Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Nottingham on BBC1

Search this Thread

Old 17 October 2002, 09:34 PM
bug-eyed wonder
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nottingham is getting a lovely review tonite.
WTF is wrong with people nowadays that a night out seems to always end in violence? This problem is appearing nationwide and seems to be getting worse. The local club where I spent many a night "mangled" has been at the centre of 3 murders in the last 2 years.
I've had this discussion with a few people recently who I would have had a pint with in the past and we've been shocked with the escalation in violence. The odd fight in a pub/club was always there but in recent years it is more likely that someone will pull a knife or not give up until they have kicked the other person's head in.

One theory is the popularity of shots such as Aftershock which people throw into them at an alarming rate and loose all control in a short space of time.

Anyone else care to comment or am I just becoming a sad aul fart and should be buying the "pipe and slippers" soon!
Old 17 October 2002, 09:39 PM
uncle buck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

who cares...?

They can all beat and stab each other to death as far as I'm concerned.[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

We were lucky to do our clubbing in an era when peace and harmony was trendy and drinking was way out of fashion
Old 17 October 2002, 09:45 PM
bug-eyed wonder
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

who cares...?
I do!
I agree we did have our fun "back in the day" but even on recent nights out I've seen some feckin horrible fights. My local weekly paper now seems to always have requests for witnesses to serious assaults. The point I was trying to make is what has brought about this change?
Old 17 October 2002, 09:48 PM
uncle buck
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I reckon it's all this 'I'm a hard man' Garage/Crack/gun wannabe gangsta culture cr@p.

Every weekend in London there are stabbings and people getting shot outside these clubs. I don't bother with it anymore.
Old 17 October 2002, 09:49 PM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

I grew up in Nottingham, and I have to say that I never had any problems being out "on the town" - in fact I still feel safer out in Nottingham that I do out in my new home town of Reading. And Nottinghams is supposed to be a violent city???

Mind you, I have to admit that Nottingham does have its "interesting areas" but they aren't really in the town centre.
Old 17 October 2002, 09:50 PM
zoog
Scooby Regular

Most of the protagonists seem to be really ugly, commmon, FEMALES !!!
Old 17 October 2002, 11:07 PM
uncle buck
Scooby Regular

Angry

cocaine turns people into arrogant w@nker$

Give it to a 'not too bright' bod, coupled with plenty of alcohol, who is bouyed up by his 'mates' in a similar state, then fill thier heads with violent thoughts via the music and you have what you see..

When everyone was 'luved up' these things just could not happen. you would see the most unlikely of 'bed fellows' all gettin' on like a house on fire and it was great
Old 17 October 2002, 11:26 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Unhappy

I have to say that wifey and I stopped going out for a drink in town many years ago. We took this sad step because it was oh so easy to get involved in something you wanted no part of, simply by being there. I'm talking about the gangs of young kids, boozed up, landlord turns a blind eye while raking in the profits. You happen to look at the wrong one, and he's straight over, backed by at least 4 mates, and you've got a kicking coming.
Didn't happen to me, but I have several mates who were on the receiving end.
What a saddo society we live in.
:
Alcazar
Old 17 October 2002, 11:31 PM
uncle buck
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I'll bet it's not *just* the drink either - sulphate is cheap and readily available to 'lads' and.... horrible

As I say, I stay out of it let 'em get on with it...
Old 18 October 2002, 10:29 AM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

Bravo, as you well know, we seem to be a magnet towards trouble when we go out....

it's just jealous people, who dont want to see others enjoying themselves and having friends!!!

I was born in Basildon Essex, and have just moved out of the area, for the sake of my 14mth old son.

Not saying anything bad about the everyday nice folks who live there, but the percentage of hooligan yobbos is on the rapid increase. (i guess this is happening everywhere now)

they have no respect for old folk (some of whom fought for them)
i've seen them being spat and swore at, even having stones lobbed at them!!!

i think they should be forced to watch films of hardship, killing, and starvation, then be forced to one of them camps, like lads army, without their mum being able to cuddle the litle ******* to sleep.

Bravo2Z - You know my views on this!!!

as for graffitti ..........ARGH dont get me started!!!
gone to calm down with a nice hot coffee!!!! BB

and they should also make both them, and their parents accountable for their actions!!!!

i hate these brats, and although its a=gainst the law, if one of these 15yr old ******* did something to my family, i would not stabb them 12 times, but would give them a severe kicking!!!!

its the only language i think they understand.