Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Orange mobile users!

Search this Thread

Old 12 October 2004, 10:41 AM
King Eric
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Orange mobile users!

Just a heads up for Orange contract users.

I previously had a P900 on Orange which I swapped for a K700i about a month ago. The K700 was useless and I paid £50.00 on an upgrade for it.

So I sent it back-and then complained. Eventually some idiot in the upgrades department had a row with me and said I was stupid not to have kept the P900 (I know hes right!) but I wanted a smaller more compact phone for a change.

Anyway....I said I was not accepting his attitude and he told me If I wanted a P910 (the new one) after I sent the K700 back it would cost me a further £250.00. I simply asked to speak to whoever cancels the contracts and he said he would put me through.

After waiting for 20 minutes (at this point I was already looking at new tariffs on other networks on the net) I spoke to a lad who was 20 times more polite and certainly more customer focused.

We chatted about the dilemma and I explained I simply wanted a P900 again (I could claim on the insurance to replace the old one-he said) and we discussed my options. Put me on hold for 3 minutes and came back and said "Sir, I will refund you your £50.00 for the K700i within 28 days and you can have a brand new P910 sent out to you tommorow. How does that suite your needs?!"....I fell off the chair.

Phone arrived in one day.

He tells me that Orange have a new loyality policy for their customers where you simply gain credits based on what you spend (obvious really) but he said it is amazing how many people dont ask or try to get a good deal.

Moral of the story is, upgrade department try to shaft you-customer "retention" department will give you the earth for you to stay!

Great service Orange!
Old 12 October 2004, 10:44 AM
djuk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by King Eric
Just a heads up for Orange contract users.

I previously had a P900 on Orange which I swapped for a K700i about a month ago. The K700 was useless and I paid £50.00 on an upgrade for it.

So I sent it back-and then complained. Eventually some idiot in the upgrades department had a row with me and said I was stupid not to have kept the P900 (I know hes right!) but I wanted a smaller more compact phone for a change.

Anyway....I said I was not accepting his attitude and he told me If I wanted a P910 (the new one) after I sent the K700 back it would cost me a further £250.00. I simply asked to speak to whoever cancels the contracts and he said he would put me through.

After waiting for 20 minutes (at this point I was already looking at new tariffs on other networks on the net) I spoke to a lad who was 20 times more polite and certainly more customer focused.

We chatted about the dilemma and I explained I simply wanted a P900 again (I could claim on the insurance to replace the old one-he said) and we discussed my options. Put me on hold for 3 minutes and came back and said "Sir, I will refund you your £50.00 for the K700i within 28 days and you can have a brand new P910 sent out to you tommorow. How does that suite your needs?!"....I fell off the chair.

Phone arrived in one day.

He tells me that Orange have a new loyality policy for their customers where you simply gain credits based on what you spend (obvious really) but he said it is amazing how many people dont ask or try to get a good deal.

Moral of the story is, upgrade department try to shaft you-customer "retention" department will give you the earth for you to stay!

Great service Orange!
Interesting to know, Ive been with orange about 5 years now and the impression I have always got is that they really don't care about how long you've been with them or how much you spend you're not getting any hint of a slightly better deal for your loyalty.

Although saying this, Im sure I can remember back at the beginning they were quite good...

David
Old 12 October 2004, 10:48 AM
little miss fire
Scooby Regular

I've had this with Orange too, when they were offering a better contract to new customers then existing ones. If you kick up a fuss and threaten to leave, they will give you almost anything!!!!

I didn't like my Ericson phone i upgraded to, so it 'broke' and they sent me the Nokia I then wanted
Old 12 October 2004, 10:54 AM
djuk
Scooby Regular

In fact, the joystick on my SE T610 has gone to joystick heaven after just 10 months so I may have a whinge
Old 12 October 2004, 10:54 AM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

I'd say that's going beyond the call of duty replacing your phones because you'd decided you didn't like them after you'd chosen them. Imagine if we could do that with everything

fair play though
Old 12 October 2004, 10:56 AM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

When I last upgraded my Orange phone, I spoke to a very polite guy, but he told me that the 'deals' were always stacked in the favour of people starting new contracts.

