they always say
Old 21 March 2005, 04:27 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

maybe because it's true. You cant learn that kind of driving in a classroom.
Old 21 March 2005, 04:32 PM
STI @ 21
Scooby Regular

I ain't beliving the track idea, it is to controlled in that kinda environment, and you have a really nice smooth surface not like the m25 with the lorry grooves etc!!

Anyways am not claiming to be a good driver, just a fairly carefull one, who at 23 (21 When I got the car) is paying enough insurance for the privelege of driving an STI 8, that he ain't about to get caught for anything stupid!!