Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Horizon - BBC2 now - how unbelievably stupid are some people...

Search this Thread

Old 04 November 2004, 09:43 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where were these people from? I don't know why, but I get the feeling it's going to be the US, dunno why.

I feel sorry for the kid, (s)he's going to need quite a bit of therapy to deal with this, if (s)he can at all.
Old 04 November 2004, 09:53 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

He committed suicide. What a sad story.
Old 04 November 2004, 09:57 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

It's sad to hear he killed himself, poor chap must have been totally messed up. There are some things you should not research and this is one of them. I can't see any real benefit to the world at large from this research project, apart from attempting to further the carrear of some scientist who really needs a swift injection of ebola.

** edit **

Canada eh? now that is interesting, I'll have to do a little digging into this. Don't suppose you have the name of the scientist to hand do you?
Old 04 November 2004, 10:03 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Just reading the horizon website on this.

So, kids and parents were Canadian (born in winnipeg), from the looks of the article (once a year they would visit Dr Money in Balitmore) the Dr was a yank.

I think the parents should be ashamed of what they did, as well as the Dr. How could a parent really do that to a child? ok so his ***** was burnt off, but that doesn't mean he had to be raised a girl.
Old 04 November 2004, 10:06 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Each to their own.
Old 04 November 2004, 10:07 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Bob, do agree with you, having now read the article on it, think the closing statement sums it up:

Dr Money argues that he cannot be held to blame because David did not accept a female gender identity. He says that the family delayed making a decision until their son was almost two, just before the gender gate was about to shut. Others, however, argue that he could have admitted he made a mistake when the case clearly was not working, for he continued to let people believe that it had been successful long after he had stopped seeing Brenda and she had become David. It is, perhaps above all, a cautionary tale of what may happen when a scientist falls in love with a beautiful theory and ignores the ugly facts.

Looks like another chip in from scoobynet to hire a hit on a yank lol
Old 04 November 2004, 11:18 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Also a little insight of how this never needed to have happened- in America and Canada the public are led to believe that male children need to be circumcised for no real reason (medical or religious) for sake of "hygiene".

If this medically unfounded brainwashing hadn't have happened then the case of what happened to Brian, Benda or whatever would never have happened. - Unless they were Jewish, or there really was a true medical condition, which apprently, in most cases are wrongly diagnosed anyway.