So that people who have been with them for years would get a raw deal.

I'm glad it's changing, but I don't need/can't upgrade until Feruary anyway!
Old 12 October 2004, 11:08 AM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

I've had a similar situation with Orange. I was on the phone to some t*sser who basically said "we can't do that" to everything I asked for. Eventually I said "ok, I'm sick of this - put me through to someone who can cancel all my contract phones (all 30 of them )".

10 minutes later I was phoned back by a different guy who had quite the reverse attitude. Everything I asked for he said yes to, straight away.

Old 12 October 2004, 11:20 AM
Lord Of The Bling...
Scooby Regular

well of course a new P910 will cost you £250, its only been out one week, and you just sell your old P900, as thats your old phone now.

probelm solved.
Old 12 October 2004, 11:21 AM
IanW
Scooby Regular

Great service Orange!
Yup I came across this last week, I had a Motorola v600, where the sound quality was diabolical, I could not hear a thing anyone was saying to me. I called Orange and got through to the faults department who told me it was faulty (like i didn't know that ) and that they would send me out a new v600 that day.

I told them that I didn't want a new v600, a few minutes of debating and i said I would just buy myself out of my contract, so I can get a decent handset if needed. Got put through to the customer retention department, a couple of minutes call with a nice young lady, and I have got myself a nice new Nokia 6230 which works perfectly!

OK so my average bill is normally £300 - £400 a month but it is nice to know that some companies do still take the effort to keep customers.
Old 12 October 2004, 11:28 AM
Sonic_Danny
Scooby Regular

Orange are a great Mobile Phone company!!!!

Never bother with Vodafone they are sh1te!
Old 12 October 2004, 11:43 AM
TDT
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by Sonic_Danny
Never bother with Vodafone they are sh1te!
Tell me about it. Just rang them about an upgrade 'cause I'm getting bored of my T610. Woman on the other end reckoed I should be eligable for a free upgrade 'cause I spend so much (avg bill is about £800 a month). They've told me to go into a Vodafone shop 'cause they don't do upgrades over the phone any more. Eh?

I think I might give Orange a try........
Old 12 October 2004, 11:57 AM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

I'm just about to upgrade my Orange T610, wonder if I can get a free P910?
Old 12 October 2004, 11:58 AM
little miss fire
Scooby Regular

Will NEVER go with Vodafone - currently battling with them about undue line rental that they want to charge us. It will go to court if necessary!!!
Old 12 October 2004, 12:14 PM
King Eric
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lord Of The Bling...
well of course a new P910 will cost you £250, its only been out one week, and you just sell your old P900, as thats your old phone now.

probelm solved.
Well there was no need! They sent me a FREE P910 and I can sell the P900.

Fork me. I'm done
Old 12 October 2004, 12:31 PM
TDT
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobychick
I'm just about to upgrade my Orange T610, wonder if I can get a free P910?
'kin hell!

Just spoken to someone else at Vodafone to have a moan and low and behold my P910i is coming tomorrow.

Cost to me: £0

Perhaps they ain't so bad after all!

Last edited by TDT; 12 October 2004 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12 October 2004, 12:56 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Hehe they must've read this thread !!
Old 12 October 2004, 12:59 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TDT
'kin hell!

Just spoken to someone else at Vodafone to have a moan and low and behold my P910i is coming tomorrow.

Cost to me: £0

Perhaps they ain't so bad after all!
Snap! P910i on it's way to me also for tomorrow! not much of a step up from my P900 but it will do!
Old 12 October 2004, 01:20 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by little miss fire
Will NEVER go with Vodafone - currently battling with them about undue line rental that they want to charge us. It will go to court if necessary!!!
I had a similar problem with Vodafone, albeit through Dialaphone. They were making undue charges which I could prove were wrong so I told them to take me to court for it. They didn't bother, oh no, they sold the 'debt' to a collection agency who sent round monkeys to collect my stuff..

