Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Imports....

Search this Thread

Old 14 April 2004, 03:24 PM
so1o
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Imports....

I recently pmed a memeber of scoobynet about an Impreza he had for sale, put it this way it was sold in my book but just had to get an insurance quote.

I rang Adrian Flux, Tesco's, Liverpool Victoria, Admiral, 4Youngdrivers, AA, and countless others.......took a couple of hours tbh. There was so many insurance compaines. I did not get a single quote, some of the reasons were, your under 25, cars to powerful, some would not even bother with me, they said no way and the major factor was its an "import" reason I asked, they said "Parts would be hard to locate" blah blah.

Fair enough Im only 22 with my ncb on my other car, so I tried all this by getting insured as a second driver with my dad, full no claims, they still didnt want to know, my dads 60 with full no claims and one compay even quoted just my dad alone on the Impreza £1900?WTF.

Is it really this difficult, I know my age is a bit of a problem and the LU4 (Luton) postcode, but second driver with my dad with full ncb im sure someone would quote me or am i doing something wrong???. Only other way I thought was change my other car policy with a company that does the "you can drive any other car as long as its insured fully comp". This would work out but Im stuck because I didnt want to change insurance companies for the reason that this insurance companiy refuses to insure cars with different engines now, rule change.

Import was the reason i was given the most for not being able to quote me?
Is a UK car far easier to insure or am i just unlucky?
Old 14 April 2004, 04:07 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

having similar problems at the mo, Im 24 btw.

UK car is obviously cheaper but still expect 1k plus on insurance. got it down to 800 TPFT for 10months £948 NOW FOR 12MONTHS (was £880 yesterday when I checked )
Old 14 April 2004, 06:33 PM
so1o
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by davegtt
having similar problems at the mo, Im 24 btw.

UK car is obviously cheaper but still expect 1k plus on insurance. got it down to 800 TPFT for 10months £948 NOW FOR 12MONTHS (was £880 yesterday when I checked )
I dont mind paying £1000 + but not getting an insurance quote at all is very annoying. I really wanted a scoob especially the one i was after from the member, perfect for what i wanted it for, but i cant, so bloody frustrating, now im left with the choice of either a S3 or a Civic Type R.

Solo
Old 15 April 2004, 03:25 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

Tis a hard life only having an S3 or CTR at 22 right enough Most people at 22 are lucky if they have GTI badge on their boot.
Old 15 April 2004, 03:55 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

very hard to get insurance now even on uk scoobs, the only people that will quote me on a subaru turbo, is tescos. no one else wants to know untill you are 25, only 1 more year for me but all the same they are all closing ranks and shutting people out.

im sure if cash is no object then you can find someone to insure you on that car, depends on how much cash you are willing to spend on insurance.
Old 15 April 2004, 06:46 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

Fair enough Im only 22 with my ncb on my other car
Is this other car a lower group vehicle than the scoob?, if so use the NCD from that policy for the scoob.

simb
Old 16 April 2004, 04:37 PM
martin850
Scooby Regular

Wink

I have got an MY95 WRX and I was 24 when I bought it.
I got a quote of £1800 fully comp through Direct Line and that was with only two years ncb. If I went for a UK spec it would have been £1200 fully comp.
This did require a tracker but there was a list of about 20 that they would accept.
Hope this helps, Martin
Old 17 April 2004, 08:00 PM
Yuck Fou Motorsport
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I brought my 1999 STi when i was 24, i was with directline at the time and they wouldn't insure me till i was 25, which was only 2 months away at the time, as I had found the perfect car i wasn't about to let it pass so told directline to stick it.

Tesco's had no problem with insuring me, it was £900 fully comp. but had to have a tracker and cat. 1 alarm.