Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Bluespoon Headset - Initial impressions....

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2003, 02:10 PM
Plantie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Yesterday I jumped on the net and went to look for a bluetooth headset. (bluespoon specifically)

Found the website, NextLink had a read and then started to do some research...

After reading comparison/performance guides of the net it was clear if I was going to get a Bluetooth headset, Bluespoon was the obvious choice.

So placed my order yesterday morning at about 10:00. and by 11.00 I had an email from their distributor confirming the order etc. Michael (disti guy) told me to expect delivery within 48 hours and that it would leave Coppenhagen at 22:00 that day.

I had a quick look on the DHL tracking website and it did indeed leave just before 22:00 and was in the uk by 1:00am this morning!

Guess what??? Its just arrived! 13:30!! How good is that?!

Opened up the package which took 10 mins as so well wrapped! (to be honest I was fighting to get throught the security wrap!)

And there it was! WOW very very light, very nice looking and when attached to the ear very comfortable!

I went for the Panther version... see pic at -
Panther Pic

Up to now I have read throught the manual fully (only 12 easy read pages) and it is currently on charge...
First charge is 8 hours then 90 min recharge after that, so cant give you any feedback on sound quality as yet!

Price wise it is on special offer at the moment and I paid £195 delivered. Ok it is a bit more than the others on the market but it weighs a 3rd of the lightest rival and has double the talktime and standbye time. It is also made to military standards???!!! so hopefully sound should be good!

I will report back later on tonight with a Sound quality report!

Cheers to Kav for 1st putting this baby in my head!

Ok I am finished for now!

P.

[Edited by Plantie - 5/27/2003 2:35:29 PM]
Old 27 May 2003, 02:26 PM
Mark Miwurdz
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Sounds awesome!

Looks like I might be on the upgrade path already. Why am I such a tw@t when it comes to gadgets?

Cheers
Kav
Old 28 May 2003, 07:50 PM
stevewrxwagon
Scooby Regular

Is it any good then? I could be in the market for something like this.......but as with most technology I'm clueless!
Old 28 May 2003, 10:33 PM
Plantie
Scooby Regular

Ok guys'n'gals..

Vey happy with it overall to be fair bar the voice calling.... but that os probably my phone!

Sound quality is very good even from a distance. One thing I have found is when I am walking around with the phone stationary, the person I am talking to can hear a slight wave type sound but as soon as I stop it goes. (not sure if other bluetooth headsets behave the same?) They can still hear me with the wave noise though.

The girlfriend has told me that when she speaks to me and I am on it she can always hear me fine, even if I am in the car. (I have a noisy-ish* car)

It does become a little uncomfortable after being in your ear for 3-4 hours but I am sure I will get used to it.

Battery life has been good had it on all day and been talking a fair amount and not yet even had the battery indicator sound off.

Overall - a very good buy and I recommend it!

Money well spent!

Also looks the nuts!

HTH!

P.
Old 28 May 2003, 10:37 PM
gregh
Scooby Regular

the only issue I've found with 2 different bluetooth headsets is that both have dropped out during long conference calls, or just buzzed and then dropped out after 20+ mins.

greg
Old 28 May 2003, 10:38 PM
spider
Scooby Regular

Smile

Very nice P!

You just know some snotty kid's going to come up and ask: "why've you got a beetle on your ear mister?"

Me, jealous? - Nah!

Now, if they bring out a SilverSpoon to go with the one I was born with in my mouth........

See you soon mate, must be time for another curry!
Steve