Only finally got it sorted because the insurers who covered my phone for theft agreed to pay out to cover the losses, even though they could see it was a problem with dialaphone's policy and nothing to do with me.

I'm still with Vodafone as we speak but will be cancelling the contract this christmas and changing. Significantly because Voda have a policy of disabling all the best features on the newest handsets on the market and no-one else seems to do that.
Old 12 October 2004, 02:04 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Who can advise me the best way to approach my situation

Currenty have a Sony Ericsson T610 which works fine.
I am 13 months into my contract so eligible for upgrade.
On a talk plan that costs about £22 a month but would be happy on a £25 plan if it was good.
Want a Sony Ericsson K700i or Nokia 6230 (the lighter coloured one, not the black one - do orange offer this?).
DON'T want to leave orange as most my mates/family are on orange so it costs less for THEM as well as me to stay with orange (i.e. their contracts may not be x-network and cost them loads to call me) but would consider it if any were any good.

Basically to go down the 'cancellation' line could end me up in cr4p if they don't offer me anything and I end up having to go elsewhere.

Currently the upgrade cost on the above two phones is higher than I want to pay. I want to keep my T610 for my PAYG sim I have. I also have a Nokia 6150e, is this worth anything as a trade in??

Old 12 October 2004, 02:28 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dracoro
Who can advise me the best way to approach my situation

Currenty have a Sony Ericsson T610 which works fine.
I am 13 months into my contract so eligible for upgrade.
On a talk plan that costs about £22 a month but would be happy on a £25 plan if it was good.
Want a Sony Ericsson K700i or Nokia 6230 (the lighter coloured one, not the black one - do orange offer this?).
DON'T want to leave orange as most my mates/family are on orange so it costs less for THEM as well as me to stay with orange (i.e. their contracts may not be x-network and cost them loads to call me) but would consider it if any were any good.

Basically to go down the 'cancellation' line could end me up in cr4p if they don't offer me anything and I end up having to go elsewhere.

Currently the upgrade cost on the above two phones is higher than I want to pay. I want to keep my T610 for my PAYG sim I have. I also have a Nokia 6150e, is this worth anything as a trade in??

Find a deal from another network provider that suits your needs ie cheap line rental and free phone. Speak to somebody about your upgrade. they will give you the usual poor offer. now ask them for your PAC code. this is the code used to transfer your current number to another phone co. this signals your intent to leave (getting your PAC code does not mean you have to leave. it is valid for 30 days in the event you do leave). They will transfer you to the retentions dept. they will ask you the reason for wanting the PAC code etc. state that although happy with orange you can get a far better deal elsewhere (tell them the deal). Now unless you have no worth to them ie make no calls or texts they will play ball and offer you a deal to stay. If you fancy pushing it now is your chance to maybe get a few extra minutes or texts thrown in. agree the deal and wait for the new phone in 24 hours.
Old 12 October 2004, 03:03 PM
King Eric
Scooby Regular

Dracoro....even on a £25.00 per month talk plan I would imagine a K700 would be free!

Call orange (150 FROM YOUR HANDSET), ask to speak to retentions (dont tell upgrades why) then say to retentions you have seen some good offers on the K700 and will probably go elsewhere.

I bet you get it free!!

Glad to see so many people are getting good deals off the back of this thread! LOL
Old 12 October 2004, 11:50 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Anyone know whether or not I could upgrade.

I use my mobile mainly for receiving calls, so I have some setup that Orange sorted for me 3 years ago now (been with them 7 years).

Its like PAYG, but I simply pay each month for the calls I make. If I dont call anyone it costs me £0.00, if I do it costs me 15p/min first 5 mins each day, then 5p/min thereafter.

This is perfect for me as it averages about £8 a month, but they generally get funny when I want to upgrade my phone.

