Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Scary story ....

Search this Thread

Old 10 September 2002, 08:31 AM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That url is as irrelevant as any other media hype/speculation surrounding the case. Read the rest of the guy's website. Hes obsessive about conspiracy theories and appears to hold a large grudge against the US military.

Suggest we all wait for the court case.

Deano

[Edited by dsmith - 10/9/2002 8:32:02 AM]
Old 08 October 2002, 10:45 PM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

About 8 years ago ny wife's best friend met a bloke during her summer break from teacher training college. They got engaged briefly and myself and my wife met them one night in a pub. Seemed a decent enough chap at the time, but a bit clingy. She went back to college and he broke it off as he didn't want her to go ...

My wife saw her a couple of weeks back and she asked my wife if she remembered this chap ......

His name was Ian Huntley.
Old 08 October 2002, 11:58 PM
Grottbags
Scooby Regular

Would now be a good time just to remind people that he has not yet been found guilty by a jury in a court of law of anything to do with the girls deaths yet?

And to say to all those people who thought he'd get to hide behind the Mental Health Act and not face trial despite what myself and some others said about it not happening if he was deemed mentally well enough, see, he is facing trial.

Or maybe not. After all, most people have already convicted him.

I just hope that if ever I'm accused of any wrong doing of any sort, people will hope I'm innocent until proven otherwise.
Old 09 October 2002, 12:11 AM
boomer
Scooby Senior

At the risk of not being politically correct, this URL is food for thought!

mb
Old 09 October 2002, 08:49 AM
SimonH
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

What a quality fruitcake site that is!
Old 09 October 2002, 09:25 AM
Ferne
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

You will all be totally sickened by what happened to these two poor girls when the reports are released. Whether Huntley or Carr were involved or not you have to agree that there was a substantial amount of evidence gathered from the school/their house/his parents house and his grandmothers house. AND before anyone says I'm accusing them before they've been to court I'M NOT!!!!!

Old 09 October 2002, 11:01 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Unhappy

Sadly, trial by media is now a reality in this country. It wouldn't matter if the guy was guilty or innocent, he can't get a fair trial in this country, after what has been reported in the press/on TV.
Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?
Ask teachers, who are suspended on the slightest accusation, most of which are spurious, how it feels to have to go back, when everyone knows they have been "sacked"!!
And, yes, I know we have to protect kids, but I still say we've gone too far.
Old 09 October 2002, 03:54 PM
Grottbags
Scooby Regular

Ferne - What evidence? They've not told us what evidence has been found have they?
Old 09 October 2002, 04:01 PM
jasonwrxowner
Scooby Regular

Grottbags. Nothing has been released as this would predudice the trial.

If you need all of the gory details then I am sure that you will find out in due course.

Personally I just want them to get a fair trial and if the evidence is enough to convict them then that is good egough for me.

Old 09 October 2002, 04:08 PM
Grottbags
Scooby Regular

I think the point I was trying to make Jason was that Ferne could not know that substantial evidence had been obtained from all those places because they won't have told us.

Try and keep up
Old 09 October 2002, 04:09 PM
TomM
Scooby Regular

I saw on the news last night how he has now been moved to a real prison as opposed to the facility where he was help before, that had a gym and a pool!!

Something tells me he will have it a bit harder now!, ******.

His trial wont be until next summer.
Old 09 October 2002, 06:03 PM
STi go fast
Scooby Regular

slightly off topic....what happened to the minutes silence at football stadiums and supermarkets when they found amanda dowler?

T
Old 09 October 2002, 07:06 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Deano,

i agree that the guy running the website is obsessive, especially about the US military - however he does make some good points about the way that the two accused have been treat.

The third main block of text on the site (after the aerial photos) questions the police behavior. We don't know under what conditions Huntley has been kept, but some of the suggestions are worrying (for a currently innocent person).

As for "substantial evidence" - sounds a bit like what B.Liar has on Iraq (we can't show you it all because...), but then i might start sounding like an obsessive anti-military person

mb
Old 09 October 2002, 07:18 PM
Philip Attaway
Scooby Regular

Location: RS6 heaven. 505/445 Scooby Eater (whilst watching TV)
Unhappy

They may well be innocent..but who else would have access to the school's ceramics kiln?

This is what I was told from a reliable source, ahem copper, hence the delay in confirming their identities.

Phil
Old 09 October 2002, 08:22 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

I have been told how they were killed and let's just say, it aint pretty. Whoever did it is one very sick individual
Old 09 October 2002, 08:29 PM
Shark
Scooby Regular

I've said this before here and in voice, the police would not have arrested and charged them both without good reason. Can you emagine the public outrage if they got this one wrong?

We're not talking about the guy who got arrested for nicking a car after all.

