Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Rave review STS annual Depleated Uranium Bring and buy sale...

Search this Thread

Old 21 July 2003, 02:49 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Raves are good, but free partys are better, thats how it works.
For those of you who’ve never been to one of these, STS is basically a free outdoor rave which takes place in a secret location somewhere around Bedford roughly once a month.
Thats also the only reason why I was prepared to drag my raved out **** out of my bed after elation on friday night for another rave on saturday night. It also saw me, Jen my g/f and Davespice arrive at a deserted Tescos carpark off J9 of the A1(M) at 12.30am. We had been tipped off that the party would be in this area and we wanted to experience the whole thing. at around 12.45 we placed a call and were given directions to the party. turned out the tip off was better than we thought and 15 minutes later we were driving accross a field and getting very close to our destination.
We got there and the organisers were busy setting up. They had already finished the stack and my god what a stack it was. It must have been at least 12 feet, nearer 13 feet tall. Eventually everything was finished. Altogether we got a speaker stack, a lighting/backdrop rig and a van selling water for 50p a go, these people are not into this for the money!
Soon enough the, rig broke into life with an old altern-8 tune, the one with the vocal "Mooove yur body" and the crowd went mental.
The music was varied, more varied than you would get at a licenced rave or a club night with two hours of oldskool, two Jungle, and two Hardhouse.
The crowd were really going for it all night long, however the night really kicked off when the hardhouse came in, This saw the creation of somthing that I've only seen at an STS party, a mosh pit at a rave. It werent nasty or anything, more everybody bouncing off each other in front of the stack. very funny though and it definitly helped with the atmosphere.
We were getting a bit sick of the jungle at one point, so I went for a wander and ended up at the entrance. I saw that the police had turned up, but rather than shut the whole party down they just blocked off the entrance to prevent more cars entering the venue. The fact that everybody was parking over the road and walking right past them to go in seemed not to bother them too much, and the only thing they did to people who were leaving was to check that everyone was wearing their seatbelts and saying goodnight. Full respect has to go out to them for controlling things and letting the party people have their fun. Esp. to PC 1147 who had a really safe attitude and complimenting the organisers for the way they had planned the party (starting late, doing their homework on the location as not to disturb anyone etc)
We left at around 6am but the party was still going strong, however we had reached the limit of our endurance and had to go otherwise I would have been unable to drive home.
If anyone has a chance to go to one of these events I wholeheartedly reccomend it to them, you will not find a safer bunch of ravers with a better frame of mind.
astraboy.
Quote of the night (on the observation of a nearby thunderstorm)" Thats not a thunderstorm, its a **** off big strobe!!!"
Old 21 July 2003, 03:11 PM
Madjay
Scooby Regular

"Soon enough the, rig broke into life with an old altern-8 tune, the one with the vocal "Mooove yur body" and the crowd went mental."
ah see when i read that chills were going down my spine man, 3 songs effect me that way, the one u mentions everytime i hear it in a club i have to get up, the same with that song thats goes "sometimes i feel like putting my hands up in the air" and Tukan- Light a Rainbow (that is a very special song to me)

i'll get the review of Browns Bay Rave on the go after Saturday, i hear its gonna be a belter
Old 21 July 2003, 04:26 PM
damian666
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Sometimes I feel like
Throwing my hands up in the air
I know I can count on you
Sometimes I feel like saying
Lord I just don't care
But you've got the love I need
To see me through

That tune rules

Damo
Old 21 July 2003, 06:10 PM
Madjay
Scooby Regular

whats the name of IT????????
Old 21 July 2003, 06:47 PM
BMW bikes
Scooby Regular

You got the love
best version by The Force.
Old 21 July 2003, 06:52 PM
BMW bikes
Scooby Regular

Astra boy ever been to an exodus
They have a festival every year with trance, hard house, drum and bass, techno, and proper live reggae all in differetn tents. By far the best'free partys' (illegal raves going).
Pisses all over global gathering and all that sh1te.
Old 21 July 2003, 09:41 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

no mate, never been mate, do you have any contact details? sounds wicked.
astraboy.
Old 22 July 2003, 07:37 AM
BMW bikes
Scooby Regular

I will try to find out where the meet point is for the next one. I havn't been since 2001 but they are huge every raver round this way (mk) knows all about them but I will try to find out some details about the next one for you.
Old 22 July 2003, 07:46 AM
BMW bikes
Scooby Regular

A review to wet your appetite.

notjsutaraveawayoflife

[Edited by BMW bikes - 7/22/2003 8:16:47 AM]
Old 22 July 2003, 09:38 AM
JayPSC
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Astraboy, what was that hardcore forum you posted a link to a while back? I know loads of people on there from years back but lost the link, I feel like winding em up
Old 22 July 2003, 12:15 PM
NDT
Scooby Regular

however those of us that live in Bedfordshire and get kept awake by this crap would probably be quite happy if you moved your lovely rave elsewhere.
Old 22 July 2003, 12:48 PM
owbow
Scooby Regular

Wink

Old 22 July 2003, 12:51 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Wink

<however those of us that live in Bedfordshire and get kept awake by this crap would probably be quite happy if you moved your lovely rave elsewhere. >
Shouldnt you change your name to:
Not
In
My
Back
Yard?
lighten up, its only once a month.
astraboy.

Old 22 July 2003, 01:51 PM
NDT
Scooby Regular

OK fair point.
obviously just in an intolerant mood today!