CK1 Gets Bashed.....Again!

Search this Thread

Old 26 June 2001, 02:06 PM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

This really isn't my year.
Not two weeks after geting CK1 back from the bodyshop AND having the Hyperflow FMIC fitted, some old fogey muppet decides not to look to see if anyone is coming over the roundabout and proceeds to join anyway.
Unfortunately I'm already heading his way. He finally decides to look my way, sees me, and decides for whatever reason that the best plan of action would be to stop, completely blocking the roundabout!!
No prizes for guessing what happened next.
Fortunately, I had only just accelerated onto the roundabout so wasn't travelling that fast. Unfortunately, his muppet-mobile was equipped with a towbar.
The bumper and bonnet look a state, my headlight's in bits, and one of the bolts punctured the rad. As for the new fmic, well, it looks like a bow-tie.
Why do they continue to allow these people to drive on the road without any further tests? This muppet reckons he couldn't see me, I explained that as I wasn't approaching from the direction he was looking, he wouldn't have done!
It's in the hands of the insurers now, but I'm desperately trying to get the car back on the road for the Ring. I have another headlight (thanks Harj) and Elvis at TN is trying to see whether the fmic can be twisted back temporarily. It somehow avoided being punctured itself. If not, I will have to re-fit the top one.
The bonnet looks a mess, but still closes securely (anyone know of a green bonnet anywhere?).
The car will go back into the bodyshop aftr The Ring, and it may be an excuse to get a completely new bonnet. Maybe it's not such abad thing after all.

Stef.
Old 26 June 2001, 02:09 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

Really sorry to hear that stef.

Good luck with getting it back on the road.
Old 26 June 2001, 02:10 PM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Unlucky Stef
Old 26 June 2001, 02:11 PM
Jza
Scooby Regular

Flippin eck stef!!

You need to get that car Exorcised!!!

Do the doors ever close on their own - as if pushed by some invisible force - and bang your fingers??? Ever see pea green stuff coming out of the exhaust? I'd call a priest asap.....

Jza
Old 26 June 2001, 02:14 PM
robski
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

boohoo

still maybe its an excuse to take a 1.1 Ford Festa to the ring

Im sure you will think a little diferent about old wrinklies when you are one though.

robski
Old 26 June 2001, 02:15 PM
Rich_R
Scooby Regular

Unlucky m8 - hope you get it sorted

Still waiting for my fmic - time is running out before the ring

Hopefully we will see you Friday

Rich
Old 26 June 2001, 02:17 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Jeez,
you get the car back after CC, then get fmic, and then this happens. Condolences to you Stef. At least no damage was done to you.

Typical old codger driving situation. Old guy probably never took a test when he started to drive!

grrr, driver re-education programs for people lke this should be compulsory.
Old 26 June 2001, 02:19 PM
Gary Foster
Scooby Regular

My God, very sorry to hear this Stef mate

Having just been to court regarding a 'roundabout' claim, did you manage to get any witnesses ? It's just roundabout accidents normally go 50/50 and it sounds like it could be easily made to sound like your fault - you've hit the rear of his car with the front of yours.

Even the nicest people seem to manage to fabricate some massive lie when it's the difference between him or you losing your no claims bonus

Gary
Old 26 June 2001, 02:30 PM
IntegraR
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that, but that comment about getting it exorcised may be a good one, or at least painted a different colour.
I had a green car once, and never gave it a thoought until a few people joked "green car? thats unlucky".
I never took any notice, but after a short while of ownership, BAM!! low life smashes into it, and to top it off, the green car ensured I got the blame and it never even went to court (bye bye 3 years NCB ).
About a month after that, BAM!! rear ended at speed on the M1, another few weeks in the body shop, and all the while the folk who warned about the green car would nod their heads knowingly.
The final straw came when a learner scraped it down the one side a few weeks after getting it back from the previous crash
My insurance company would curse my name, people were still nodding knowingly (****ers!!), and I was tired of having the Hyundai Accent the repair shop kept giving me.
So, I got rid of the green demon, and am enjoying motoring as part of the great uncursed, never to venture near a sick, demented green car again.

Old 26 June 2001, 02:33 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

OMG

Join the club for the unluckies.

Cem
Old 26 June 2001, 02:41 PM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys.

Gary.
I actually hit the rear of his car on the corner. It simply then slipped along until it came to a halt on his tow-bar!
I took loads of digi piccis that clearly show that a) he was in the wrong lane anyway (he was in a left only lane and turning right????) and b) he was completely blocking my exit leaving me nowhere to go.
Helphire, a non-fault accident assistance company have agreed to take my claim on, and wouldn't have done unless they were completely confident that I was not at fault.
The benfits of using them over my own insurers are that a) I pay no excess and b) I get a more deserving car while mine is repaired, ie, not a Corsa.

Stef.
Old 26 June 2001, 02:44 PM
ChrisB

Hope you get things sorted for getting over to the Ring Stef.

ChrisB.
Old 26 June 2001, 02:45 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Your luck has got to change soon Stef !!!

