Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tesco think the WR1 is a 2-door!

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2004, 02:25 PM
Blobster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Tesco think the WR1 is a 2-door!

Just that really....
...must have seen Mark's photoshop pics in the members area.

Blobster
Old 20 March 2004, 02:29 PM
Blobster
Scooby Regular

Talking

However, they've quoted me £880 so they may be forgiven.
That's much better than I thought for a first attempt. Let's see what I can achieve elsewhere.

Blobster
Old 24 March 2004, 02:30 PM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Blobster,

Just for a giggle do a quote for a WR1 (and as you said 2 door and probably based on 265bhp and not on the figures released last week by Subaru UK) and then do a quote on a standard STI Type UK ... having spoken to a couple of other clients regarding this the WR1 quote comes out cheaper!!! than the STI??? Personally that doesn't make any sense...bearing in mind one vehicle is 265bhp and the other 321!!!

Personally (and no this isn't sour grapes ...honest) I would check that they really do know what the vehicle is....in the event of a claim if they think the car is 265bhp and you're running 321....well lets just say there might be complications...

Rum*
Old 24 March 2004, 06:58 PM
Blobster
Scooby Regular

Talking

Yeah, you're probably right.
Elephant in the meantime have the WR1 as a 5 door hatchback!?
And L+V who I'm currently with still don't have it in their database at all.

And yes, getting WR1 and STI quotes together, the WR1 always comes out cheaper.

Blobster
Old 31 March 2004, 11:28 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

If you have a car registered as a "WR1" and they have on their database a "WR1", then aside from the doors issue, as your car is standard surely it is THEIR fault if anything incorrect. When you ask for a quote they ask if any mods, you haven't so BHP wont come into it.
Old 31 March 2004, 05:53 PM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SiDHEaD
If you have a car registered as a "WR1" and they have on their database a "WR1", then aside from the doors issue, as your car is standard surely it is THEIR fault if anything incorrect. When you ask for a quote they ask if any mods, you haven't so BHP wont come into it.
Ummmmmmm....yea....but as you sign the form to agree the details listed on it....and its a contract etc etc etc....ummmmmm....personally I'm not convinced.....but what the hell....I'm just a broker

All I would say is check the schedule and policy wording...the car is 320 ps (or close enough) and not 265....it is 4 door and not 2 door...

Quotes at the min through most of the direct writers are coming in LESS than a standard (i.e. UNMODIFIED) STI Type UK....now that to me doesn't add up at all and I for one (again with my insurance head on) would not be comfortable signing on the dotted line (entering into a contract of insurance) if in the slightest bit unsure about the quote etc etc...

If in doubt get it in writing from the underwriters that they are aware that the car has 4 doors....has a higher PS figure than they have noted on their systems etc etc....thats all
Old 31 March 2004, 06:15 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

All i am saying is a "standard car" policy isn't going to have BHP listings on it. Therefore you are insuring a "standard WR1" which they have in their database.

To be honest i didn't check with them if they had my T2000 down as 215BHP, not sure many would.

I'm not a legal-eagle but i fail to see how THEY can list the standard car wrong and it's your fault?!

Andy
Old 31 March 2004, 08:02 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, but if you have an accident and they say **** off are you going to have the money to fight them in court. As Rum says, I'd air on the side of caution and assume nothing. Insurers have a nasty habit of using the smallest excuse not to pay out.

Stefan
Old 31 March 2004, 08:21 PM
Blobster
Scooby Regular

Talking

Got a quote from L+V today. The lady on the phone had to check with their underwriters as it was STILL not on the system, and the underwriters told her to quote as though it was ANY OTHER Impreza turbo?!

I know L+V are very laissez faire about mods etc, but that takes the biscuit.

Blobster
Old 31 March 2004, 08:25 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't understand why none of the underwriters have the car on their systems. I mean what does it take for someone to spec the car and detail the costs

You could also face the possibility that they give you a decent quote and then once it's on their system they send a nice letter asking for a huge increase in the policy or they will cancel the cover.

Bit of a joke really.

Stefan