Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Taxi - oooooooohhhhhh dear!

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2004, 02:23 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taxi - oooooooohhhhhh dear!

Went to see "I, Robot" very good I must say. However, I was concerned, saw a trailer for a film, and I knew from the second that the ford whateveritwas, lifted up on it's own jacks, and sportier bumper came down that hollywood has done it again, remade another 'classic' film. This time they are butchering Taxi.

It looks like a pretty direct copy of the original, the transformation of the car, the red 'bad guys' cars, though this time they look like beemers (I think 6 series, though could be new 5 or 7's), plus some of the famous scenes from the original are in there (the jump over the missing section of bridge)

Now, I might reserve judgement until it comes out, as I did with "The Italian Job", which was actually a little better than I thought it would be, then again, I pre-judged "Get Carter" and was right.

What is it with hollyweird, have they really ran out of good ideas and have to start remaking foreign films? Maybe they think that because Taxi was french, no lard arsed thick fecking yank would have seen it, hmm, actually that is probably the reason, the only foreign films most yanks would watch would be ****.

Anyway, just thought I'd warn you lovers of car chase movies that one of the best is being slain, and I think I can here the original turning in it's grave
Old 09 August 2004, 02:25 PM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Thought it was an Audi
Old 09 August 2004, 02:32 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I thought it was an audi also? The four linked hoops on the grill made me think so..? Have to say the films had way too much hype and tend to think that if a film is great it wont need the hype...
No intention of watching it personally - now 90mins perving at catwoman is a different matter
Old 09 August 2004, 02:35 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

yep - futuristic "titty"

Goes to show that there WILL be hairdressers in the future!!

Dan
Old 09 August 2004, 02:38 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Audi? In the original or in the remake? Ronin had a nice big black S8, and thank god they are not remaking that, can't really, as it had Bob in it, he'd be a little miffed i'd think.
Old 09 August 2004, 02:40 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Ahhhhhhhh, see where you're coming from. Car in "I, Robot" is an Audi. If you read my post again, you'll see I mention that I saw a trailer for a remake of Taxi when I went to see "I, Robot"
Old 09 August 2004, 02:57 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Hollywood did the same with Nikita, making Assassin (with Bridget Fonda) which wasn't a patch on the original.

As for Taxi, I seem to remember the film being a bit ridiculous with speeded up film etc...
Old 09 August 2004, 03:01 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Markus
Went to see "I, Robot" very good I must say. However, I was concerned, saw a trailer for a film, and I knew from the second that the ford whateveritwas, lifted up on it's own jacks, and sportier bumper came down that hollywood has done it again, remade another 'classic' film. This time they are butchering Taxi.

It looks like a pretty direct copy of the original, the transformation of the car, the red 'bad guys' cars, though this time they look like beemers (I think 6 series, though could be new 5 or 7's), plus some of the famous scenes from the original are in there (the jump over the missing section of bridge)

Now, I might reserve judgement until it comes out, as I did with "The Italian Job", which was actually a little better than I thought it would be, then again, I pre-judged "Get Carter" and was right.

What is it with hollyweird, have they really ran out of good ideas and have to start remaking foreign films? Maybe they think that because Taxi was french, no lard arsed thick fecking yank would have seen it, hmm, actually that is probably the reason, the only foreign films most yanks would watch would be ****.

Anyway, just thought I'd warn you lovers of car chase movies that one of the best is being slain, and I think I can here the original turning in it's grave
a remake of taxi?
the french one?
with subtitles?

ive heard taxi3 has been released, you sure its not that>?
ive seen the first 2
Old 09 August 2004, 03:20 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Catwoman? Are you serious? I saw most of it the other day *cough* at a friends *cough*, and it was, in my opinion complete tosh. I'm not a big Halle Berry fan anyway, so that probably did not help.
Old 09 August 2004, 03:23 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Jerome - ok, so Taxi was not exactly total realisim, but it was a good film, hey Luc Besson was involved, so what do you expect

Sticky, yup, it is deffo a remake of the original french Taxi film, it's not Taxi 3, unless Taxi 3 is not a french film and they sold out to hollyweird.
Old 10 August 2004, 12:49 PM
ianc
Scooby Regular

Saw the trailer... wrong on so many levels....

(not seen Taxi3 yet tho!)
Old 10 August 2004, 01:01 PM
thecirsch
Scooby Regular

I thought he was talking about the programme with Danny De Vito, Andy Kaufman et all
Old 10 August 2004, 01:22 PM
Mr Leigh
Scooby Regular

Taxi! Awesome films
Old 11 August 2004, 07:11 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

i robot is the best film that i have seen in ages . i highly recommend it