Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

some ar$e has taken the time to...

Search this Thread

Old 11 March 2005, 07:40 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts
Red face some ar$e has taken the time to...

...report me to the police for careless driving. I remember the incident as i saw the bloke writing my registration down on his rep pad stuck to his windscreen and gesturing in a non-friendly manner. Bad lane choice on my part, but I was indicating and nowhere near the other car. I have a form to fill out and send off to traffic in Chigwell. Advice please!!
Old 11 March 2005, 07:41 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ignore it, unless they have an independent witness they can't do a damn thing.
Old 11 March 2005, 07:59 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Funny story.

Last night on the way home i hit a contraflow on the M180 and its down to 50mph.Having 6 points already i aint taking chances so i slowed down to 40 (badly calibrated camera's etc).This white van comes screaming up my ar$e then starts flashing me,"F*ck off" mate i think,i'm not speeding up so back off!!!Flashes more so i decide to slow down even more "that'll show him".Anyway this carries on for a while,window down,hand signs etc,etc,he beeps his horn.
Anyway,the contraflow ends and he speeds off not before i take his registration.......

..then i realised,i hadnt turned my headlights on........doh!!!.
Regacy
Scooby Regular

don't drive like an **** next time?
trails
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV
Ignore it, unless they have an independent witness they can't do a damn thing.
do you mean fill it in post it and forget it or just ignore it full stop?

advice from one of our resident feds would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11 March 2005, 08:04 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Regacy
don't drive like an **** next time?
as i said bad choice, but nowhere near the other car and i did wave to apologise...not that any of that matters 'cause i have an impreza therefore i must have been driving like an ar$e
Old 11 March 2005, 08:05 PM
Regacy
Scooby Regular

how many fingers did you wave? ;-)
Old 11 March 2005, 08:07 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Regacy
how many fingers did you wave? ;-)
why all five digits of course
Old 11 March 2005, 08:16 PM
shaunywrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by trails
as i said bad choice, but nowhere near the other car and i did wave to apologise...not that any of that matters 'cause i have an impreza therefore i must have been driving like an ar$e
You think people take offence at scooby's, i'm fortunate enough to have access to two modern Porche's and two Scooby's, i can't drive anywhere without people giving me the finger for no reason at all, i may start riding a pushbike, see if they still do it, then i'll know for sure it's me they seem to hate and not the car's.
Old 11 March 2005, 10:41 PM
micared
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by shaunywrx
You think people take offence at scooby's, i'm fortunate enough to have access to two modern Porche's and two Scooby's, i can't drive anywhere without people giving me the finger for no reason at all, i may start riding a pushbike, see if they still do it, then i'll know for sure it's me they seem to hate and not the car's.
Best duck if you see me coming then, I throw the apple core from my lunch at cyclists when I'm on my way home from work. Tax dodging, holier that thou b4stards cluttering up the roads, can't bloody stand 'em! . If it happens to be you though, it's nothing personal!
Old 11 March 2005, 10:50 PM
shaunywrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by micared
Best duck if you see me coming then, I throw the apple core from my lunch at cyclists when I'm on my way home from work. Tax dodging, holier that thou b4stards cluttering up the roads, can't bloody stand 'em! . If it happens to be you though, it's nothing personal!
As long as it's an organic, corn fed, vegetarian, free range, lead free, lesbian, ethnic minority, no artificial colouring's, eec conforming, fair trade apple that'll be o.k!
Old 12 March 2005, 07:56 AM
elgordano
Scooby Regular

what have you got to hide?
if you were not driving dangerously then write down what happened and send it back.
Old 12 March 2005, 08:36 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Thats the best advice-just deny everything, but you should reply.

Les
Old 12 March 2005, 08:46 AM
richieh
Scooby Regular

dear sir
please incriminate yourself by filling in the following form which we will use against you in court.
failure to comply will result in immediate detention without charge, trial ,judge or jury under the prevention of terrorism laws as you are obviously a danger to the general public.

richie
Old 12 March 2005, 09:10 AM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

Fill in the form and tell them "what happened". You pulled into a gap in front of a guy in a repmobile who was on the phone drinking a coffee. He panicked dropped the phone in his coffee and reported you out of spite.....
Old 12 March 2005, 12:42 PM
micared
Scooby Regular

Forget about it, they won't pursue it.....how can they, it's one persons word against another. Edited to add that if, by some miracle, you don't respond and they get in touch, say you didn't receive the form. If it wasn't registered post, they can't disprove that. In all honesty though, I'd throw the form in the bin and get on with things in my life that mattered, this doesn't.

Last edited by micared; 12 March 2005 at 12:48 PM.
Old 12 March 2005, 12:50 PM
micared
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=shaunywrx]As long as it's an organic, corn fed, vegetarian, free range, lead free, lesbian, ethnic minority, no artificial colouring's, eec conforming, fair trade apple that'll be o.k![/QUOTE

Shaun, I wouldn't dream of buying any other type, so rest easy!
Old 12 March 2005, 01:12 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

I've had this a few times whilst driving my old banger Cavalier although whilst not driving my Audi i definetly think it depends on what car your driving and i'm afraid to say a lot of people think that if you drive a Scoob you must be a boy racer or a chav!

Do what i do if anyone writes down your reg stick two fingers up at 'em and tell 'em to f*** off these are the same people who have nothing better to do than spend all day writing letters to supermarkets or the electrical store complaing about service or whatever - these are also the same people who always know a senior copper - bulls**t! - the same politically correct people who read the Guardian and think they are a cut above the rest.

Dont worry about it unless its a copper!
Old 12 March 2005, 01:18 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

If it wasn't sent recorded then ignore it.

What letter officer?
Old 14 March 2005, 01:06 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

thanks for the replies guys...i've since been back and checked the road layout I am happy that the lane markings fully vindicate my manoeuvre!!

Any of 5-0 on line today to give opinion\advice?

Cheers,
ian
Old 14 March 2005, 02:02 PM
blueone
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't worry to much. I once had someone say to the police that I had knocked someone off their pushbike!
I approached a crossroads junction, indicated to turn right. Turned right into a narrow road with parked cars on the O/side, drove along a bit and saw an old bloke laying inbetween two parked cars with his bike next to him. I naturally stopped and got out to check he was ok. A pedestrian walks up as well. We try to revive the old guy but get no response. So considerring his age and size check his pockets for medicine. We find something for anginea. The other bloke gives him a couple of squirts of this spray and he starts to come round. By now a crowd has formed. Someone calls the police and they turn up, start asking what happened. One woman pipes up with 'he knocked the guy off his bike' WTF! She did not turn up at the scene for 5 minutes, so HTF she would of known why he was on the ground beats me. The police officer asks me what happened. I said 'I turned the corner and he had just fallen off his bike' meaning it looked like he had fallen off his bike just before I came along! The police officer then asks her did you see him knock the guy from his bike? She then bows her head and says no. FFFT. Some people I tell ya. In the end the police smell alcohol on the guys breath and the green behind the gills probationer says to the other copper shall we breatherlise him, drunk in charge of a bike he wanted to do him for! I tell ya, you have to watch what you say, and how you say it, as some ******** will inadvertantly land you in it given half the chance.