Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone had prostatitis?

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2019, 07:21 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone had prostatitis?

Lovely topic I know, but worth a shot ..

After a sudden injury last year I started getting pain around my ****, no specific but very uncomfortable. Over the months it's moved around a bit and recently been in pretty much all my sensitive areas.

Doctors kept telling me to live with it, so I went private. They think it could be prostatitis, I've had blood work, urine and an MRI as well as a colonoscopy and upper CT scan. Results from the MRI next week and everything else seems ok. My Prostate is normal size but softer than it should be.

They put me on antibiotics for 6 weeks and the day after I started my bladder went a bit crazy. I need a wee or at least I feel like I need an urgent wee most of the time. It comes and goes much like the suggested diagnosis of prostatitis.

I have zero faith in doctors so turned to Google .. now I have cancer, aids and I'm pregnant.

Ruining my life at the moment, the pain isn't bad, it's the fear of not knowing and the risk of further issues. At the moment I can **** fine, which is great, but I'm worried that could change .. although at this point, no reason to think it would especially whilst I'm on the drugs.

Anyone had anything similar or offer suggestions for relief?
Old 24 May 2019, 07:45 PM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

Can't **** as hard as I used to to unless I have a skinfull, sorry can't help otherwise
Old 24 May 2019, 07:51 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
Lovely topic I know, but worth a shot ..

After a sudden injury last year I started getting pain around my ****, no specific but very uncomfortable. Over the months it's moved around a bit and recently been in pretty much all my sensitive areas.

Doctors kept telling me to live with it, so I went private. They think it could be prostatitis, I've had blood work, urine and an MRI as well as a colonoscopy and upper CT scan. Results from the MRI next week and everything else seems ok. My Prostate is normal size but softer than it should be.

They put me on antibiotics for 6 weeks and the day after I started my bladder went a bit crazy. I need a wee or at least I feel like I need an urgent wee most of the time. It comes and goes much like the suggested diagnosis of prostatitis.

I have zero faith in doctors so turned to Google .. now I have cancer, aids and I'm pregnant.

Ruining my life at the moment, the pain isn't bad, it's the fear of not knowing and the risk of further issues. At the moment I can **** fine, which is great, but I'm worried that could change .. although at this point, no reason to think it would especially whilst I'm on the drugs.

Anyone had anything similar or offer suggestions for relief?

I understand from conversation with others that the prostate is difficult to get decent amount of antibiotics into the prostate hence the long term usage. It probably a good sign that your peeing more freely. Take the whole course of antibiotics. Your body should settle down afterwards. I have taken 2 weeks of antibiotics before and it really upset my guts. take lots of probiotics to help counteract the killing of the 'good' gut bacteria by the antibiotics. I was taking probiotics 3 times a day and it did help me
Old 25 May 2019, 07:57 AM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Saw palmetto is great to get things moving, as is quercetin so lots of tonic water.
Cut down on refined foods and sugar, increase fruit and veg. Drinking kefir is good for health.

Less alcohol, the prostate really dislikes it.
This problem is natures way of telling you things need to change.
Old 25 May 2019, 09:29 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Well , at least youve got it all checked out down there
Old 25 May 2019, 10:39 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andy97
I understand from conversation with others that the prostate is difficult to get decent amount of antibiotics into the prostate hence the long term usage. It probably a good sign that your peeing more freely. Take the whole course of antibiotics. Your body should settle down afterwards. I have taken 2 weeks of antibiotics before and it really upset my guts. take lots of probiotics to help counteract the killing of the 'good' gut bacteria by the antibiotics. I was taking probiotics 3 times a day and it did help me
Not doing me any harm so far guts wise, been a week. If anything my IBS is better for it, which isn't uncommon. My peeing has been find throughout, just feel like I need to go a lot now and it feels urgent, but just stays like that. When I go it's not even half a bladder full.

Originally Posted by hux309
Saw palmetto is great to get things moving, as is quercetin so lots of tonic water.
Cut down on refined foods and sugar, increase fruit and veg. Drinking kefir is good for health.

Less alcohol, the prostate really dislikes it.
This problem is natures way of telling you things need to change.
I don't drink, don't smoke, only drink water, very strict diet as it is

Originally Posted by dpb
Well , at least youve got it all checked out down there
True
Old 03 June 2019, 12:59 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Assuming it is prostatitis then Ciprofloxacin is the best AB to penetrate the prostate, however its got quite a few side effects.

Prostatitis in men often causes depression for some reason so try and keep your spirits up. As long as all the scans etc are normal then you know nothing is going to kill you. It can often settle down and never come back again.

If chronic occasionally a prostatic massage under GA is suggested. Though Urologists still seem to undertake this procedure I'm doubtful about the evidence that supports it.

Good luck

Last edited by Dingdongler; 03 June 2019 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03 June 2019, 01:46 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dingdongler
Assuming it is prostatitis then Ciprofloxacin is the best AB to penetrate the prostate, however its got quite a few side effects.

Prostatitis in men often causes depression for some reason so try and keep your spirits up. As long as all the scans etc are normal then you know nothing is going to kill you. It can often settle down and never come back again.

If chronic occasionally a prostatic massage under GA is suggested. Though Urologists still seem to undertake this procedure I'm doubtful about the evidence that supports it.

Good luck
Thanks, I have six weeks of Ciprofloxacin, the exam, bloods and MRI all suggest prostatitis. Feels less firm, MRI shows grey areas around the edge and the blood is 46? when it should be much lower? I dunno.

Hopefully it goes away .. 8 months now the doctors have been telling me it's all in my head
Old 01 July 2019, 03:35 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dingdongler

Good luck
6 weeks of Ciprofloxacin completed, the bladder discomfort pretty much went away, but appears to have returned today. My Urologist is telling me to wait 6 weeks due to the antibiotics taking that long even after treatment to work.

Driving me crazy.