Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Insurance problem...NFU Mutual

Search this Thread

Old 09 January 2018, 07:52 PM
fatscoobfella1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance problem...NFU Mutual

Late November a herd of cows escaped from a field and to cut a long story short did damage to my car,It was 3.35am and car was parked on my driveway.

Police informed and they dealt with the situation and passed me the details of the cows owners. I went around to the house and they agreed to liability,and passed me on to the insurance company they used (NFU Mutual)

They called me and said that an engineer would come to access the damage and get the car repaired.... No call from engineers,waited a week and then called again.. Apologies and promised to pass all details for engineer to call me to get appointment.. Again nothing happened..

After 4 weeks of being promised to,lied to,never had calls returned and generally ignored i took car to bodyshop we use and got them to quote for the repair.
I called insurance and told them of the situation,they gave email to send pictures and costs. This was December 22nd.. They said they would call between Christmas and New year to give the go ahead.

Still no call, so i left it until 5th Jan,called again...

They said they didnt receive any emails and could we send them again with all details.
I contacted the garage who sent them again yesterday..

So....

It sounds to me like they are giving me the runaround and generally pissing me off...

Is there anything else i can do besides try and make myself more of a nuisance ?

My car has had close to £2000 of damage on it for nearly 2 months and NFU Mutual dont seem to give a flying ****...
Old 09 January 2018, 08:16 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Call them and tell them you are going to give them 7 days to fix you car. You need to also tell them you are sending the notice recorded delivery and need a contact name for it.
Tell them that failure to fix it within the time you’ll take them to court to pay for it.

Depending on damage you could press on feeling unsafe in a damaged car / wanted to sell it but can’t with a HUGE dent etc
Old 09 January 2018, 08:30 PM
fatscoobfella1
Scooby Regular

Thanks,

There is a certain element of truth there as the car was for sale when the incident happened.

I just immedietly withdrew it from sale and thought it would be repaired with a few weeks..

Aholes..
Old 09 January 2018, 08:50 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Write to CEO of NFU Mutual and copy to cows' owner.

Perhaps your home insurance guys could help?

=========

Joking of course but take a Netflix attitude and threaten to shoot a cow every 24 hrs until car repaired.

There is a classic SN post about cows trampling on a car trying to drive down a country lane if you have the time to search.

dl
Old 09 January 2018, 10:17 PM
DTB
Scooby Regular

Claim through your own insurance and they will recover costs from NFU mutual.
Old 10 January 2018, 10:22 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by David Lock

There is a classic SN post about cows trampling on a car trying to drive down a country lane if you have the time to search.

dl
Norman D Landings, one of the best SN threads ever
Old 10 January 2018, 10:45 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have legal cover on any of your insurance policies?
If so, then get them involved.

Trending Topics

Old 10 January 2018, 11:35 AM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
Norman D Landings, one of the best SN threads ever
I remember this! Ended up in prison
Old 10 January 2018, 02:04 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I assume this is the fella?

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...-stampede.html

Will enjoy reading that when I get home...
Old 10 January 2018, 04:00 PM
Pross
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NFU are a bunch of *****.

A while ago my GF was run off the road in the lanes by an old boy in the lanes, she was driving my other car, but insured in my name with her as a named driver fully comp.

So my insurance company writes off my car and we got a payout within a week and i went off and bought her another car.

end of story we thought.. turns out the old boy is with NFU and he couldnt be bothered to contact them .. every time my company contacted the nfu the old boy never answered and queries, so my company couldnt claim the costs back from the nfu, they told me it would probably go to court eventually.

So after all that i got my renewal quote back in october, it went from 450 full comp all mods declared to 3500!!!. All because i had an unclosed claim.

So I sold my car, her I am in late forties expected to pay 3500 a year, i dont think so.

FU.NFU.
Old 10 January 2018, 05:59 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Just see one of the no win no fee solicitors, it will soon be sorted for you
Old 10 January 2018, 08:51 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Ring up, speak to a supervisor/manager and ask exactly what the situation is.

