Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Paris Restaurant

Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2003, 12:58 PM
BigGT3Fan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a REALLY good restaurant in Paris. Last time me and the g/f went, all the highly recommended 'places to be seen' at were already booked up , so we ended up just going in on spec based on the look of the place/menu. Saying that, we were never disappointed as the general standard is very high, but I'd like a recommendation in advance.

What I want is a really good, romantic restaurant that does excellent food, and I don't require a second mortgage to eat there . I really don't mind if it is internationally famous or not and whether it's always packed with celebs . Ideally fairly central for a stroll on the left bank afterwards. Any recommendations, anyone?

Ta,

Alex
Old 08 July 2003, 04:36 PM
BigGT3Fan
Scooby Regular

<Boing>
Old 08 July 2003, 04:52 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Buddha Bar is absolutley fookin excellent, its on the Rue Boissy d'Anglais just off the Place de la Concorde (over the road from Cartier dont tell the missus). Went there a couple of weeks ago. Also, went to the oldest brasserie in Paris, Brasserie Bofinger, just off the Bastille Square and it is very very good, seafood is superb

Expect to pay 100 quid for a meal for 2 at Buddha Bar and around the same at Bofingers.

Dave
Old 08 July 2003, 04:54 PM
BigGT3Fan
Scooby Regular

Magic mate,

Thanks. Just what I was looking for. Anyone else got any?

Old 08 July 2003, 05:07 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Thumbs up

Bofinger-pretty damn good.
Old 08 July 2003, 05:12 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Buddha Bar is amazing, the restaurant is downstairs and its really dark, the only light is from candles or very dim bulbs, and there is a massive Buddha in there !! The food is Eastern Oriental, theres a massive menu. Music is of the style of the Buddha Bar series of albums.

Its awesome mate, one of the best meals i have had.

Dave
Old 08 July 2003, 05:39 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Wish I'd heard of the Budhha when I lived there, sounds interesting. Maybe if I'm ever forced to go back the the place I'll check it out.
Old 08 July 2003, 05:44 PM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Another vote for Buddha Bar, but its a nightmare trying to book for the weekends (I've still not managed to get a table but mates rave about it). You can ring from here as they speak perfect English.

Alternatively and almost as good, is Bar Fly in Rue George V, just down from Arc de Triomphe. Its owned by the same people, the music, lighting and decor is pure ambiance and the food is fantastic. Again, ring to book a couple of weeks in advance. The chic and beautiful of Paris eat/drink there, so between wispering sweet nothings to your loved one, expect your eyes to be out on stalks
Old 10 July 2003, 08:41 AM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Lol at Pete. Spot on mate, popped me head round the door at Bar Fly and wowsers, some nice scenery !! Buddha Bar was the same aswell We booked a table on a Sunday night by email for 8 and it was reasonably empty. Come 10 though and it was rammed. There was even 2 absolute crackers on the table next to me

Dave