Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

I don't think I can read anymore about Beslan...

Search this Thread

Old 08 September 2004, 03:17 PM
juicy1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed

I've seen some of the new footage they've released on the news today and its just so awful.

Those poor poor kids.
Old 08 September 2004, 03:46 PM
the moose
Scooby Regular

There's a clear moral distinction between combatants and non-combatants, even in an undeclared war. I sympathise with the Chechens, and understand their hatred of the Russian government, but there's a huge difference between Putin and his policies (and the soldiers and police who enforce them) and the everyday Russian person.

I can only hope this causes such outrage amongst the Chechens that even they question what people are doing in their name; never forget, however, that as a result of the Putin/Yeltsin policies around 40,000 children have died in Chechnya in the last decade.
Old 08 September 2004, 04:09 PM
Patt@firstime
Scooby Regular

There are some very sick and disturbed people in this world
Old 08 September 2004, 04:43 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We can only hope that what goes around, comes around, not in a global sense, at a personal level to whoever did this, trouble is, there are a lot of very wounded, angry people with nothing left to lose, they have lost their one most valuable possesion, their kids, kids are part of you and if somebody takes them away not much is left so all I can see is retribution and further bloodshed.
Old 08 September 2004, 08:33 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

these kind of people have lost all sense of morality. It is frightening and I think that it will get worse as time goes by. It is even more terrifying that the same sort of thing is happening to those criminals in this country who will kill and maime anyone for the price of a fix.

Les
Old 08 September 2004, 09:09 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

the bit that really hurt me was the kids were so thirsty they had to drink their urine and teachers had to wet their clothes and put it on their heads to cool them down, and the kids were burning and so were their chapped lips coz of the acid in the urine, sick motherf*****rs like this who do this to children should be slaughtered and cut to pieces alive including the ones who bomb kids from the skies and tanks and helicopters
Old 08 September 2004, 09:30 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

I think theres a clear difference between those who deliberatley target kids and civilians and those who try and avoid it.

That being said I know the Russians are'nt exactly blameless when it comes to Chechnya. What they have been doing(apparently) is making the Chechnyan men 'disappear'. In their culture if a woman loses her husband the kids are taken into care, so with her husband and kids gone she has nothing else to do but live for revenge. It by no means excuses or justifies what went on, but it does go some way to explain the reasons behind it.
Old 08 September 2004, 09:39 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

I think chechnia / afghanistan / iraq should be declared a nuclear proving ground

and 24hrs of testing starts tommorow..

i know the pc brigade will give it the you cant fight force with force speil,

but i think it time the scum of this word was shown,

"you f*uk with kids, we f*uck you perminantly"

they are now classed as vermin, and vermin are executed.

ask any farmer

mart
Old 08 September 2004, 10:56 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mart360
I think chechnia / afghanistan / iraq should be declared a nuclear proving ground

ask any farmer

mart
So you bomb these towns and cities and kill more children...great idea? ffs get a brain
Old 08 September 2004, 11:02 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

mart u guys are already doing that, thats why their doing it back

wake up and smell the sh1te u talk
Old 08 September 2004, 11:36 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moses
mart u guys are already doing that, thats why their doing it back

wake up and smell the sh1te u talk

PC alert...

duhhh look back at history!!!!!!

ww2 Hiroshima...& Nagasaki a show of force that ended japans involvement 2 days later!!

as i said its time to remove the velvet glove...

we gave dresden 24 hrs notice before carpet bombing it..

sometimes you have to meet force with force

M
Old 09 September 2004, 12:11 AM
Beer Good
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by the moose
There's a clear moral distinction between combatants and non-combatants, even in an undeclared war. I sympathise with the Chechens, and understand their hatred of the Russian government, but there's a huge difference between Putin and his policies (and the soldiers and police who enforce them) and the everyday Russian person.

I can only hope this causes such outrage amongst the Chechens that even they question what people are doing in their name; never forget, however, that as a result of the Putin/Yeltsin policies around 40,000 children have died in Chechnya in the last decade.
Moose noone seems to have acknowledged your post. I hear what you say.

On a slightly different note , people seem to forget the US's (OK Union Carbide's) guilt in Bhopal, for which damages paid were utterly woeful and people in there 10's of thousands still suffer today. Just because it ain't 'current' doesn't mean the suffering isn't real. 20 times more people were killed in that disaster than at Pearl Harbour & nobody in the West seems to remember.

See here http://www.bhopal.org/ if you are interested.
Old 09 September 2004, 07:03 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

The Americans will always have to bear the shame of dropping those two atom bombs on the cities and killing all those innocent civilians. It may have stopped the Japanese involvement, but at what price?

They could have easily demonstrated the weapons somewhere where they did not kill people but the Japanese would have got the message alright.

It was a macho demonstration of "look at me".

Les
Old 09 September 2004, 07:47 AM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Leslie

If I recall the fire bombing of Hamburg and Dresden killed more people than the A bombs.
Old 09 September 2004, 08:52 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

ask any farmer

mart

no wonder the world is fukced up.
Old 09 September 2004, 09:12 AM
the moose
Scooby Regular

ask any farmer

mart
Execute the vermin, by all means. But bear in mind that there was a 70% reduction in wall height during the Grozny bombardment, which would indicate that the Chechen capital was pretty much reduced to rubble. Even a nuclear blast wouldn't do much more damage.

The appalling violence at the school was a reaction to the Russian military tactics; the people perpetrating this have seen their own lives and those of their fellow countrymen so wrecked that they really don't care what they do. There is no excuse for what they've done, but even more bombing will not solve the problem.

If anything, it makes things worse. When you've had your entire country trashed, it's easy to belive the wild-eyed religious fanatic who says "It's a war against your religion! They hate you because you're a Muslim! ALL of the West is behind this"

This has all come about because of the collapse of the Soviet Union. The Chechens have been fighting a civil war since around 1993-4, after asserting independence in 1991. Things got really bad in 1999 when Yeltsin sent in over 100k troops and levelled the capital.

The Chechens see that they have nothing to lose - their country has been destroyed, their children killed (the Russians didn't bother about who was in the houses they shelled), and their national identity shredded. In the circumstances, what would YOU do?
Old 09 September 2004, 01:18 PM
Ted Maul
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moses
the bit that really hurt me was the kids were so thirsty they had to drink their urine and teachers had to wet their clothes and put it on their heads to cool them down, and the kids were burning and so were their chapped lips coz of the acid in the urine, sick motherf*****rs like this who do this to children should be slaughtered and cut to pieces alive including the ones who bomb kids from the skies and tanks and helicopters
agreed, and also we should slaughter the people that hide their terrorist suicide bomb making factories amongst schools, and use their children as shields, putting their children in danger on purpose.
Old 09 September 2004, 02:19 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

As this is the Beslan thread, you might be interested in how Russia treats its journalists who try to report the situation accurately:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/russia/art...300414,00.html
Old 09 September 2004, 02:54 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I don't know the answer to that one Neil, I do know it was a horrifying event with the firestorms which the phosphorus bombs set off as well as the expolosive bomb damage. I'm not too happy about that either really, but I suppose we have to set the V1/V2 horrors done to the UK, as well as the heavy attacks on the London Docks area with the associated civilian deaths against that.

I was concerned as much as anything about the after effects of the nuclear radiation which are still being felt.

Whatever we say about it, the fact remains that war is an obscene happening and should be avoided.

Les