Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Privilege Insurance - Any Good?

Search this Thread

Old 09 January 2005, 05:59 PM
Ayde
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Privilege Insurance - Any Good?

Just had a really good quote off Privilege and was wondering if anyone on here is using them or used them in the past?
I would really appreciate any feedback on them before I change over from Tesco.

Do they insure imports? Hopefully getting an STI this year and this would keep my options open when looking

Cheers,

Ayde
Old 09 January 2005, 07:19 PM
subarujimmy
Scooby Regular

I used to be with privilege, but they weren't competitive for the scooby. Good to deal with and were good with modifications, (on a saxo vtr and xsara vts), but the paperwork side left a lot to be desired, they kept sending it with mistakes on.
If they were cheaper than my current insurance company, I would use them again.
Hope this helps
Old 09 January 2005, 07:24 PM
~~ Cal ~~
Scooby Regular

Privilege were £400 cheaper than everyone else I tried thoough i kept the cost down with a higher excess. I have 9 points and initially though they would go nowhere near me but i have 6 NCB so they welcomed me with open arms

I'd go for it !

Cal
Old 09 January 2005, 07:25 PM
~~ Cal ~~
Scooby Regular

Incidentally, I think Privilege and Tesco's are both underwritten by DirectLine so the quotes should be similar ?
Old 09 January 2005, 09:25 PM
Hoverbod
Scooby Regular

Default privilage

I am with privilage for my 99 STI5, they were the cheapest by far, nearly went with tesco, who beat everyone else by about 600 squid, and then privilage beat them by another 60 quid, they did however require a tracker. Renewal came up this year at about 960 squid, interesting thing is, if you get a websit quote for new insurance, it came out at 1300 this year. So its worth going with them, even if there is not much init, as when you come to renewal it might be a lotb less.

Jamie
Old 10 January 2005, 02:37 PM
Ayde
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ~~ Cal ~~
Incidentally, I think Privilege and Tesco's are both underwritten by DirectLine so the quotes should be similar ?
On my MY99 UK Turbo they are £100 cheaper and on an 03 on STI type UK they are £300 cheaper, think Privilege give a 10% online discount where Tescos is 5% IIRC and I dont know if you get that if your an existing customer so there probably isnt much difference in it.
Old 10 January 2005, 03:36 PM
stevey
Scooby Regular

they also guaranty to beat any renewal quote (dont know how long this is on for though)
Old 10 January 2005, 10:14 PM
dean harris
Scooby Regular

I have been with privilege for 5 yrs and I dont even bother phoning around for quotes when the insurance is up for renewal (as it is now)as no one has been able to come close for a quote.My car is modified(Wheels,exhaust) and I am paying aprox £750 with protected no claims.
I have owned a japanese import in the past and I could insure this with no problem through them.As with any Insurance company,I'm sure you won't find out how good they are until you have to claim.
Regards
Dean
Old 10 January 2005, 10:47 PM
Ayde
Scooby Regular

Looks like Privilege are going to have a new customer this week
Old 11 January 2005, 10:59 AM
crofty
Scooby Regular

Just got a quote on my Golf 1.8T anniversary over £100 cheaper than tescos who Im with now, and that includes protected Ncb, looks like they will be getting another new customer
Old 11 January 2005, 12:15 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

If it's any help, when I smashed up my Scoob, they were great in sorting it all out. As you are paying for a good service should the need ever arise (hopefully not), IMHO you will at least be covered by a decent company

They'll certainly be getting a look in again when I renew.
Old 11 January 2005, 12:44 PM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just been on Priv's website

got a competitive quote BUT basic terms says NO mods eg. wheels, exhaust etc??

do you need to phone direct????

Steve
Old 11 January 2005, 05:36 PM
ricardo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve001

do you need to phone direct????

Steve
Yes, if you are talking about anything that is imported or modified then you'll need to talk to them.

I just tried them for a Forester STi (imported of course, via Litchfield Imports) with Milltek exhaust. Tescos wanted £1082, Adrian Flux wouldn't do it unless it was garaged, A-Plan are around the £900 mark without the exhaust, and Privilege have quoted £672 without the exhaust and £772 with it. I got the impression they know what they are talking about as well, compared to Tesco for example...

So far that's looking pretty good.
Old 11 January 2005, 05:58 PM
SCOOBYD00
Scooby Regular

Privs saved me about £300 all in. VERY happy was a click away from tasking Tescos quote...
Old 11 January 2005, 06:15 PM
andy1505
Scooby Regular

Just insured a wrx myo5 for £555 no points no claims in last five years with them. Chuffed to bits. That includes Legal and No claims protection.
Old 11 January 2005, 06:16 PM
andy1505
Scooby Regular

Only prob with them was could not use their web site so lost 10% web discount, Ho Hum(still chuffed).
Old 12 January 2005, 11:23 AM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Sorted

100 squid cheaper than L/V inc mods and if you ask you will get the 10% web discount

Steve
Old 09 October 2021, 10:47 AM
lisaclifford
Scooby Newbie

Default Horrendous Claim Experience

I was involved in a minor car incident in May 2021.There was NO DAMAGE to my vehicle, a 2019 Range Rover Sport SRV, value circa £100K, insured via Privilege Insurance.

The other party’s insurer wrote to my insurer’s alleging their client’s vehicle was written off.

Despite “video and photographic evidence” being provided by myself to Privilege, c/o their CEO, Penny James, (I hold her personal email) demonstrating the claimant’s car is not a write off and being used daily, Privilege have threatened to uphold the claim, despite my repeated protestations to the contrary, as well as spending 90 minutes completing a claim form providing a detailed version of events, stating the claimant driver was clearly distracted and that I considered the claim fraud and that I would readily address it myself.

Multiple and I stress multiple emails to Penny James are simply ignored, despite my continued advices over a period of four months that this matter is making my ill with worry.

Such is my level of worry I have recently began copying the CEO of the FCA on my correspondence also, Nikhil Rathi (I hold his personal email)

A recent letter from Privilege threatens, despite my repeated written requests to refute the claim, that unless I respond in seven days, they will uphold it!

I have ZERO CONFIDENCE in this company or Penny James, who, as a CEO, I consider arrogant, dismissive and incompetent, presiding over departments who clearly do not communicate with each other. As someone who is highly experienced in litigation through my company, I will take legal action against Penny James, whom I consider personally liable for the present situation and her company if needed.

A totally disgraceful state of affairs, more so given the value of the vehicle I have insured with this Company is worth almost £100K.

For the record I am 49 years of age and have never made any form of claim or had a claim made against myself in 30 years+ of driving.

Avoid this company like the plaque and please feel free to email me if you need more information on this matter. You can contact me via our website.

Lisa Clifford