ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

infinity 6010cs how to fit in classic please

Search this Thread

Old 30 April 2008, 11:02 PM
w13dle
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default infinity 6010cs how to fit in classic please

what is the adaptor i need to fit the infinty 6010cs components in the classic & is there any other mods i need to do to make them fit or is it easier to just get the smaller 5010cs? thanks
Old 02 May 2008, 01:12 PM
Fixel
Scooby Regular

You can use the supplied adaptor, along with the original speaker mount. You'll just need to drill 3 holes.
Old 02 May 2008, 05:43 PM
w13dle
Scooby Regular

ive not got the speakers yet hopefully this month just seeing how ive got to go about fitting them when i do, do the holes need to be drilled in the new mount that comes with new speakers? thanks for the help?
Old 02 May 2008, 07:52 PM
Fixel
Scooby Regular

You line up the adaptor plate on the existing speaker mount. It should only fit one way... think Kryton Factor when you're trying to work it out... Then, mark three holes to drill in the adaptor plate and bolt it to the speaker mount in place of the original speakers. Speakers then mount to the adaptors.

Fitting the tweeter was a little more trickey. I screwed it to the rear of the door card behind the factory tweater grilles (MY99).

Crossovers were taped to the rear of the doorcards, in the area under the handle.

There are some pics here of someone else's install which might be of use.
Old 02 May 2008, 08:37 PM
w13dle
Scooby Regular

brilliant advice thanks sounds pretty simple would guess my95 would be the same all i need to do now is get the speakers . ive read some people use corsa adaptors also maybe a daft question but what size of them do you get the 13cm ones or the 16cm & adapt?
Old 02 May 2008, 10:07 PM
Fixel
Scooby Regular

Infinity 6010cs are 16cm and should come with everything you need to fit, except wiring.
Old 15 May 2008, 06:37 PM
Mew
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fiwek
Infinity 6010cs are 16cm and should come with everything you need to fit, except wiring.
just quick Q (no hijack intended) my 1999 classic 4 door same as above picture didnt come with any front speakers when i bought it and just checked that it has no speaker mounts either.. just a hole in the metal hahaha

if i bought a set of infinitys 6010 would it come with the speaker mounts as well?
Old 15 May 2008, 08:06 PM
Fixel
Scooby Regular

No, you'd need the original subaru speaker mounts. Should be pretty cheap from a breakers.

The infinity ones wouldn't bolt straight to the doors. Even if they did, the speaker magnet would touch the window glass without the proper spacing.
Old 15 May 2008, 10:27 PM
AndyJudge
Scooby Newbie

I've got the self same speakers in my 1999MY Classic.
I purchased some 16cm (6.5") Corsa 'B' speaker mounts from Ebay to allow me to fit the Woofer/Mid Speaker in the original location & then the tweeter up where tweeter grills sit (by the Handle).

Wiring I made up a new length of wire from the original loom to the crossover box, which as mentioned above I fitted into the void under the armrest.

Also got a pack of MaxMat from Car Audio security & covered all of the bottom half of the door.

Fitting the second speaker into the door at the weekend (If not raining) & will try to get a couple of piccies
Old 15 May 2008, 10:31 PM
Mew
Scooby Regular

nice
Old 15 May 2008, 10:41 PM
Rustle73
Scooby Regular

Agree with all the comments on using the original speaker mounts - piece of pi$$. For my tweeter I used the silver mount supplied with the kit. This can be screwed easily onto the door, then the tweeter simply gets set into it and then twisted to hold in place. Found this much easier than using the other adaptors, as shown in that link. I'm sure both ways work fine, I just found this way much easier - espcailly when working on a road side in London!
Old 21 May 2008, 11:59 AM
naughtyhunnybunny
Scooby Regular

Hi.. Considering purchasing the above speakers( 6010cs) after reading this thread, what sort of sound do they give over what I already have? I know it like asking how long is a bit of string but, I have Alpines in my fronts Normal size ones and no tweeters at the mo, I do have a really good headunit, good rears but all I actually hear is the rear ones, the bass is a bit crud too but I don't want to go down the route of losing boot space with a great big box and there is the weight issue if i can help it ? I've already put the dynamat sound proofing on the front doors and on the rear parcel shelf to try to help..
Old 21 May 2008, 12:54 PM
Going 4 400bhp
Scooby Regular

I just got and fitted the 5010cs and it took me an hour to put them in to both doors.

If you want to make your life easy just get these and they sound pretty good!

I just need a little sub now and thats it for my ice
Old 21 May 2008, 03:21 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by naughtyhunnybunny
Hi.. Considering purchasing the above speakers( 6010cs) after reading this thread, what sort of sound do they give over what I already have? I know it like asking how long is a bit of string but, I have Alpines in my fronts Normal size ones and no tweeters at the mo, I do have a really good headunit, good rears but all I actually hear is the rear ones, the bass is a bit crud too but I don't want to go down the route of losing boot space with a great big box and there is the weight issue if i can help it ? I've already put the dynamat sound proofing on the front doors and on the rear parcel shelf to try to help..
If they're Alpine co-axial speakers, they're probably not brilliant unless you paid mega-bucks.

The 6010cs will take a bit more oomph to drive them due to the x-overs but in SQ terms should be miles ahead. Properly mounted, they'll give a tad more mid-bass to the front end too.

J.
Old 22 May 2008, 09:09 PM
naughtyhunnybunny
Scooby Regular

No, my alpines were only £40 from Halfords so not in the expensive range and it shows.. I hear nothing from the fronts at all, all I ever hear is the rears which is pretty pointless as I'm in the front? I'm sure the spacers are still in situ as the alpines were a direct replacement in size so going bigger should be quite straight forward and I've found the thread on SN with pictures which is helpful as we don't know a great deal about all cross overs etc but I'm sure the constructions along with the pics on here should be more than enough, although we don't know a lot we arn't dim wits either (gulp) ? Are the 5010 the version before the 6010 or are they more powerful or neither?
Old 22 May 2008, 09:22 PM
Mew
Scooby Regular

after looking around i got a full set of infinity reference 6012 speakers (front and back) they actually came with universal mounts included which dont actually fit the 100% into the standard drill holes on the car but i still managed to fit anyway despite having no mounts front or back

nice sound, i was worried looking at the size of the magnet that i may need to buy an amp and put a sub in the boot, but these speakers are grrrreeeeeat!!!

not much difference at low volume but when turned up to ever so slightly louder, the speaker quality really shows through. amazing sound and not because im used to rubbish either; i wanted to put my vibe 6^9s into the back but the magnet being bigger than the infinity speaker itself would not fit and slot into the hole at the back........ solution i bought 2nd set of infinity had little trouble putting them in because no mounts but in the end i managed
Old 23 May 2008, 03:24 PM
w13dle
Scooby Regular

just went to the closest audio shop but unfortuantely they didnt have the infinity 6010cs i wanted but they had the jbl gto607c i couldnt wait cause mates fitting them for me tommorrow so got these think i read this are the same speaker anyway does anyone know?