David
Old 09 October 2002, 10:08 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Evidence can be fabricated and planted. Haven't you learnt of anything from the OJ case or the war on terror?
Old 10 October 2002, 07:45 AM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Angry

I've said this before here and in voice, the police would not have arrested and charged them both without good reason. Can you emagine the public outrage if they got this one wrong?
So what you're saying is that the trial isn't necessary, 'cos the police clearly wouldn't have arrested and charged him if he wasn't guilty?

FFS, get a life.

I'm all for justice, and hanging/castrating/lynching/etc whoever is responsible for the murder, but let's not have a trial by media, eh? The current developments in the Falconio case should be a good enough indicator as to how wrong the media can get it.... [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10 October 2002, 08:31 AM
AnDy_PaNdY
Scooby Regular

Good point, I was convinced Joanne Leese killed Peter Falconio, she seemed such a shifty cowbag.
Old 10 October 2002, 08:45 AM
Ferne
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Grottbags - I have it first hand from a reporter on the case, and they certainly know more than they are allowed to report for obvious reasons - and as Dream Weaver said it's a sick person who would do such a thing.
Old 10 October 2002, 08:55 AM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Question

I have it first hand from a reporter on the case, and they certainly know more than they are allowed to report for obvious reasons - and as Dream Weaver said it's a sick person who would do such a thing.
Come on then, spill the beans....
Old 10 October 2002, 08:58 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Angry

Not wanting to say too much, and trying to be tactful, lets just say the police didn't find 2 "bodies". [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10 October 2002, 09:02 AM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Not wanting to say too much, and trying to be tactful, lets just say the police didn't find 2 "bodies".
Yeah, that's been widely reported in the press. They were 'skeletonised' and had to be identified from dental records.

If you know something, stop messing about and tell us. If you can't/won't mention it, then stop trying to drop "hints"....
Old 10 October 2002, 09:17 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Not much more than that Mark am afraid. Obviously dont read the right "press". Was told how they were found by a policeman that was on the scene in graphic detail. Similar to that really is all I know
Old 10 October 2002, 09:33 AM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Not much more than that Mark am afraid.
Fair enough. I stupidly assumed that when you said "I have been told how they were killed" that you were meaning you'd been told how they'd been killed, not that you'd just heard some of the media speculation on the exact state of the bodies when they were found.

Silly me.
Old 10 October 2002, 10:06 AM
Shark
Scooby Regular

MarkO

So what you're saying is that the trial isn't necessary, 'cos the police clearly wouldn't have arrested and charged him if he wasn't guilty?

FFS, get a life.
Let me clarify my point. A trial is absolutely necessary, right and proper, all I am saying is that the police would not have arrested and charged Huntley without good reason. Nowhere in my post did I say he was guilty. All I am saying is that 1000s of man hours have gone into the police investigation, and I doubt that the police would 'frame' the guy.

As for getting a life, I have one thank you, and it's rather nice

David
Old 10 October 2002, 10:10 AM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Nowhere in my post did I say he was guilty
Fair enough. But in the context of the thread and other comments already been made, the implication was exactly that.
Old 10 October 2002, 10:14 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Just as a point of order, if someone has evidence that would prejudice the trial then it would be stupid in the extreme to publish it on a bbs. Plus your reporter friend could find himself in all sorts of legal stuff.

So, don't ask for it, don't post it.

After all, the initial reports in the Sun were that this was the result of the evil Internet which, as we all know, is a haven for paedophiles who lure unsuspecting boys and girls to meetings.

Imagine what they'd publish if this trial is fecked up on a technicality because of something published on the net?

Especially as the papers have been so diligent in trying and convicting the suspects already.

Nick.
Old 10 October 2002, 10:22 AM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

After reading Joe Vialls' website, I think he's missed a point.
The convienient arrests of policemen taking part on the Holly and Jessica case are too coincidental.
I believe that these officers had a morality check and were about to 'spill the beans' on the fact that this was all a cover-up initiated to protect our 'friends', the USofA. So, in order to keep these upstanding officers under control, they pinned this subtle offence on them, one that could easily be 'blown up' to make the rest of their lives a misery should they not co-operate or, on the other hand, easily forgotten should they fall back into line.

This, of course, is my own humble opinion. I'd like to write more on this subject but I'm afraid I must go and put underwear on my head, a pencil up each nostril and say "wibble" at passers-by

[Edited by DavidLewis - 10/10/2002 10:25:27 AM]
Old 10 October 2002, 05:18 PM
Grottbags
Scooby Regular

Ferne - all I'm saying is the only people who *actually* know what evidence has been found are the police and the only one's who will find out are the people involved in the court case.

A reporter is unlikely to be told what evidence has been found incase they go and jeopardise the court case by releasing details.