Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheeky admiral

Search this Thread

Old 10 September 2000, 03:43 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Admiral have an advert on this BBS stating you could save money by changing. What a joke .They wanted to increase my premium by 117%last year.
Chip
Old 10 September 2000, 04:34 PM
MatthewR
Scooby Regular

They must mean that you can save money by changing to someone else!

Seriously though, good on them for getting a banner on this site... shame they can't sort out their quotes for everyone.

I think a lot of the time it depends on the person you get on the other end of the phone when you're after a quote rather than the company (i.e. some people seem far more helpful and willing to try to get their quote down than others who say "oh, we probably can't do it for less than that..bye".

Matthew

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Chip:
<B>Admiral have an advert on this BBS stating you could save money by changing. What a joke .They wanted to increase my premium by 117%last year.
Chip[/quote]

Old 10 September 2000, 05:33 PM
KRIS
Scooby Regular

I bloody agree . Cheeky gits at Admiral have increased our cover for another year by £150 !!!!!!

Not only have we lost god knows how much depreciation on the car anyway ( cause that wont make a difference to the quote) but we havnt had an accident and we`ve got another years No Claims Bonus .

Will someone tell me the logic in that.

TALK ABOUT DAYLIGHT ROBBERY, If insurance wasnt compulsary they would soon lower their prices to get business.

KRIS ( I`ll get off my soap box now!)

[This message has been edited by KRIS (edited 10 September 2000).]
Old 10 September 2000, 08:07 PM
harryh
Scooby Regular

Talking

Before ordering my EU import Impreza I did the sensible thing and checked how much the insurance would cost. I was with Admiral and they'd been pretty cheap for the current car so I asked them back in April. £860 they said. I decided I could live with that so ordered the car. "It'll not be too much different and I'll have an extra years NCB by the time it arrives" I thought naively. The Scooby is due to arrive in about two weeks and the insurance from Admiral seems to have mystically increased to £1600. So no prizes for guessing if I'll be renewing with Admiral then. (Hint - the answer has something to do with Hell and a snowball)

PS Kris, as far as car insurance goes (and petrol prices for that matter) - stay on your soap-box. In fact superglue your feet to it.

[This message has been edited by harryh (edited 10 September 2000).]
Old 10 September 2000, 10:06 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Hehe...dont talk to me about admiral...

I had a renewal quote from them which increased approx 250% for no reason whatsoever. I spoke to them this weekend about a sum of money they owe me, the stupid woman on the other end of the phone prompty hung up on me after realising that I was not a very happy chappy.

I really really hate them and will never do business with them again. I paid them £1600 for my insurance last year, I often ask myself, what have I paid for...I was having a conversation with Webmaster about my tone regarding Admiral, but it is obvious so many people are very dissatisfied with them.

Cem
Old 10 September 2000, 10:11 PM
simes
Scooby Regular

Angry

I heard on the radio the other day that all insurance premiums are set to rise by at least 25 percent due to the increase in personal injury increase claims a la Amerique.

Anyone noticed the proliferation of companies advertising no win no fee accident claim services?

I vote we all go blockade McDonalds in protest.

Cheers

Simon
Old 10 September 2000, 10:28 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

simes...LOL!!
Old 11 September 2000, 10:56 AM
KRIS
Scooby Regular

Does anyone know someone who works at Admiral.. Perhaps they could point out this page to them and tell them to buck up their ideas.

Have Admiral just merged with another company? is this why they need more money?

K
Old 11 September 2000, 05:09 PM
pwebb
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

yeah , I was a customer once - till they wanted over 200% more than the previous year! - fwiw - Adrian Flux have just done the same thing to me this year - so all insurance companies suck !

btw - Admiral's online quote system doesn't work in IE5.5 so they are wasting their time with web advertising anyway - pathetic!

Paul W
Old 12 September 2000, 10:51 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Yeah Admiral are a waste of time. I paid £1200 last year and this year they want nearly £1800 !! I'll be giving my business to Privelege who are under £1100.

Don't know what Admirals game is but I think its called not wanting business.

AllanB
Old 13 September 2000, 09:12 AM
camk
Scooby Regular

Called some mob in Exchange and Mart advertising annual green card in LHD section(thinking I'll bring scooby over for the winter and save the new wheels), got quoted 1200 third party fire and theft !!!. I'll not be bringing scooby to Germany then for the winter. Currently paying 300 quid fully comp for 996 Carerra 4 in Germany. Think I may invest some money in UK insurance companies !!!

Cheers
Cammy
Old 13 September 2000, 07:56 PM
Tim Skerry
Scooby Regular

It is always worth asking them to recalculate the premium if it is a big increase. The year before last I told Admiral that I was going to look elsewhere and about 70% of the "increase" vanished within 2 hours. It did not work this year, when they asked me for more than double last year's premium, so now I use the National Farmers union who are very reasonable - only £20 more than last year.......