Hope you get it sorted quickly

Lee
Old 26 June 2001, 02:46 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Very sorry to hear that Stef. Know how it feels. On Christmas day in 1996 my Big 560hp Ford got written off, two weeks after I had sorted out a fuel problem and was looking forward to taking it to Eastern Creek Raceway
for the quarter mile drags to see what improvements had been made. I never found out.

Still it could have been worse for you. Although the best of course, is for nothing to have happened in the first place. I wish you the best of luck in getting it sorted out. I agree with the other lads, get it exorcised. First thing I did when I got my Scoob.

WREXY.
Old 26 June 2001, 02:49 PM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Oh Nooooooo.

Jolly bad luck Stef. Hope it gets sorted (well reasonably) for you trip to the 'ring.
Old 26 June 2001, 02:58 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Fecking hell!

Unlucky m8!!!

Let me know if i can help in any way.

Paul
Old 26 June 2001, 03:00 PM
craigamungos
Scooby Regular

Red face

Sorry to hear about your bad look again,
At least your keeping someone in that bodyshop in there job and they do an exellent job.
Hope you get it sorted soon mate.
I think you need to change your brakes as well mate, Tell you what i'll take them off you if you like
Old 26 June 2001, 03:10 PM
Hyperflow
Former Sponsor

Unhappy

Oh Dear....

Old 26 June 2001, 03:22 PM
Missing Details
Scooby Newbie

Unhappy

ITS A SAD DAY FOR US ALL STEF .GREEN BONNET
AT GRADE A I WAS THERE YESTERDAY AND SAW ONE.
Old 26 June 2001, 03:33 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

Sorry to hear about CK1 Stef i went through a spate of accidents a few years back and its not fun but hope that you get CK1 back and sorted before the ring (if poss!!) and its always an excuse for a light weight bonnet anyway

Tony

[This message has been edited by TonyBurns (edited 26 June 2001).]
Old 26 June 2001, 03:38 PM
bennetm
Scooby Regular

Smile

Stef,

Hope you never plan to sell CK1 on the BBS!

Old 26 June 2001, 03:47 PM
ian_sadler
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Bad luck.

Did the fuzz turn up and give him an eye test?

Time to get the Roo bars fitted.

Ian
Old 26 June 2001, 03:55 PM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

Bad break Stef, I can't believe what bad luck you're having, especially after you have worked so hard in getting your car straight after it's last bender.

I'm no longer surprised at the idiocy I see at roundabouts these days (referring to the old giffer, not you).

How many times have you been at a roundabout, in the right hand lane, planning to take the 3rd exit, only to find the tw*t in the left lane cutting right across you and carry straight over, as if there was only one lane going around it.

GRR

I hope you get the car ship shape soon matey.

Old 26 June 2001, 04:15 PM
CraigH
Scooby Regular

David,

You haven't driven round Nottingham and Derby.

Unbelievable

Old 26 June 2001, 04:24 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face

Jesus Stef, you've had no luck at all lately. Maybe he was dumbstruck with the scoop round the wrong way

I'm sure your lucks bound to change soon. Keep smiling.

Stefan
Old 26 June 2001, 04:26 PM
andym172
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Sorry to hear that Stef!

I was only thinking today that as soon as the sun comes out how driving standards drop!
On a 20 miles trip I had 2 people nearly crash into me through no fault of my own.

Anyway, good luck with the repairs!

Andy.
Old 26 June 2001, 04:29 PM
Dave_RSTurbo
Scooby Newbie

lol,

imagine your luck!!

Old 26 June 2001, 04:34 PM
rjh
Scooby Regular

Wink

Bad luck Stef.

Why not take the courtesy car round the ring?

Richard
Old 26 June 2001, 04:34 PM
Gary Foster
Scooby Regular

Stef

Sounds like you got pictures of the cars before you moved them, which is perfect - and bloody quick thinking on your part ! yes sounds like you'll be fine.

Prior to having to have my own claim sorted, I would have berated you for wasting our insurance money on a company as you describe (the total claim will be *much much much x 4* higher once they have added their bill onto it)

However, having had to do this myself, all the worry - being out of pocket, insuring with 0 ncb endless letter writing and going to court - in the future I will do this too makes me sad but insurance claims are just too complex to deal with yourself

Gary
Old 26 June 2001, 05:32 PM
millband
Scooby Regular

Angry

Just to add to the list of well-wishers - hope you get it sorted in time, that is such bad luck.

Pretty much the same happened to me about a year ago - following a chap onto a traffic light controlled roundabout (the lights were green), he has a panic attack thinking someone was about to jump the lights to his right (they weren't), so he emergency-stops (right in front of the guy he thought was going to jump the lights - so how does that help him??). He had a towbar which squished my front bumper when I hit the back of him.

Last month I had the front bumper bent again, this time by a lorry which reversed into me while I was stationary at traffic lights

Oh well, at least it gets the stone chips sorted....

Steve

Quick Reply: CK1 Gets Bashed.....Again!