Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

18 YRS OLD!

Search this Thread

Old 19 June 2007, 01:10 PM
DB07P1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 18 YRS OLD!

from what i am aware the best insurance company going at the moment is liverpool victoria....if any1 is looking for a price comparison site Cheap loans | mortgages | credit cards | home & car insurance - moneysupermarket UK is the place to go....however i am still having problems with cost,tried an sti on my dads insurance last night would hav cost him £220 and then.....wait 4 it....to add me it shoots up all the way to £4300 and i hav a yrs no claims....neways iv been lookin at a wrx and the best quote so far is £2300 nebody kno anywhere cheaper i think that quote came from cis
Old 19 June 2007, 02:11 PM
New_scooby_04

If you insure a car on someone else's policy when, in point of fact, you are the main driver, the insurance is invalid and you're breaking the law! Believe me, they would find out too!

You MUST have your on policy and be named *** the main driver!

£2300 is an exceptionally good quote for someone your age on a Scooby assuming it is a quote for you, and not your dad, with you as a named driver!!

If you want one of these cars and your age -and I sincerely don't recommend it- then you have to be prepared to be raped when it comes to the insurance.

Ns04
Old 19 June 2007, 02:17 PM
monkeysan
Scooby Regular

£2300 is less than i got quoted on a WRX and i'm 25!

i wouldnt complain at your age for that
Old 19 June 2007, 03:14 PM
DB07P1
Scooby Regular

i guess £2300 is prob the best i will get then wishfull thinking ey
Old 20 June 2007, 04:12 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by DB07P1
i guess £2300 is prob the best i will get then wishfull thinking ey
Bordering on the delusional I'm afraid mate. I'd be very surprised if that quote was for you as the main driver, fullly comp and genuinely for a turbo! Quite often young un's get what seem like VERY good quotes only to find out that the insurance folks thought they were refering to a non-turbo sport model.

Not worth the expense mate: spend your money on beer and women while you're young. Think about performance cars when you're in your twenties and have a good NCB!
Old 20 June 2007, 04:41 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
If you insure a car on someone else's policy when, in point of fact, you are the main driver, the insurance is invalid and you're breaking the law! Believe me, they would find out too!

You MUST have your on policy and be named *** the main driver!

£2300 is an exceptionally good quote for someone your age on a Scooby assuming it is a quote for you, and not your dad, with you as a named driver!!

If you want one of these cars and your age -and I sincerely don't recommend it- then you have to be prepared to be raped when it comes to the insurance.

Ns04
As long as you declare that you have main usage of the car then it is not. I declared this and my insurance had no problem with it.
Old 20 June 2007, 05:27 PM
wrxsti280
Scooby Regular

try confused.com long shot i know, but ever since i tried them i havnt gone back, and they have already beaten all quotes i have ever had. my last one being through budget and underwritten by norwich union
Old 20 June 2007, 05:39 PM
psychomorph
Scooby Regular

Thats an amazing quote, most want you to be over 30 and 5 years NCB.
Old 20 June 2007, 06:19 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by MrRA
As long as you declare that you have main usage of the car then it is not. I declared this and my insurance had no problem with it.
The point is you can't take this for granted: if you're a named driver on someone else's policy, the insurance company will assume you're not the main user and the quote will be given as such. If the named driver is declared as the main user, then their characteristics will be given more weight in the quote and the price changed accordingly.

Most companies will simply hang up or refuse to quote an 18 year old on a turbo; main driver or not!

Ns04