Super Muppet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Any muppets

Still about ?
Old 01 August 2015, 10:29 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Not really, but a couple of us who used post in Muppets are still about.

Go on, what do you want to talk about?
Old 01 August 2015, 10:37 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Hey, have you got something to talk about or are you just tumbleweeding here?? Not that I blame you, it has been very quiet here.
Old 02 August 2015, 01:30 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

plenty of 'muppets' on this forum, not necessarily ones who used to post in the aptly named section either.

Holiday season removes even more people from here, it's almost dead normally but even deader this time of year.
Old 02 August 2015, 02:59 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PaulC72
plenty of 'muppets' on this forum, not necessarily ones who used to post in the aptly named section either.

Holiday season removes even more people from here, it's almost dead normally but even deader this time of year.
Jamie means the 'muppets' with rigorous sense of witty humour. actually, it didn't have to be always witty, it could be as absurd but it had to be funny. Being a 'muppet' was an honour in the Muppet Show, then. People used to self-nominate as 'a muppet', even when they didn't have the calibre. The king was Telboy and the queen was Bubba Po. To me, the best muppet was Chipti. He was Bubba Po's sidekick. He hated me for calling him that.

Authentic muppets (not the wannabe self-nominated ones) used to rip one another in humour something chronic but still remained friends. No one took offence of the intentional p1sstake, well, unless it went a bit too far on occasions. those authentic 'muppets' had this shared understanding of their jokes. No one needed to accompany a joke with to ensure the dignity of the victim, who would victimise in return, in that Muppet sport. In that sense, it was great fun. That doesn't exist here anymore.
Old 02 August 2015, 03:44 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

Pretty much the state of play in these modern,enlightened times of ours.
Say anything to wind someone up & it's straight to the 'OH!!! I'm so offended'.
response.

There are still a few enclaves of old school pi** taking still in existence.

My local community association has an upstairs snooker/pool room.These pompous prigs need to get in there for an evening & see how it's really done.
The unwritten rule is anything goes & strictly no violence.Everyone knows the score so if you start having a go at someone it's your own fault. Some fantastic long term odysseys of wit and banter and some real original belly laugh humour.

God,it's like a breath of fresh air.
Old 02 August 2015, 05:36 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by legb4rsk
Pretty much the state of play in these modern,enlightened times of ours.
Say anything to wind someone up & it's straight to the 'OH!!! I'm so offended'.
response.
Not sure about that. Modern days PC thingy can't be blamed for killing humour, although it was much relaxed then, and the old Skool SN Muppetry did involve non-PC stuff.

I think humour can be done without breaking the rules and without going non-PC. It's just that people who never ventured Muppet Show even then didn't have the quality and level of humour that the Muppet regulars had. Muppet Show regulars hardly exist here now, and if some remaining ones like me ever do try humouring others in that Muppet style, people don't get it. Fun banter and things like word play goes above people's head, or they go all awkward over it. If anything, just crude sexual jokes by some occasionally seem to amuse people here, but that doesn't fulfil the gap. Humour is much more than some titillating shyte.

In summary, this place is more serious than light hearted now. Healthy leg pulling/pun/repartee is hardly understood here.

There are still a few enclaves of old school pi** taking still in existence.

My local community association has an upstairs snooker/pool room.These pompous prigs need to get in there for an evening & see how it's really done.
The unwritten rule is anything goes & strictly no violence.Everyone knows the score so if you start having a go at someone it's your own fault. Some fantastic long term odysseys of wit and banter and some real original belly laugh humour.

God,it's like a breath of fresh air.
That's good. I use humour naturally even in my serious work. It's healthy to have fun imo.
Old 02 August 2015, 09:53 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Was talking to chris ward on my fb about setting up a mupptet CAMP TH it would be a nice meet up as we all have different cars now swati
Old 02 August 2015, 09:55 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Bring your own tent
Old 03 August 2015, 10:58 AM
TonyG
Scooby Regular

Location: The dark side of the Sun and owner of 2 fairy tokens

Old muppets... those were the days. And CW's camping trips. That was a long time ago.
Old 03 August 2015, 12:50 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamie
Was talking to chris ward on my fb about setting up a mupptet CAMP TH it would be a nice meet up as we all have different cars now swati
Originally Posted by Jamie
Bring your own tent
Good idea.

We had one plan going here for the NSR meet, but that thread had disappeared in thin air. One day it was here, and then the next day it was gone! Oh, well. That's internetters for you. Hope yours materialises despite the hurdles. Thanks for the invite but where are you guys going to have it, and what's the date? Who else is going?

Say my Hiya to CW better remembered as CharlieWhiskers. It was, I think, in 2007 when I saw him last on his flying visit (he was actually driving his scoob wagon, then) to Wales. I don't post on Facebook, but may pop my head in sometimes to put up a mundane 'good evening' thread in Muppet stylee there.
Old 03 August 2015, 12:53 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyG
Old muppets... those were the days. And CW's camping trips. That was a long time ago.
I hear that the muppets were terribly unruly in that event, and poor CW had to deal with some awful complaints from the camp site. Effing bunch of effing muppets!
Old 03 August 2015, 07:38 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Originally Posted by TonyG
It was tony so lets get this sorted
Old 03 August 2015, 07:46 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Tony i did about 4 might be 3 but worth a go again Cw is a great chap,I met some great people One camp i spent two days in my tent snotty nose everyone went muppeyt hill climbling whilst drunk at night.

Muppets.