Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Bloody Women

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2003, 10:37 AM
ianmiller999
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was sat in car waiting to use a petrol pump, whilst the women in front decided to check all of her levels etc and spend ten minutes talking to her kids in the back. Completely oblivious to the queue behind her.

Must say felt a lot better after she got in a mood because asked her if she was doing an engine rebuild or just filling up with petrol(Which at no time did she do)

Rant Over
Old 11 August 2003, 11:04 AM
pugoetru
Scooby Regular

good for you
Old 11 August 2003, 11:11 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

LOL!

In my opinion, this is equivalent to women in shops. They're at the check-out, so they *know* they'll have to pay, but do they have any means to pay ready? No! It's almost like when the cashier says the total amount payable, a woman hears this as "Ready Steady Go!", and starts the eternal rummage through her bag, to find her purse, to get to the coins bit to count out just the right amount via her entire 5p collection in there! Why do women do this?? Grr!!
Old 11 August 2003, 11:11 AM
sexy wrx69
Scooby Regular

not all women are this scatty and unorganised.

Old 11 August 2003, 11:15 AM
ChrisB

not all women are this scatty and unorganised.
Nope, some are even worse!
Old 11 August 2003, 11:16 AM
sexy wrx69
Scooby Regular

Wink

LMAO

yeah i'll give you that one Chris.
Old 11 August 2003, 11:16 AM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Wink

That one gets me as well. The look on some peoples' faces when the cashier reads out the total. it's like

"uh... ive got to pay? oh yeah, pay, that's right, now where did i put my purse... just hang on for 15 minutes while I look for it"

why do they think god made pockets in your jeans? so that you can have your wallet there, always at the ready

another thing - ask woman where anything is; answer will be have a look in my bag. Might as well say have a look in the black hole of calcutta for all the chance you have of finding anything in there.
Old 11 August 2003, 11:26 AM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Ahhh...another reason why I'm eternally grateful that I don't own a handbag.
Old 11 August 2003, 11:55 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

an annoying this is when u pull into a station and the car infron t stops at the first pump rather than moving onto the 1 in front so the car behind it can get to a pump... if that makes sence, I always find its idiots in their land rovers who do this. really gets on my *****
Old 11 August 2003, 12:07 PM
daiscooby
BANNED

Angry

Can I expand this a liitle.

The one that grabs my grapes is when wimmin are in a queing situation and they get to the head of the que and hold a bloody conversation with the person serving them about crap and trivia. Or even worse if they know the person serving them it's who's died or who's feckin who's husband.

Aaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh.

This is true in Tesco's, Bank, Post Office, Petrol Station, any bloody where.
Old 11 August 2003, 12:13 PM
ianmiller999
Scooby Regular

Mind you I hate going to hair dressers/Barbers with their pointless conversation, like are you going any where nice etc. FFS hurry up and cut my hair!!!!
Old 11 August 2003, 12:19 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Picture the scene - woman in front of me in a BMW M3 at the Optimax Station the other week, me in Scooby behind her and a Mum in a Pulsar behind me...one Optimax pump, the other's "normal" petrol we're all queuing behind a dippy old man filling up his Pug....when he finishes and moved off the lady in the BMW jumps out and asks me if I'd like to go in front as she needs Optimax (I explain the situation) so she went ot he car behind (who also wanted Optimax! Still, it was nice and considerate of her to ask instead of blocking the way

We're not all mad
Old 11 August 2003, 12:23 PM
ianmiller999
Scooby Regular

Thats nice
Old 11 August 2003, 12:25 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

LOL - for "she needs Optimax", read as "her other half has told her that she needs Optimax in his M3"...

<flame suit zipped and buckled>
Old 11 August 2003, 12:28 PM
ian_sadler
Scooby Regular

Angry

It's the bloody petrol stations with Tescos etc. attached that hack me off.

Women (normally but not all the time) will abandon their car at the pump and go and do weeks feckin shop [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11 August 2003, 12:32 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

lol @ Telboy!

...it was just a weird experience, not often that happens - and a BMW driver being considerate?!
Old 11 August 2003, 12:38 PM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

i moved my car forward about 20ft to let a van pull in, after filling up, and the woman behind the kiosk lept out of the shop bit and stood in front of my car going "you havent paid!!, you haven't paid" so i explained what i was doing (this is a crowded forecourt - Toomeys in Laindon) and she glared at me like i was going to drive off, for the sake of £20 of fuel, she was going to put her life on the line.

i wish i had run the cockney loud mouthed bint over now...

anyway, the van driver had a good laugh!!!!

