ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Anyone had prostatitis? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1059016-anyone-had-prostatitis.html)

pimmo2000 24 May 2019 07:21 PM

Anyone had prostatitis?

Lovely topic I know, but worth a shot ..

After a sudden injury last year I started getting pain around my arse, no specific but very uncomfortable. Over the months it's moved around a bit and recently been in pretty much all my sensitive areas.

Doctors kept telling me to live with it, so I went private. They think it could be prostatitis, I've had blood work, urine and an MRI as well as a colonoscopy and upper CT scan. Results from the MRI next week and everything else seems ok. My Prostate is normal size but softer than it should be.

They put me on antibiotics for 6 weeks and the day after I started my bladder went a bit crazy. I need a wee or at least I feel like I need an urgent wee most of the time. It comes and goes much like the suggested diagnosis of prostatitis.

I have zero faith in doctors so turned to Google .. now I have cancer, aids and I'm pregnant.

Ruining my life at the moment, the pain isn't bad, it's the fear of not knowing and the risk of further issues. At the moment I can piss fine, which is great, but I'm worried that could change .. although at this point, no reason to think it would especially whilst I'm on the drugs.

Anyone had anything similar or offer suggestions for relief?

hedgecutter 24 May 2019 07:45 PM

Can't piss as hard as I used to to unless I have a skinfull, sorry can't help otherwise

andy97 24 May 2019 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 12053654)
Lovely topic I know, but worth a shot ..

After a sudden injury last year I started getting pain around my arse, no specific but very uncomfortable. Over the months it's moved around a bit and recently been in pretty much all my sensitive areas.

Doctors kept telling me to live with it, so I went private. They think it could be prostatitis, I've had blood work, urine and an MRI as well as a colonoscopy and upper CT scan. Results from the MRI next week and everything else seems ok. My Prostate is normal size but softer than it should be.

They put me on antibiotics for 6 weeks and the day after I started my bladder went a bit crazy. I need a wee or at least I feel like I need an urgent wee most of the time. It comes and goes much like the suggested diagnosis of prostatitis.

I have zero faith in doctors so turned to Google .. now I have cancer, aids and I'm pregnant.

Ruining my life at the moment, the pain isn't bad, it's the fear of not knowing and the risk of further issues. At the moment I can piss fine, which is great, but I'm worried that could change .. although at this point, no reason to think it would especially whilst I'm on the drugs.

Anyone had anything similar or offer suggestions for relief?

I understand from conversation with others that the prostate is difficult to get decent amount of antibiotics into the prostate hence the long term usage. It probably a good sign that your peeing more freely. Take the whole course of antibiotics. Your body should settle down afterwards. I have taken 2 weeks of antibiotics before and it really upset my guts. take lots of probiotics to help counteract the killing of the 'good' gut bacteria by the antibiotics. I was taking probiotics 3 times a day and it did help me

hux309 25 May 2019 07:57 AM

Saw palmetto is great to get things moving, as is quercetin so lots of tonic water.
Cut down on refined foods and sugar, increase fruit and veg. Drinking kefir is good for health.

Less alcohol, the prostate really dislikes it.
This problem is natures way of telling you things need to change.

dpb 25 May 2019 09:29 AM

Well , at least youve got it all checked out down there

pimmo2000 25 May 2019 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by andy97 (Post 12053663)
I understand from conversation with others that the prostate is difficult to get decent amount of antibiotics into the prostate hence the long term usage. It probably a good sign that your peeing more freely. Take the whole course of antibiotics. Your body should settle down afterwards. I have taken 2 weeks of antibiotics before and it really upset my guts. take lots of probiotics to help counteract the killing of the 'good' gut bacteria by the antibiotics. I was taking probiotics 3 times a day and it did help me

Not doing me any harm so far guts wise, been a week. If anything my IBS is better for it, which isn't uncommon. My peeing has been find throughout, just feel like I need to go a lot now and it feels urgent, but just stays like that. When I go it's not even half a bladder full.

Originally Posted by hux309 (Post 12053690)
Saw palmetto is great to get things moving, as is quercetin so lots of tonic water.
Cut down on refined foods and sugar, increase fruit and veg. Drinking kefir is good for health.

Less alcohol, the prostate really dislikes it.
This problem is natures way of telling you things need to change.

I don't drink, don't smoke, only drink water, very strict diet as it is :(

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 12053693)
Well , at least youve got it all checked out down there

True

Dingdongler 03 June 2019 12:59 PM

Assuming it is prostatitis then Ciprofloxacin is the best AB to penetrate the prostate, however its got quite a few side effects.

Prostatitis in men often causes depression for some reason so try and keep your spirits up. As long as all the scans etc are normal then you know nothing is going to kill you. It can often settle down and never come back again.

If chronic occasionally a prostatic massage under GA is suggested. Though Urologists still seem to undertake this procedure I'm doubtful about the evidence that supports it.

Good luck

pimmo2000 03 June 2019 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Dingdongler (Post 12054354)
Assuming it is prostatitis then Ciprofloxacin is the best AB to penetrate the prostate, however its got quite a few side effects.

Prostatitis in men often causes depression for some reason so try and keep your spirits up. As long as all the scans etc are normal then you know nothing is going to kill you. It can often settle down and never come back again.

If chronic occasionally a prostatic massage under GA is suggested. Though Urologists still seem to undertake this procedure I'm doubtful about the evidence that supports it.

Good luck

Thanks, I have six weeks of Ciprofloxacin, the exam, bloods and MRI all suggest prostatitis. Feels less firm, MRI shows grey areas around the edge and the blood is 46? when it should be much lower? I dunno.

Hopefully it goes away .. 8 months now the doctors have been telling me it's all in my head

pimmo2000 01 July 2019 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dingdongler (Post 12054354)

Good luck

6 weeks of Ciprofloxacin completed, the bladder discomfort pretty much went away, but appears to have returned today. My Urologist is telling me to wait 6 weeks due to the antibiotics taking that long even after treatment to work.

Driving me crazy.