Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Dammit!!! Just got flashed on the M6.....

Search this Thread

Old 05 September 2002, 12:35 AM
beefola
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As above, just past Stafford, there are some roadworks restricted to 50, and i got flashed doing 60. ****.
That really aint what you want after driving from Manchester to Coventry, loading up a van, driving it to Essex, unloading it, then driving back up to Manchester to get flashed!
B@stards.
Thing is, the 4 cars behind me also got flashed, and it was about midnight, so is there a chance it'll have run out of film? It seems that everyone was being got, and it was late in the day.
Beef
Old 05 September 2002, 12:51 AM
Little Miss WRX

If it is the stretch with the Gatsos then my radar detector goes off along there, I wouldn't hold your hopes up high.

With that speed I think you may be looking at a fixed penalty of 3 points and £60 - fingers crossed!

I can't remember where the SPECS roadworks are, but I hope you didn't go through them.

Most of the roadworks have cameras now, so it is best just to sit patiently at the set limit.
I think the ones at J4 of the M6 do not have speed cameras of any form.
Old 05 September 2002, 01:16 AM
Claudius
Scooby Regular

I hate it when I see the flash before I see the camera. No time to put on a smile for the pic, showing my (perfect) teeth, like this: n (did I mention my licence plate turns out white when flashed? )
Old 05 September 2002, 01:36 AM
King RA
BANNED

Beefola purchase a dectector of some kind. The initial outlay should pay for itself and save your licence.
Old 05 September 2002, 02:17 AM
pacenote
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Angry

Be careful, went northbound through roadworks on M6 near junction 4 yesterday at about 15.00 hrs and there was a mobile gatso in van parked on one of the overbridges. I've seen this on roadworks on M42 just after crossing over M6 (going north again)as well.
Old 05 September 2002, 07:19 AM
Chrisgr31
Scooby Regular

Yes I always stick to 50 (or whatever the limit is) through roadworks these days as so many have cameras in them it just makes life easier. Must puzzle all those I have flown past before entering them though!

As regards film you may well be lucky, unfortunately though you have a 2 week wait to find out, however if its not your van, prepare for an even longer wait!
Old 05 September 2002, 09:53 AM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

I always stick to the speed limit in roadworks whether there are cameras or not. People working on the motorway do not want cars whipping past at 80 mph whilst they only have the protection of traffic cone to save them in an accident. I watched a programme about people who do roadworks on motorways and all of them had stories of someone or other getting run over or hit by the passing traffic, a real eye opener, it turns out that life insurance is next to impossible to get also, as its so hazardous an occupation.
Old 05 September 2002, 11:58 AM
beefola
Scooby Regular

Indeed i agree totally guys (and gals). I usually keep to the resztricted limit, its just that after a very long day's driving i was knackered and not on the ball. I'd just finished a can of Red Bull too...... Oh well, i'll see what happens in 2 weeks....
Bugger.
Beef