SX fuel pressure reg issue!

Search this Thread

Old 12 July 2013, 01:21 PM
swisstonihasher
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face SX fuel pressure reg issue!

Hi,

Anyone out there have an SX fuel pressure reg, 15404 model, and done a vaccum test on it? I've just bought and installed (carefully) a service kit for mine as I found fuel was coming through on the wrong side of the diaphragm. Did vac test and it was leaking quite a bit, put new kit on and it's still leaking slightly, yet to try it on the fuel system again though but I'm not over happy with the thought of a boosted car having a slightly leaking fuel pressure reg which could result in lower than max fuel pressure at max boost.

I'm in touch with an american supplier of SX (that I got the service kit from) but wonder if anyone out there that has sx reg can vac test theirs and advise if it leaks at all. I've tested the pipe and guage I'm using with my technical finger and it doesn't leak.
Old 16 July 2013, 04:37 PM
swisstonihasher
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorted it without outside advice, seems the adjuster bolt and the brass nipple need a small amount of PTFE tape and then no leaks, 100%. Note to anyone with SX reg fitted, check the unit for air leak as when you're on boost there#'s a chance it can leak a little until you do the PTFE install.