I dont want to lose this tariff though.
Old 13 October 2004, 09:00 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dream Weaver
Anyone know whether or not I could upgrade.

I use my mobile mainly for receiving calls, so I have some setup that Orange sorted for me 3 years ago now (been with them 7 years).

Its like PAYG, but I simply pay each month for the calls I make. If I dont call anyone it costs me £0.00, if I do it costs me 15p/min first 5 mins each day, then 5p/min thereafter.

This is perfect for me as it averages about £8 a month, but they generally get funny when I want to upgrade my phone.

I dont want to lose this tariff though.

i think my dad had the same deal. If he wanted to upgrade he had to switch to a current tariff. I think your best bet is to look at buying a new handset yourself
Old 13 October 2004, 09:13 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

My experience with Orange was awful. Both wifey and I had been with them for 7 yrs+ (IIRC), when it came to upgrade time, they couldn't give a toss. We were spending about £70-£80 p/month.
When I said that we would BOTH be leaving, they basically said "Fine".

Most unimpressed. With O2 at the moment. Great tarriff, good service so far, but the billing dept have no communication with the customer services at all (even though they're linked!)

Will be bringing this up when the contracts are up

Will also look at Orange, on the basis that I've now got some ammo

Dan
Old 13 October 2004, 11:13 AM
TDT
Scooby Regular

My P910i has just arrived.

Fahookin marvellous piece of kit! My only concern is that the instruction manual is actually thicker than the one for my scoob
Old 13 October 2004, 11:50 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TDT
My P910i has just arrived.

Fahookin marvellous piece of kit! My only concern is that the instruction manual is actually thicker than the one for my scoob
Snap! on charge now! just gonna order a 512Mb card now!
Old 13 October 2004, 03:43 PM
DBY
Scooby Regular

Angry

OK just got off the phone to Orange for the fourth time, having spoken to a manager in customer services (retentions) no joy on an upgrade to the New Motorola V3, Full retail is £249.99. If you are a new punter you can get it for £149.99 but nothing doing if you have been with them for 10 years, I have tried all the tricks with PAC numbers ect. So off to find a better deal with another provider down the high street.

John
Old 13 October 2004, 06:57 PM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

ive had a f00king nightmare with Orange today

11 months ago I wanted an x70 (it fitted my needs at the time) and ordered one through One Stop Phone Shop, however, I was going out of the country, and OSPS couldnt deliver the phone in time (no availability) so I cancelled my order with them, and went direct to Orange (via the website)

They had the x70 on the same tariff as OSPS, but it was 29.99 for the handset, so I placed my order and the guy told me it was 79.99, I pointed out the website, and he agreed to do it for 29.99

I got the phone a few days later, and they had billed me 79.99, so I phoned to complain, I did this every week from November to February, never getting a refund on the difference

I phoned Orange today for an upgrade (the x70 only lasts about 5 or 6 hours now without using it, before the battery goes dead) anyway the woman in upgrades said I was still under contract so it would cost me 75+vat to upgrade, plus whatever the cost of the phone I want is

So I told her about the overcharge, and she said oh no your phone isnt through us, its through OSPS, so there is nothing we can do about that

So mucho arguing etc, told her I have all the invoices to prove that the phone was from Orange and not OSPS, so I told her I wanted to cancel and she said ok, thats up to you, would you like me to put you through to the cancellations department !!

Anyway I then phoned OSPS who have all the details of my cancelled order with them, from last year, so I phoned Orange again this time to sales

They told me the phone was definatly from them, and that they couldnt refund my money, as the web price is NOT the same as the online shop price (WTF was he on about)

Anyway still pi55ed off, I have decided to cancel my contract unless they change my phone, however I phoned back, spoke to lost/stolen, and im getting a brand new x70 delivered tomorrow night

Once I get the phone, I will leave it boxed up brand new, stick my sim in my old phone, then phone cancellations, and either cancel my contract, or get a free upgrade to the phone I want, and then sell the brand new x70 next month