Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Tap water v bottled water

Search this Thread

Old 30 November 2019, 07:29 AM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Tap water v bottled water

TBH which ever plonker came up with that one good on them well done.

Me, tap fine. When I have a bottle I now get hard time from my 14 year old daughter about single use plastics

Arrgh FFS. I used to drink from a hose on the farm I worked at years ago
Old 30 November 2019, 07:48 AM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

"dad im thirsty" ,,, "plenty of council Pop in the tap over there"

explains my childhood and my tendency to drink from anywhere that looks clean lol
The following 2 users liked this post by domino46:
Old 30 November 2019, 09:39 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I’m no environmentalist, but this gets my goat.

I’ve never been a fan of using plastics for everything long before before these virtue signally snowflakes and enviro-terrorists jumped on the bandwagon and blamed me someone living nowhere near the sea or river for dumping bottles into the sea in South Asia. I recall 20yrs ago the shame as I was driven out of Durban (SA) (May have been Port Elizabeth) past the townships that stretched as far as the eye could see and for the best part of driving for 30mins at 50km/h all I could see was rubbish strewn everywhere; mainly plastic bags and bottles never have I seen since so much rubbish just strewn everywhere for so far and wide in every direction...it looked like there had been a tsunami.

Nor have I felt the frustration increase as its use increases needlessly; Plastic manifolds, cam covers (or combined as both Ford/Peugeot/JLR you utter B*****ds) and the trend for plastic sump plugs FFS. And then we have China refusing to take our rubbish when a large chunk of it was manufactured by them in the first place (and I bet unscrupulous cargo transporters regular dumped it overboard so they could make more return trips).

Sorry, ranting off topic...

But what annoys me most is carting billions of plastic bottles of water across Europe (and the world) when you can get the f***ing stuff straight out the tap and it is on the most part fine (Not in parts of rural Spain - whilst it looked clear out the tap, filled the bath or swimming pool and it was green and the chloromine level was extremely high! The swimming pool water, once correctly treated was better than the tap water ). And worse still some Extinction-Rebellion fanatic or Eco mentalistic c**t preaching to me about killing the planet when they are drinking out of a bottle of Volvic or Evian...re-used or not its sodding plastic and water transported across Europe in plastic packaging via diesel HGVs needlessly congesting our already overcrowded roads further and polluting as a result as well as creating needless waste just so you don’t need to stick your head under a f**king tap (or god forbid a f***king paper cup, or my old favourite tin mug).

And then we have the lar-de-dar water...San Pellegrino, Italian water? Fiji water!?!..oh f**k off!

If anything should be enviro-taxed to the hilt its imported water. All that French stuff, hell even the Scottish stuff dragged down south, we don’t need it when there’s plenty of closer local water sources...for me that’s probably Buxton or Brecon Carreg, used to be Malvern (which apparantly was the Queen’s preference) until Coca-Cola shut it down

That said, my Electrician does have a conspiracy theory that contaminated water is the cause for children developing into LGBTQs.

Then we have those that complain of purity, fine, but I often find some taste, well, like tainted of plastic, so its not ‘that’ pure...is it? If you want pure distill the stuff (although thats rather wasteful if energy unless you do it via renewables).

Last edited by ALi-B; 30 November 2019 at 10:46 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Old 01 December 2019, 10:26 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Quite right londoners should be sipping Peckham spring / tap water

there is certianly far too many people stcking up bottled water in their trolleys Lidl , that dont look like traders

SA etc there terrible for lack of rubbish collecion not even sure it exists some places , they buried it in back garden .

they used plastic bags ,wich they called paper , for starting fires to cook
Old 02 December 2019, 02:01 PM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ALi-B
I’m no environmentalist, but this gets my goat.

I’ve never been a fan of using plastics for everything long before before these virtue signally snowflakes and enviro-terrorists jumped on the bandwagon and blamed me someone living nowhere near the sea or river for dumping bottles into the sea in South Asia. I recall 20yrs ago the shame as I was driven out of Durban (SA) (May have been Port Elizabeth) past the townships that stretched as far as the eye could see and for the best part of driving for 30mins at 50km/h all I could see was rubbish strewn everywhere; mainly plastic bags and bottles never have I seen since so much rubbish just strewn everywhere for so far and wide in every direction...it looked like there had been a tsunami.

Nor have I felt the frustration increase as its use increases needlessly; Plastic manifolds, cam covers (or combined as both Ford/Peugeot/JLR you utter B*****ds) and the trend for plastic sump plugs FFS. And then we have China refusing to take our rubbish when a large chunk of it was manufactured by them in the first place (and I bet unscrupulous cargo transporters regular dumped it overboard so they could make more return trips).

Sorry, ranting off topic...

But what annoys me most is carting billions of plastic bottles of water across Europe (and the world) when you can get the f***ing stuff straight out the tap and it is on the most part fine (Not in parts of rural Spain - whilst it looked clear out the tap, filled the bath or swimming pool and it was green and the chloromine level was extremely high! The swimming pool water, once correctly treated was better than the tap water ). And worse still some Extinction-Rebellion fanatic or Eco mentalistic c**t preaching to me about killing the planet when they are drinking out of a bottle of Volvic or Evian...re-used or not its sodding plastic and water transported across Europe in plastic packaging via diesel HGVs needlessly congesting our already overcrowded roads further and polluting as a result as well as creating needless waste just so you don’t need to stick your head under a f**king tap (or god forbid a f***king paper cup, or my old favourite tin mug).

And then we have the lar-de-dar water...San Pellegrino, Italian water? Fiji water!?!..oh f**k off!

If anything should be enviro-taxed to the hilt its imported water. All that French stuff, hell even the Scottish stuff dragged down south, we don’t need it when there’s plenty of closer local water sources...for me that’s probably Buxton or Brecon Carreg, used to be Malvern (which apparantly was the Queen’s preference) until Coca-Cola shut it down

That said, my Electrician does have a conspiracy theory that contaminated water is the cause for children developing into LGBTQs.

Then we have those that complain of purity, fine, but I often find some taste, well, like tainted of plastic, so its not ‘that’ pure...is it? If you want pure distill the stuff (although thats rather wasteful if energy unless you do it via renewables).
Ali-B - I agree with you 100% - they should pretty much outright ban bottled water in plastic bottles - completely unnecessary in this country
In fact I'd go as far as to say ban all soft drinks in plastic bottles - at least Cans and Glass can be recycled - at the very least all Cafes/Restaurants should only supply cans/bottles - we were on Holiday in Devon and there was a big campaign on the beach about 'Collect 2 pieces of plastic' every trip to the beach - the Beachside Cafe sold a massive fridge full of drinks - all in plastic bottles - not a Can to be had even if you wanted one... it's not rocket science is it?
Old 02 December 2019, 04:19 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Tap water is very highly regulated, bottled water could be 50% sheep ****, simple as.

Also some bottled waers are just bottled tap water, Bottled water is the biggest scam going
Old 02 December 2019, 05:59 PM
Sad Weevil
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I never buy the stuff. Completely pointless, and dragging it around the country and importing it is just insane. Single use plastic is an insane concept too. Free market fail. Someone managed to create demand for something that nobody needed.