BB

Old 11 August 2003, 12:41 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Wink

Serves you right for straying into Laindon...!
Old 11 August 2003, 01:00 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

And what is it with women (usually single mother types) who allow the interiors of their grotty little hatchbacks to become like a skip? Ankle deep in rubbish (empty wrappers, cans, packets, cuddly toys etc) Have they no self respect at all? Or is the message supposed to be that "I'm so busy and cool that I don't have time to be clean and tidy"?

UB
Old 11 August 2003, 01:33 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

The one and only time we tried to do that : fill up and one move up while the other paid up...the guy on the till went garrity at us...... to this day I do not know what his angle was.
Please do not tar all us women with the same brush. I rarely carry a handbag, I always try to have the exact dosh ready and I never engage in conversation when there is a queue behind me. Talking of which, some men I know put some women to shame with their gassing. Gawd, they could talk for England .....right EB ??
Dirty car interiors...Unc Buck are not primarily the domain of women either. Some men (reps mostly spring to mind ) have knee deep rubbish.... then again, it could be worse, they could be chucking it out onto the highway as the go about their business!
Old 11 August 2003, 01:49 PM
ianmiller999
Scooby Regular

At least our conversation has a point- i.e. exhaust and insurance

[puts the flamesuite on and takes cover]
Old 11 August 2003, 02:23 PM
Franx
Scooby Regular

Wink

There's one that got me today.
Waiting in the queue for the air pump, at a distance of about 5 metres from the other car, so I didn't completely block up the garage, as there's no other way out.

Anyway, just as the 3-Series in front is finishing, some bird in a corsa charged into the gap in front, half blocking the exit, and proceeded to check all of her pressures, despite my gestures from behind. She did see me as well, as she turned around and looked, (perhaps turned on the 'selective vision'!) but just drove in anyway, without so much as a thank you.

Bint.

Old 11 August 2003, 02:28 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Wink

LOL - for "she needs Optimax", read as "her other half has told her that she needs Optimax in his M3"...
I was going on a stag do and my better half to the hen do, as I was going by train, I said she could use the Scoob (first time) but the tank was a little low, so she would need to fill up with Optimax!

Being a git, I told her I wanted to see the receipt to prove it!
Old 11 August 2003, 02:59 PM
The_Lizard
Scooby Regular

Linda, my other half, has a strong habit of leaving trash such as empty beverage containers in the car. Nothing like having a few empty cans rolling back and forth with every turn. The radio and vent controls are regularly bathed in spilled Diet Pepsi. The door pouches receive used tissues and various small wrappers.

As if that weren't enough, she is a schoolteacher with loads of books and other materials, which will reside in the back of the car in laundry baskets unless I chase it all out. Then there are the giant plastic childrens toys that get donated, then stuck in the car until someone wants them.

Last year we got a 1989 GL10, whose nice large trunk is now full of her stuff. The back seat is full of it, too...

I have to assert my ownership of the car, or else she will ease into it and use it every day. This is only a minor annoyance, except for when she parks it at her school. She is usually the first one there, and the car is alone when she parks. Later, some minivan full of kids parks next to it, and bang! Door dings all over the car. The right rear door has a beautiful perfectly matched set of dings from a van.

Let's see, what else while I'm ranting ... she leaves the driver's seat far forward, so I have to move it back before I can even get in the car. The headlights will be on, and the radio will be tuned to her daughter's favorite hip-hop radio station. The air conditioning SHALL be turned on, too. If it was raining when she parked, the wipers will be up.

Sigh...

Old 11 August 2003, 03:01 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Talking

She must be a great **** then....!
Old 08 November 2003, 11:13 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Smile

Not just the forte of wimmen, blokes are just as guilty i recon!

Most forecourts have enough space for peeps to pull away from the pumps to do this sort of thing.

I find this most inconsiderate when it happens to me and have no problem politely asking people to move away from the pump. although difficult if they have not paid or do it beofre fueling the mota.

I think generally people need to show more consideration in most day-to-day things, probably me included.

[Edited by Paul Habgood - 8/11/2003 11:17:00 AM]
Old 08 November 2003, 01:15 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

My better looking half (not) always fills the car up which allows me to move it when finished whilst she pays for it. :

Had a guy on a Duke the other day parked next to the pump I wanted.
He come out and instead of moving his bike forward a tad he proceeded to dress himself in the correct manner for his journey ahead taking 3 minutes.

Ignorant twáts.

[Edited by Spoon - 8/11/2003 1:39:11 PM]