It could be that they are extremely busy and there is a slight backlog, the amount of claims at this time of year could mean they may take longer than normal.

They will (or at least should) be very keen for you to claim via themselves, as if you go via your own insurer or claims management company the costs will spiral for them. Use that to your advantage and i suspect it'll get sorted quicker
Old 11 January 2018, 08:15 AM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RobsyUK
Call them and tell them you are going to give them 7 days to fix you car. You need to also tell them you are sending the notice recorded delivery and need a contact name for it.
Tell them that failure to fix it within the time you’ll take them to court to pay for it.

Depending on damage you could press on feeling unsafe in a damaged car / wanted to sell it but can’t with a HUGE dent etc
Hopefully won't happen to you and NFU will see sense, but I was watching one of those bailiffs programs on TV the other night and somebody got a high court writ(?) against EasyJet and the lads popped to the head office at Luton Airport and said they've come to collect ~£1800 and if they didn't pay, they'd start removing goods. Strangely enough somebody popped down from the finance department and paid it in full. EJ made a statement saying it as an administrative oversight......course it was.....

The original outstanding amount was just over £1k.

Good luck.
Old 11 January 2018, 04:47 PM
fatscoobfella1
Scooby Regular

Thanks for replies....

When i spoke to them again on Monday they said that they would make contact with a couple of days to sort out the confirmation to the repairer..

Still didnt hear so called them again today....

They have all the information and its been passed to the engineer section today and i should hear from the repairing garage within 24 hours with regards to car repair.

Im not holding my breath and can see me having to call them again on Monday.

Every time i call,it "seems" it prompts the next move... It probably doesnt,bit i guess their placation tactics make you think so.
If i never called im sure that nothing would ever be done in the hope that i would forget about the £2000 of damage on the car.

All in all,its extremely disappointing as i thought NFU was one of the "premium" insurance companies,when in reality they treat 3rd party non fault claimants as nuisances..

Whereas around 6 months ago,a woman drove into the back of us at some traffic lights and her insurer (Liverpool Victoria ) were excellent,on the ball with a hire car and paid out for total loss in 11 days.

NFU mutual will never see a penny out of me or my family again.
Old 12 January 2018, 12:12 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

And yet, they advertise saying they LIKE paying out...
Old 12 January 2018, 04:35 PM
fatscoobfella1
Scooby Regular

Annnnnnnddd............

No call...

Why am i not suprised..

NFU w@nkers
Old 15 January 2018, 02:09 AM
Greenslade
Scooby Regular

Interesting thread,.....our Impreza is insured with the NFU.

If I ever get an issue (I haven't so far), I'll march in to their local office.

I worked for them myself for a bit,......20-odd years ago
Old 30 January 2018, 08:25 PM
fatscoobfella1
Scooby Regular

Finally got them to approve repair.
Old 30 January 2018, 09:41 PM
DTB
Scooby Regular

Well done!

You shouldn't have had all that hassle though. NFU Mutual are without a doubt the worse insurance company I have ever had to deal with.
Old 31 January 2018, 10:45 AM
scoobydooooo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pross
NFU are a bunch of *****.

A while ago my GF was run off the road in the lanes by an old boy in the lanes, she was driving my other car, but insured in my name with her as a named driver fully comp.

So my insurance company writes off my car and we got a payout within a week and i went off and bought her another car.

end of story we thought.. turns out the old boy is with NFU and he couldnt be bothered to contact them .. every time my company contacted the nfu the old boy never answered and queries, so my company couldnt claim the costs back from the nfu, they told me it would probably go to court eventually.

So after all that i got my renewal quote back in october, it went from 450 full comp all mods declared to 3500!!!. All because i had an unclosed claim.

So I sold my car, her I am in late forties expected to pay 3500 a year, i dont think so.

FU.NFU.
I hate to ask it but how is that the NFU' s fault ??? surely it was the old **** for not reporting it , they can't pay out on unreported claims by their clients