Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Admiral

Search this Thread

Old 04 May 2010, 07:54 PM
olliecampbell
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Admiral

What a horrendous experience, after filling out the online multi-car policy it wouldn't give me a price and asked me to give them a call.
Ok fair enough, I though.

After being on hold for 5 minutes I got some abnoxious bloke who put me on hold again for another 10. Got very bored of that and hung up.

Called back, got a different person. 'Oh you need the reference number'. Damn it, just closed the program. 'Sorry, login and get it and call us back'

Sigh.

Attempt 3...'Sorry sir, we can't insure you because of the modifications'.

Jeezzzzz!!! Think I'll try someone useful tomorrow.
Old 05 May 2010, 11:39 AM
skyinsurance
Former Sponsor

feel free to call us on 02083645500 or PM me your contact details and I will arrange a call back.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance
Old 08 May 2010, 01:04 PM
ScottishRayman
Scooby Regular

Just had my renewal in from Admiral Ollie, and at a whooping £940 quote they can go sing for it!!!!!! Not impressed at all especially as I have given them approx 5 years monies and no claims - at a very quick check (online and even Post Office) I note that companies will beat this with at least £200. They obviously don't want Subaru owners money or maybe just mine ....... got a couple of weeks until policy lapse and will certianly move on from Admiral.

Last edited by ScottishRayman; 08 May 2010 at 01:34 PM. Reason: More update
Old 08 May 2010, 02:50 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottishRayman
They obviously don't want Subaru owners money
They do seem to be increasing the prices on Subaru's (from what people ringing for quotes tell me) which is strange, as they are dirt cheap on the new GTR's and Focus RS's
Old 08 May 2010, 08:39 PM
Davey L
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScottishRayman
Just had my renewal in from Admiral Ollie, and at a whooping £940 quote they can go sing for it!!!!!! Not impressed at all especially as I have given them approx 5 years monies and no claims - at a very quick check (online and even Post Office) I note that companies will beat this with at least £200. They obviously don't want Subaru owners money or maybe just mine ....... got a couple of weeks until policy lapse and will certianly move on from Admiral.
Had the same thing with Admiral last year. My insurance went from £600 to over £1125...... the excuse they gave was because i had 3 points for speeding now. They weren't happy when i pointed out that i paid my fine to the Sheriff's court and not admiral and i could find over 15 quotes under £500. They very nicely offered a £75 discount for customer loyalty as i'd been with them for over 10 years (with over 9 years protected no claims as well). I already know this year they've bid over £800 when Kwik-Fit have quoted me £386!!!!!!
I really don't know how they work it all out sometimes the quotes are comical.
Old 09 May 2010, 01:31 PM
ScottishRayman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Davey L
Had the same thing with Admiral last year. My insurance went from £600 to over £1125...... the excuse they gave was because i had 3 points for speeding now. They weren't happy when i pointed out that i paid my fine to the Sheriff's court and not admiral and i could find over 15 quotes under £500. They very nicely offered a £75 discount for customer loyalty as i'd been with them for over 10 years (with over 9 years protected no claims as well). I already know this year they've bid over £800 when Kwik-Fit have quoted me £386!!!!!!
I really don't know how they work it all out sometimes the quotes are comical.
Davey worth trying Post Office also as they also beat off Kwik Fit quote for me. I await PM reply from Moley on his company also but certainly it wont be Admiral.
Old 09 May 2010, 03:30 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Currently own 2 cars. Subaru STi type U.K with dealership mods and a '53' plate U.K specced YRV Turbo 130 also modded. Currently have the YRV turbo with Admiral on Fully Comprehensive insurance, and declared the mods (Suspension, alloys, exhaust, air-filter) which they have accepted. One thing that they won't do is replace said mods without a premium price being paid, I ended up spending an extra £40 on just declaring the mods to keep legal, if said car is in an accident then the mods arn't covered for replacemement. Saying that been doing the old confused.com/gocompare.com look around for cheaper insurance and non of them come cheap as the quote from Admirial this time around (6 years no claims). A lot of them came back with quotes for over £1000 for a car that is now only worth @ most £3000 and is group 8 and me being 38 years old. Admirals new quote for this year comes in @ £360.

Oh asked them a year a so about multi-car and when I said I had a Subaru Impreza STi they went away and came back with 'Sorry sir we cannot cover you on that'.

Last edited by jpor; 09 May 2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10 May 2010, 06:59 AM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
They do seem to be increasing the prices on Subaru's (from what people ringing for quotes tell me) which is strange, as they are dirt cheap on the new GTR's and Focus RS's
Lin's Scoob they wanted MORE than the RS. Will be back soon tho. They dont like mods.